The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Novice Hurdlers 2015/16

Home Forums Archive Topics Trends, Research And Notebooks Novice Hurdlers 2015/16

Tagged: 

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2926

Couple of boosts for Buveur D’Air’s form yesterday but still no signs of life. No chance of those two runs.

He’s running at Donny on Friday.

rocky91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 439

Agreed stilvi with a toi phil, I don’t like to after time but I could post the bet. I backed a toi phil yesterday afternoon at 320.0 for the neptune and 360.0 albert bartlett as his french form on debut to bosseur has worked out very well, with bosseur finishing 8 lengths infront of BONITO DU berlais and only 6 lengths behind blue dragon who I think would be atleast placed in a champion hurdle. Also a toi phils beating of vigil who was a very good bumper horse and don’t touch it who won very well today. I love the way a toi phil finishes his races, hes very genuine. And I’d be sure he’d have the beating of the other giggingstown horses gangster and nambour. if he went bartlett, and his beating of acapella bourgeois ties in with up for review.
    Although he certainly wouldn’t be out of place in the neptune as he travels nicely and dosent lack pace.
    Will be interested to see his rating.

rocky91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 439

Just checked and i was incorrect i got 272.0 neptune and 200.0 albert bartlett. Willie won the race the last 4 years with horses that have gone on to be single figures in the neptune. Last year’s race had the bartlett, neptune and Martin pipe winners finish 2nd 3rd and 4th behind outlander. And pont alexandre picked up the race on his way to the neptune. So I’m suprised giggingstown diddnt run petit mouchoir or disko who were entered up. They must have had plenty of faith in a toi phil.

Participant
    • Total Posts 167

The value bet of the festival is Neil Mulholland’s Shantou Village for the Neptune.
    A lovely quiet prep with Cheltenham form (clocking a serious time) in the book and champers on ice franking it along the way, this horse ticks all the boxes for me and could be every bit as good as former Neptune winners Faugheen, the New One – perhaps going same route as those next season. Loads of acceleration, slick over the jumps and reportedly getting better and better, I’ve been eating into this for a couple of weeks and will continue to do up to the start of the festival.

Mullins crop are a tad over-rated here – long dog, bellshill. Yanworth, Altior and Tombstone would be the main concerns, though the latter likely headed for the 2m now.

rocky91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 439

Disko very unlikely runner after setback. And not a novice but prince de beauchene retired when as short as 7/2 for the fox hunters

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1200

Mullins confirms bellshill for the Neptune

bigzeb2010
    Participant
    • Total Posts 19

Disko very unlikely runner after setback. And not a novice but prince de beauchene retired when as short as 7/2 for the fox hunters

Long Run will miss Cheltenham too. All On The Fringe has to do is jump around now you’d imagine.

rocky91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 439

I backed on the fringe after long run co firmed out at 9/2 and backed marito at 7s yesterday when heard pdb was out.
    I’m a sunning all is well with on the fringe and set to take his usual route in February.

rocky91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 439

***** asuming

Participant
    • Total Posts 117

Mullins confirms bellshill for the Neptune

I would think that means Yorkhill will go for the Supreme assuming Wylie wants to keep his novice hurdlers apart. He did say Up for Review would be his one for the Albert Bartlett.

Yorkhill’s looked impressive whenever I’ve watched him so Min might not be a forgone conclusion (unless he’s another Douvan)

Participant
    • Total Posts 1141

Surely when Barters Hill shows at Donny on Saturday that he easily sees out 3 miles and that’s his best trip he will at least half in price? Easily the easiest of the three novice hurdles to work out!

I mean, Mullins doesn’t win this race does he…0/18 since it started and has had the short priced favourite turned over in 3 of the last 4 runnings….take his beaten shorties out and others have a decent record..At Fishers Cross (11/8)…Bobs Worth (15/8)…Wichita Lineman (11/8)…Black Jack Ketchum (Evs)…

Just goes to show how hype over achievement sometimes shapes a market…how Up For Review is the same price is incredible given Mullins record in the race…

He’s already been soundly beaten twice and is so short based on one run on awful ground beating a horse rated (131)….Barters Hill on the other hand has beaten horses with ratings of (154)..(150)..(142)…(140)..(139)…(137)…and Buveur D’air current 4th favourite and fancied for the Supreme…and is unbeaten in 6!

Participant
    • Total Posts 423

Surely when Barters Hill shows at Donny on Saturday that he easily sees out 3 miles and that’s his best trip he will at least half in price? Easily the easiest of the three novice hurdles to work out!

I mean, Mullins doesn’t win this race does he…0/18 since it started and has had the short priced favourite turned over in 3 of the last 4 runnings….take his beaten shorties out and others have a decent record..At Fishers Cross (11/8)…Bobs Worth (15/8)…Wichita Lineman (11/8)…Black Jack Ketchum (Evs)…

Just goes to show how hype over achievement sometimes shapes a market…how Up For Review is the same price is incredible given Mullins record in the race…

He’s already been soundly beaten twice and is so short based on one run on awful ground beating a horse rated (131)….Barters Hill on the other hand has beaten horses with ratings of (154)..(150)..(142)…(140)..(139)…(137)…and Buveur D’air current 4th favourite and fancied for the Supreme…and is unbeaten in 6!

One thing for sure – this market I going to shook up this weekend!! Mullins confirmed today to Gary O’Brien at Thurles on ATR that Up for Review is an intended runner at Doncaster. SO we have up for review v Barters Hill this weekend!!. If one wins convincingly we are going to have a very short priced favourite!

Participant
    • Total Posts 1141

I hope he does send him over I think he will avoid it though and send Nambour over instead to try and see if they can get a marker.

As Ben Pauling said so nicely the other day…nobody will be wanting to knock the backside out of their horse in their final prep runs..

If they do meet, on everything we’ve seen from both on the track I can only see Barters Hill crushing Up For Review…and looking at the present market with Shantou Village looking more and more Neptune bound Barters Hill could well be an odds on favourite come Saturday teatime!

Participant
    • Total Posts 1141

On another note…..I see David Pipe today has mentioned Moon Racer going straight to the festival with not enough time to get a prep run in…either Supreme or Neptune…I’d guess the former if he gets there…

I know it would be incredibly hard having never jumped a hurdle in a race and a full year off the track with injury problems…

At the end of the day though he won the champion bumper nicely and it’s thrown up a whole host of winners this term…Bet365 are as low as 14/1 while Corals are biggest at 33/1…..as I say it will be an incredibly difficult ask but the Pipe operation are certainly one with the capabilities of bringing one back like that..

I’ve seen worse 33/1 shots…

Participant
    • Total Posts 187

Disappointed to see Barters Hill going up to 3 miles as a hurdler.
    Personally think he should be kept at 20f, he is not slow just needs pushing.
    The Neptune and therefore not the 24f hurdle at Doncaster this Saturday should be the target, imho

Participant
    • Total Posts 1141

I think his best chance at the festival is in the Albert Bartlett. I personally think he would win either of the two. Sensible to go to Doncaster though just to see him stretch out to three miles and see how well he gets the trip….everything indicates to me the further he goes the stronger he gets, doing all his best work at the end of races…

Just love the way he races and he reminds me so much of Coneygree….I see him as a future Gold Cup winner and can’t wait to see him tackle fences!

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

On another note…..I see David Pipe today has mentioned Moon Racer going straight to the festival with not enough time to get a prep run in…either Supreme or Neptune…I’d guess the former if he gets there…

I know it would be incredibly hard having never jumped a hurdle in a race and a full year off the track with injury problems…

At the end of the day though he won the champion bumper nicely and it’s thrown up a whole host of winners this term…Bet365 are as low as 14/1 while Corals are biggest at 33/1…..as I say it will be an incredibly difficult ask but the Pipe operation are certainly one with the capabilities of bringing one back like that..

I’ve seen worse 33/1 shots…

Me too. Neptune might be best target if what they used to say about the Bumper winner still holds good – more likely to want a trip if they win that.

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 120 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.