The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Numide – Kempton tomorrow

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Numide – Kempton tomorrow

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

This one really interests me …but no idea what the price will be yet <!– s:cry: –>:cry:<!– s:cry: –>

Fifth in the french derby and pretty highly tried after that. He ssems to have taken to jumping well at Gary Moore’s (who is having a good season of course). Stepped up in class tomorrow but gettinga little bit of weight. Couldnt be in better hands and a good win tomorrow could see him tumble in the supreme novices market

Will probably go off at 4/6 now or something…

Thoughts anyone?

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Classy individual, and has to have a decent chance at chelto, should be capable of pissing over tomorrows field, but couldnt see him being that short as theres alsadaa (who was unsuited to the tolworth ground, when humped there) and pigeon island in the wings and there will be little margin for error. Id expect him to be at least 3/1 bearing in mind that hes got to show how much improvement hes got (he definitely looks to have a fair bit in hand of his rating). Nevertheless hes a popular horse and its entirely possible that alsadaa may be the value

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

I’ve been talking about this horse on a number of threads in recent weeks, and along with Tazbar he’d have to be one of the most exciting novices of the season for me.

The form of his debut victory is working out extremely well with Matuhi running creditably for a long way behind Hold Em yesterday, and he’s won his races with such style (even accounting for the fact that they were ordinary events) that I can see him becoming very good indeed.

I’m on for the Supreme Novices’ at any rate, though Gary Moore has said he needs to win tomorrow to go to Cheltenham. Should walk it, even with Stellino in opposition.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Looks exciting and looks cheap- when you see some of the prices they’re paying nowadays how did they steal him for €100,000?

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

This one really interests me …but no idea what the price will be yet :cry:

Fifth in the french derby and pretty highly tried after that. He ssems to have taken to jumping well at Gary Moore’s (who is having a good season of course). Stepped up in class tomorrow but gettinga little bit of weight. Couldnt be in better hands and a good win tomorrow could see him tumble in the supreme novices market

Will probably go off at 4/6 now or something…Thoughts anyone?

I hope you are right, being in a bit of a privelage position I got 2/1 about him and 10/11 Binocular………my main bet being the latter……The SL website were forcasting Binocular at 10/11 all day but for some reason they have now changed it to 4/5

I thought he was a sporting bet at 2/1 but to be honest I have no idea how he compares to Stellino………I think tomorrrow when the UK bookies open up you will find he will be fav but no way will he be odds on

If they both win well it will certainly make for a more interesting Cheltenham………..I think Numide is a very hard horse to work out personally and could be anything.

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4822

2/1 is a very short price for a horse with it all to proove. Stellino has been more impressive in his one run, Pigeon Island ran a cracker in the Gold Trophy last time and there should be a decent pace to suit the Nichols horse. Will be interesting to see how he gets on but no bet at that price.

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Being in a privileged position you got 2/1 Fist – it’s 3.3 on Betfair :lol:

Mike

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

I think numide has the beating of stellino unless stellino has improved, he has won both his races with loads to spare and looked to be cantering when the rest were full out in his races.

I would be worried about alsadaa and pigeon island who are already rated enough to take their chances at cheltenham, not because I dont think he’ll have the class to beat them but because he’s had such an easy time on his two races so far that he will need to find significant improvement by tomorrow, if they turn up in form, even without any improvement. Alsadaa was on a big upward curve before not handling the tolworth ground and he wasnt really disgraced in that race, the better ground should see him back.

Numides rating means nothing because he’s well above them, its how much above it that tomorrow is to find out. At a short price with 25 or so lbs looking like what is needed (of which he definitely looks to have about 10 or 15) I couldnt back him though, couldnt back stellino short to improve either, as henderson has had his very good first time out this season and its run and subsequent lack of support in the supreme novice looked to me like maybe that was more a race than a prep race.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

Alsadaa was on a big upward curve before not handling the tolworth ground and he wasnt really disgraced in that race, the better ground should see him back.

Agreed. He’s also reunited tomorrow with Colin Bolger, who appears to know him better than any rider.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

I can’t have that Stellino was more impressive in beating the over-rated Talenti (who has since been beaten further by another Henderson horse) than Numide has been in cantering over Matuhi (who ran well behind Hold Em and Lightning Strike) and an 82-rated flat horse, conceding 21lb.

He looks superstar material to me, and is home and hosed tomorrow as far as I’m concerned.

AngloGerman
    • Total Posts 602

Having looked at Numides flat form, I’m asking myself if he’s the best ever Flat horse to run over hurdles? Beaten just over a length in the French Derby when, by all accounts, he was quite unlucky, then he beat Visindar, also acquiring a Group 2 along the way! Quality flat form, and certainly better than anything Stellino did in Germany. And talking of Germany (surprise, surprise!!), it will be interesting to see how Donaldson gets on. I make no secret of the fact that I thought he would sweep up all before him in England, but things just haven’t gone right for him so far. Fact is, Donaldson did win a Group 1 in Germany in 2006 beating German Derby hero Schiaparelli, and I just hope that tomorrow, he shows the form he is capable of. However, Numides flat form looks fantastic, and I would say he’s the one to beat.

Darren – AngloGerman

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4822

flat form looks fantastic, and I would say he’s the one to beat.

Now where have I heard that one before.. :wink:

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

I can’t have that Stellino was more impressive in beating the over-rated Talenti (who has since been beaten further by another Henderson horse) than Numide has been in cantering over Matuhi (who ran well behind Hold Em and Lightning Strike) and an 82-rated flat horse, conceding 21lb.

He looks superstar material to me, and is home and hosed tomorrow as far as I’m concerned.

Brave call LGR, I’m not brave enough to bank on him for the Scoop 6 tomorrow!

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4822

very brave indeed, he’s a talking horse at the moment (imo) against good horses tomorrow

AngloGerman
    • Total Posts 602

flat form looks fantastic, and I would say he’s the one to beat.

Now where have I heard that one before.. :wink:

Yes, I know I said it about Donaldson…now I’m saying it about Numide!!!

And next week, I’ll probably say it about something else!!!

Darren – AngloGerman

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.