The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Nothing Gained 7

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Nothing Gained 7

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 180 total)
  • Author
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17609

Day was made today with that performance from Stunning Beauty. Blown away by that, and should be more to come on that evidence.

The only other positive to take from the day was that Justanotherbottle getting withdrawn saved me a few good quid in The Heritage Handicap, as he was second biggest bet of the day after Equilateral.

One to note was Blackheath. “Found” plenty of trouble, and I’ll definitely give him another chance.

Another day in front though thanks to Stunning Beauty, but can only find one tomorrow.

Last time out at Leapordstown, Settle For Bay really got my attention, and I couldn’t resist the 40’s EW tomorrow at Cork. Had a few quid on, but he’s getting bet, so had a bit more at 25’s on the nose. Definitely a plan with this horse, and not certain that day’s tomorrow, but an unreal price.

1715 Cork – Settle For Bay 40’s EW 5pl

• Total Posts 17609

Well that one didn’t need much of a write up. I did say that I had my doubts that that would be the plan, but I expected better than that. He’s still on my radar though.

Still, very very happy with how that week went. Obvious highlight was Mr Carpenter, but Tralee Hills a big highlight as well, while Stunning Beauty impressed me loads, and I’m looking forward to next time. Very interesting horse.

Plinth made me a nice profit at Kilbeggan, and I look forward to Galway with him, while I didn’t win a bean from Blackheath, but very definitely one to persevere with.

Settle For Bay ended the run though, and hopefully a quiet midweek ahead.

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 495

This is a great read again Venture + looks as if you have got out of the stalls very quickly this season. Keep it up.

• Total Posts 17609

Thanks Buckers, good to see you back mate.

Yeah, best start to a season by some way, so just got to try and keep it going.

• Total Posts 17609

Antepost

Premier Fillies
    Huboor 13-2

John Smiths Cup
    Euchen Glen 25’s

William Hill Extra Places Hcap
    A Momentofmadness 14’s

Sussex
    Duke of Hazzard 50’s EW

Ebor
    Euchen Glen 50’s

St Leger
    Numen 100’s

King George
    Real Steel 40’s
    Master Tommytucker 66’s

Grand National
    Any Second Now 32’s

2000 Guineas
    Forest of Dreams 50’s EW
    Wembley 50’s EW

• Total Posts 17609

Very quiet midweek, but did have a bet on Wednesday. Thankfully no aftertiming, as was on my Notebook thread.

Very nice winner Omnivega, and there should be more to come. Managed to get 7’s, and he done it well.

I didn’t have to bet Numen last night at Leapordstown, as I had him at 100’s for St Leger, and he had to win to keep that ticket alive. He ran well enough, but nothing to suggest I’ll be seeing him at Doncaster.

• Total Posts 17609

If the midweek was quiet, the same can’t be said for Saturday, and it’s a cracker. Not surprisingly, I’m going to have to be very careful.

Big race of the day is The John Smiths Cup, but that race like others, is chock full of quality.

In The John Smiths Cup, I also like Harrovian and Afaak. Harrovian was a big fancy for me in The Old Rowley Cup, but despite being an AP loss, he’s always been on the radar. Afaak was a big fancy for The Hunt Cup, and I reckon he’s overpriced here. Sadly too many selections for me to go anything but single handed here. Part of me though, thinks that Afaak might be running here to get his mark down for The Golden Mile or Cambridgeshire.

It’s all about Euchen Glen then. Been backing him for three years now, and he’s been a real money spinner. Previous winner of the race, but this looks tougher. Saying that though, his first two runs have been highly encouraging, and the 3lb drop for his run in The Old Newton Cup looks generous. I reckon it was a canny ride that day. I’ve banged the drum for him long enough, and I just can’t desert him here. One of those horses who’s perennially overpriced.

If it wasn’t for the inclusion of Communique, who I’ve got a soft spot for, and my potential Ebor backup, Universal Order being in the field, I’d back Eagles By Day, but having three out of a five horse field on my radar gives out a few warning bells, and no option but to sit out. All three remain horses of interest for the season ahead, and Eagles By Day, is a very interesting one.

I can’t rule out El Astronaute, though haven’t made my mind up. He’s short enough mind, considering I liked him at 8’s. It’s a toss up between him and Major Jumbo. I like the pair of them, and will be a late call.

At Newbury I’m very hopeful of a big run from Huboor, while I think that Bowman is worth a try earlier in the card, though market vibes aren’t great. Isomer, who did me proud last week, will definitely be bet, but it’ll be a different approach this week, and I don’t think I’ll see any of the massive exchange prices this time………unless he blows the start again of course.

Some card at The Curragh.

The Scurry is a belter, and I’m with Gulliver and Romantic Proposal. Gulliver is solid, but Romantic Proposal is probably the more exciting, and I haven’t completely given up on the thought of her escaping Handicaps.

Old friend Surrounding shouldn’t be disgraced in The Minstrel, while I recon it’s my first ever bet in The Irish Oaks, and I think Snow could be decent.

As I’ve seen with Numen the other night, and Toronto ending up in a Naas Handicap the other week, I should leave The Classics alone at this stage, but I’m interested to see how Wembley and Forest of Dreams get on tomorrow, and it probably makes more sense to bet them at 50’s just now for The 2000 Guineas, rather than tomorrow, but the price tempts me on Forest of Dreams.

Bowman
    Euchen Glen 25’s
    Euchen Glen EW 6 Places
    Huboor 13-2
    Isomer
    Surrounding 12’s EW
    Gulliver 10’S
    Romantic Proposal 12’s
    Snow 5’s
    Forest of Dreams

Possibles, El Astronaute, Major Jumbo

John Smiths Cup
    Euchen Glen, Harrovian, Afaak
    20p Combination Forecasts and Tricasts

City Walls
    El Astronaute, Major Jumbo
    £1 Reverse Exacta

Scurry
    Romantic Proposal, Gulliver
    £1 Reverse Exacta

Paid £31.40

-£0.50

EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 303

Fascinating reading Bobby. Thanks for sharing with us, I’ll be following along.

• Total Posts 17609

Thanks Alien.

Euchen Glen keeping me afloat today, would be nice to get a result in The Scurry.

• Total Posts 17609

If I had to pick the two to come in today, it would have been Euchen Glen and Romantic Proposal. Always nice when the two biggest bets of the day do the business, and the lay on Gulliver, plus the cherry on top of the Exacta rounded things off nicely.

The 33’s for Euchen Glen was ridiculous, but my nerves would have held up better if he’d got one of the other minor places. Turned into my biggest bet of the season so far, and he’s been a legend for me.

I’m expecting the same from Romantic Proposal, and she was fair old bet as well, and I still can’t believe the 12’s. There is definitely more to come.

Gulliver wasn’t far behind in the size of bet, and I got that comfortably back.

Surrounding was a bigger bet too, and though I never got close to clawing it back, I thought she ran ok, and she’ll have other days.

The only sour note was Huboor, she was a massive disappointment.

Of the others, they at least were smaller bets, but Isomer, Bowman, Snow, and Forest of Dreams were all very average.

Eagles By Day was the one that got away.

All in all though, very happy with that today.

• Total Posts 17609

On to tomorrow, and plenty catch the eye.

From “Big Races”, I’m with main fancy of the day, A Momentofmadness, while in The Super Sprint, I’ll stick with Soldierpoy, for all the market isn’t keen.

I dodged a bullet with Dancin Inthestreet last week, but at around 20’s, I’m happy to play EW. (edit, also adding Living In The Past)

Nice card at Tipperary, and though not going mad there, I’ll chance Riviera Sun, for all he’ll probably need this, and may be one for Galway. Nice price if a going day.

Shamad and I’m Not Alone also stand out, but I could only describe them as possibles just now. I’ll see how the earlier ones get on.

1430 York – A Momentofmadness 14’s EW 4pls
    Super Sprint – Soldierpoy EW 5pls
    1505 York – Dancin Inthestreet 16’s EW 5 pls
    1505 York – Living In The Past 16’s
    1635 Tipperary- Riviera Sun

• Total Posts 17609

Summer Fillies Stakes
    Dancin Inthestreet, Living In The Past
    70p Reverse Exacta

-£1.90

• Total Posts 17609

Extra Places Handicap
    A Momentofmadness, Orvar
    70p Reverse Exacta

-£3.30

• Total Posts 17609

Small profit yesterday, thanks to Soldierpoy and Riviera Sun, both 25’s, and a few quid extra in running from Riviera Sun……..so close.

Back to an old favourite tonight. Three years since a serious payday from him, and I’ve gave a few quid of it back since then. I think he’ll top 16’s.

Western Boy 16’s

botchy1botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3673

FFS, wish i never looked in :unsure:

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 180 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.