Nothing Gained 5

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Nothing Gained 5

This topic contains 310 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Venture to Cognac Venture to Cognac 2 hours, 52 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 311 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14097

1650 Gowran Park
    Euro So Brave, Bakers Street
    30p Reverse Forecast

+£80.56

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14097

That was more like it yesterday, with Euro So Brave placing, and King of Brega winning, both taken at 12’s. It was a much smaller bet on Euro So Brave this time, and King of Brega was a saver, but I’ll take it. More happy with Euro So Brave, as it was a return off of a poor run, he never looked as dangerous this time.

Fabulous Saturday Card, and some really decent stuff on offer.

Obvious starting point for me is Ascot, and my old pal A Momentofmadness in The Rous Stakes. One of the highlights of the season for sure, when he won The Portland, and it’ll surely be a long time before I can steal 25’s on him again. Took the 10’s here, and though not as lumpy a bet as Doncaster, it would be a nice 10-1 winner. Every chance on that Portland win, and if he can get into that rhythm again, he wins. More worrying is run in this last year, where he folded tamely, and this is a much stronger renewal.

Also at Ascot is Cardsharp, in their big race, The Challenge Cup. He has no chance on his two runs here this season, but he has an outside chance on his Bunbury Cup run. He hasn’t cost me much money those times I’ve bet him, but I wouldn’t want to be making a habit of it. He certainly won’t be my biggest bet of the day, but I’m happy to risk him at 33’s, with 5 Places.

Pettochside will be a decent bet, probably my biggest of the day. He’s the opposite of Cardsharp, and I’ve had many good times with him, and he’s a regular. A bit off the boil this year, but he ran well in The Dash, and likes it here. He looked back to close his best the other day at Salisbury, and it would have been hard to take if he had won. I’ve no concerns with the quick turnaround. I’ve taken 28’s Win, and 25’s ew 4 Places, and would have no concerns topping up. Holmeswood is an obvious danger, and looks a rather obvious saver, while I don’t think Evergate is out of it, but at around 20’s, I quite like the idea of Nine Below Zero EW as well.

The Sun Chariot is a race that would normally pass me by, but I’ve taken Altyn Orda ew at 33’s, as I thought back here, she just might be a different proposition. The Challenge Cup is my cup of tea, and would normally be my highlight of the action on the level, but I just love the look of The 2yo Trophy at Redcar. So difficult, but I’ve went with Rathbone 12’s ew 4 Places, and had a wee bit more at 10’s to 5 Places. Caballero & Orange Blossom look interesting at prices.

For all I’m looking forward to that one, there’s no doubt what the race of the day is for me, and The PWC Champion Chase has a top notch line up. Could practically go for everyone, but in the end, settled for Jury Duty each way 16’s.

It’s a strong card at Gowran Park, and in the 1505, I’ll side with Rightdownthemiddle, who was encouraging at Perth. 11-2 seems decent, win only. Neverushacon is too big at 14’s, while Steel Wave is hard to fathom for WPM.

In The 1650, the enigmatic Cecil Corbett is worth a chance at 14’s. Bet him a few months back, and he was poor, but I always look out for him, and this looks the time to risk him. He’s been good to me in the past, and the ability is there. If equal interest in that race is Shanpallas. I’ve had one or two smaller bets on him the last eighteen months, but go back three years or so, and he cost me a fair few quid. He seems to have been around for ever, and I remember thinking he was the next big thing. He wasn’t. Still, it’s interesting that he didn’t get a Munster National entry, and as long as I’m reserved enough with him, happy enough to add him too.

Looking forward to a few of these then, and if one or two of these could go the business, I won’t be complaining.

Really keen on Pettochside then, and I’d be disappointed if one or two others didn’t make the frame.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14097

1505 Gowran Park
    Rightdownthemiddle, Steel Wave, Neverushacon
    20p Forecasts, and Tricasts

+£78.16

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14097

The day started badly, but it got much much better as it went on.

I’ve always said I wanted A Momentofmadness to step out of handicaps, but I think that all evidence so far suggests he might struggle. There was always a doubt about Ascot after his run in the race last year, and I’m just glad I didn’t lump on. At Redcar, Rathbone was beat coming out of the stalls, and that’s the risk with these races. He actually did well to teach the tails of the leaders, and I’d have no hesitation following him again.

Cardsharp was much better, and he ran a decent race, while at at Gowran Park, Rightdownthemiddle was a bad bad shout. I won’t bet him over hurdles again.

In that same race, I comfortably laud Neverushacon for a profit. He travelled well, and I should profit again from him before the seasons out.

The biggest bet of the day was Pettochside, he was 4th biggest bet of the season, though not quite big enough to spark that big gamble on him lol. He was fair hammered, and was 10’s from 28’s, even before the withdrawals. He ran a cracker, and would probably have won had he been stands side. Easily covered my stakes on him.

Jury Duty was a lucky winner for me. The race fell apart with the non runners, and no way would he have placed against the big guns. I thought he was disappointing, but I’ll take it.

So happy with Altyn Orda, can’t argue with that st 33’s, with what I’m sure was my first ever bet in The Sun Chariot.

Which leaves me with Cecil Corbett. Fantastic to end the day with a 20-1 Winner, what a price, and after Altyn Orda, he put he miles clear, and absolutely delighted with him.

Nothing much today. Defoe is in the coffin stall, though that’s the risk Antepost, while I’ve chances Hit The Bid in The Abbaye. I haven’t went mad with that pair.

I haven’t went mad with Plinth either at Tipperary, though had to have a small ew at the 33’s, and I’ve topped up 50’s.

After yesterday, I’ll throw in Theflyingortrait and Samtu at Kelso, while Prosecution, who was a decent winner for me at Listowel, will also be risked, despite the rise.

All smaller bets today, and it’ll all be about the perms.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14097

One of those days where I wish it was bigger stakes, but with Plinth getting the ew at 33’s, 50’s, and then Samtu placing at 25’s, I’m not complaining.

Not too much to report on the others.

Really chuffed with that weekend, and I’ll play up some of the winnings at Tipperary tomorrow, but nothing worth mentioning on here, as no significant fancy.

Cesarewitch Meeting coming up, so hopefully a break until then.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14097

I didn’t bother with Tipperary yesterday, would have been getting just for the sake of it, though missing Young Turk wasn’t good, though to be fair, there were more than a couple of losers picked out as well, so glad I swerved it.

I did want a break till the weekend, but there are some I like the look of today, and after the weekend I had, no harm in having a rare Tuesday go.

Great card at Galway, and Dis Donc and Woods Well make the perms at the very least, though I haven’t made my mind up on betting them on their own. Dis Donc is in a hot looking race, and the presence of Top Othe Ra is a problem.

Westerner Point is a horse I like, and I think that he’s not as stamina dependent as I’ve thought in the past. I’ve no problem betting him here at 20’s.

I’ve already bet Draycott Place at 25’s, he can easily make the frame at that price, though I also like Powersbomb in that race.

In the finale, Midnight Run must have a chance from the yard, and 11’s looks worth chancing.

At Leicester, I had to chance Twilight at 14’s. Market is ominous, but that is just a very tempting price.

An even ”temptinger” price is Live Dangerously at Brighton. Horse can put it in now and then, and knows his way round here. 33’s pulls me in.

1530 Brighton
    Live Dangerously, Limerick Lord
    1615 Galway
    Dis Donc, Top Othe Ra
    50p Reverse Exactas

+£76.16

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14097

I’m glad I played the Tuesday then, and I had a very very good day.

Things kicked off with Woods Well at 5’s, before my main bet of the day, Draycott Place just failed to hang on. Can’t argue with the 25’s EW though, and I also made a fair profit in running. I love those Ryan horses.

With those two in the bag, I went for it again with Twilight and Midnight Run, topping up the 14’s & 11’s, with more at 12’s, and 7’s. The pair of them couldn’t have done it easier.

What a day, and wish it was always like this.

I’m miles clear now, and will be playing every day now up to Sunday.

Still chewing over the Wednesday cards, but I will be having a go.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14097

Having a go then, today, but is tougher.

At Nottingham, at around 16’s, I like Showboating, while at Cork, I’ve already bet Encantador to win 7’s and Paddytheirishman is main fancy at 11’s each way.

I won’t push my luck though, no big bets like yesterday, and I’ll rely on the perms to try and boost, with these guys added at Cork…..

Frosty Beach
    Facethepuckout
    North Face

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14097

Well, the perms really took care of business today, with 5 out of 6 of them placing, and I needed them to. As I said, no big bets, and though happy with the ew on Paddytheirishman at 11’s, it got me a fraction of what the perms did, and it was Paddy along with Encantador, who properly boosted them.

Would have been even better if Showboating has went one better than fifth, but looking at RP Report, doesn’t seem to be any hard luck stories.

Still, another clear profit today, and on to Thursday’s Action.

Really struggled, but I’ll go with Get Out Of Jail each way in the last at Ayr, at around 16’s, while I’ve already bet Wenceslaus each way in the last at Bangor at 11’s.

That’s the only singles, though Spark Plug would be bet if he drifted much further at Chelmsford.

As it is, he’ll make the perms, along with Markhan at Bangor, and Awake at Midnight at Worcester, who are far too short to bet on their own.

I won more than expected today with those perms, considering the short prices of some of them, so the singles are slightly bigger today, and Get Out If Jail is the main bet. I’ll perm them all as well.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14097

The aptly named Get Out Of Jail, did the business yesterday for me, and I managed to nick 20’s. Although a smaller bet, he was the main fancy of the day, so chuffed to bits to get a return at that price. He ran very well, and only bumped into a very impressive, and well handicapped winner. Perms paid their way as well, ok it was for shrapnel, but happy with Awake at Midnight winning, and Markhan placing at 6’s helped, as did Spark Plug being a Non Runner.

I really hope this run can continue, easily the best start to a season I’ve ever had, but such a tough card today, and expecting a reverse any time. More than happy to give it a go though, though absolutely no idea how to absorb this lot into perms. I don’t think it can be done really.

York takes centre stage today, a great card. In the opener, Three Card Trick looks to have a proper claim, and at around 6’s, he surely makes the frame. I would have preferred to see him take in The Rockingham, as I think he’s vulnerable for the win at this trip, but he’s still appealing. In the 1440, no real surprise here, and it took me about five seconds to go for Nicholas T. I haven’t actually bet him as often as I thought, but I certainly did the last twice. He ran very well at Newmarket last time, somehow managing not to make the frame, while he was given a great ride here the time before, by today’s jock, but just wasn’t good enough on the day. 16’s with 5 Places is very, very decent. Stablemate Tommy G is the same, not bet him as much as I thought, but always gets a second look. He differs from Nicholas in that he seems to have went off the boil, but SDS is a seriously eye catching booking for the yard, and he had to bet bet to the 5 Places as well, this time to 14’s.

The Goldie pair would be the main hopes at York, but there are others there who appeal. Up against Nicholas T is Chatez, who I’m not convinced of over this trip, but is a fair price, while in the 1625, there is no way I’m letting Midnight Malibu go unbacked at 66’s, especially with 5 places on offer. She’s a smashing horse with the ability to spring a shock, and I’ll add her with Longroom, who’s also looking overpriced.

My big hope at Newmarket is Rock Eagle in The Old Rowley Cup. Main bet is at 8’s, but I do have scrapings at 16’s each way. In the opener, I could make a case for Well Done Fox at 6’s, and he’s worth chancing at that price. In The Challenge Stakes, I think Dancing Star is a standout price, around 8’s, and I have to be involved again, after the last run.

Great card at Newton Abbot as well, but only bet at the moment looks like being Moving In Style, who’s been in fair form in weaker races, but off the back of a wind op, looks overpriced at 9’s.

There’s a couple at Downpatrick as well, with A Place Apart looking overpriced as usual, and I bet him each way at 11’s, while in the finale, Ballyfinboy could bet if the price holds, but probably best to hold off and see how much carnage there is with my earlier selections.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14097

1440 York
    Nicholas T, Chatez
    50p Reverse Exacta

+£75.16

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14097

1725 York
    Tommy G, Paddy Power
    50p Reverse Exacta

+£74.16

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14097

So happy with Rock Eagle in The Old Rowley Cup, he was a fair sized bet for me, and he was the highlight of the day. As I said, it’s by far my best start to the season, and he made it even better. I really like him, and love to see what route they take next year.

At Downpatrick, the day had got off to a great start anyway with A Place Apart doing the business at 11’s, and as promised, went for Ballyfinboy in the last. He did me proud at 9’s, winning easily.

More than happy with Well Done Fox, nice horse and another worth following.

Biggest disappointment of the day, was the running of The Goldie horses at York, particularly Nicholas T, as he was a fair punt as well, and he was poor.

The rest were smaller bets (bar Midnight Malibu, who I got greedy with), and the worst of the day was Three Card Trick.

A very very good day, was beaming after Rock Eagle, and just going to enjoy Saturday. It can’t be any better than the rest of this week surely, but I’ll be trying anyway.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14097

Good racing everywhere today, but so many fancies, I have to restrict myself to the three big meetings.

Big race of the day is The Cesarewitch, and also my favourite flat race. Several years since I bet the winner here, and my main hope is Cleonte. I’ve bet him 25’s Win only, so will top up each way to 8 Places. This is one of five flat races where I have a maximum budget, and I always leave money to play with on the day, so a fair top up, and any of my three Place, and it’s a free race for me. I’m also with Theglasgowwarrior and Its’afreebee to various terms. Cleonte is very definitely the main fancy though, and I’ve had a go.

Also at Newmarket is Norway. It’s not very often I put up 2yo threads, but I’d did for this boy last week, he looks very promising. I don’t like betting at these odds, but I thought he’d be favourite, and I have to bet him at 4’s. In The Autumn Stakes, I’m with Omnivega each way at 66’s. Very green on debut, but showed something near the end. Later on the card I’ll try Perfection and Forest Ranger, but stakes will depend how earlier bets go.

Great card at Chepstow too. Probably more races to watch than bet, but in The Silver Trophy, I’m with Court Minstrel each way at 20’s. Love this old boy, and hoping he had one last big race in him. In the big chase, Step Back could be a graded horse in time, but with a view to winning The Ladbroke, he might not want to win this. I think Bigbadjohn was a big price, and I took 11-4 with the extra place. Midnightreferendum and Master Tommytucker are very interesting, but not much of a price. Considering Midnight, but Tommy is just too short, for all that he’s very promising.

At York, just going with these Aasheq, Vintage Brut, Al Qawha, and Kyllachy Gala. I’ll increase stakes if any joy, and also looking at Tuscon.

This could be painful for me today, but it’s been some week, so I can afford to have some fun. Stronger fancies permed together, as well as perming then by Meeting.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14097

1515 York
    Al Qawha, Shared Equity
    50p Reverse Exacta

+£73.16

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 311 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.