Nothing Gained 4

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Nothing Gained 4

This topic contains 782 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  darren83 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 783 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14088

1540 Aintree
    Ibis Du Rheu, Heist, On Tour
    20p Combination Forecasts and Tricasts

-£366.17

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1525

thanks VTC you are a star

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14088

You are more than welcome N, happy days.

Flyers Nap
    Participant
    • Total Posts 268

That morning after feeling.

Every year the family like a few bets,with yours truly never seeing the stake money,probably goes on up and down the land ,no mind,the race still brings people together.

The little warrior brings home the Bacon,had my doubts as that race at HQ took a lot out of him.Running on empty at the end,just a gutsy perfomance from a real battler,wonderful horse.

The big question now,where does he go,suspect there might be only one race on the agenda.Still only 8 yr old,if they can keep him sound,every reason to suggest that upward curve may continue.

Plenty more to take out of the races over the big fences,the first two home yesterday and the Topham winner were ridden by three excellent pilots,sit back later and watch all the races over these obstacles,no coincidence that the same few rise to the top.

Cognac towers will be rocking for some time,with good reason,well deserved.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7661

I’d’ve been so down if he hadnn’t won. I rewatched The Morning Line again to double check what Ruby had said about Pleasant Company and he definitely said he didn’t stay last year and hadn’t improved so he had no chance [ie if I can’t win on him no one can]. I’m sure that the amount of passion generated by VtC’s [and Tiger Rolls] followers got him over the line. My hands are still hurting from clapping and clenching and punching and, as for shouting, well, it’s a wonder I can talk today! Not only that but he came out top in the vote on the grandnationalguide which I follow year in year out, and it’s the first time we’ve had the winner in ages. The little horse has made a lot of people very happy….

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14088

Moe, Pleasant Company would have been a hard one to take. I gave him a strong chance, he was a big winner for me last year, and I’ve been touting him since his Novice Days.

As for Tiger Roll, what a boy he is, and I like to think it was the industrial language which I was using that actually got him over the line…………..I had to be sedated after that lol

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14088

@FlyersNap
    The morning after wasn’t so bad, it was the rest of the day that took it’s toll. I took the mutt for a very long walk, and that blew the cobwebs away, and then I got in, and collapsed on the couch, a very delayed hangover. Spent the rest of the day curled up in a ball, watching re-runs……..and I still think Pleasant Company is going to get there.

Yeah, only one race now, but I think it’ll be The National again. I’ve been saying for a year and a half now, since that day in The Munster National, that he was a potential Gold Cup Horse. I bet him at 250’s for 2018 Gold Cup, way back in January 2017, long before his win in The 4 Miler, and he’s not let me down. I’d love to see him given a chance, but I can see connections keeping him down the tried and tested, and who can blame them. I’ve bet him anyway, just in case lol. As you say, there is the real chance of progression with age on his side.

As for the bet itself, well I wouldn’t have mentioned this on The National Thread, as that’s not the place to discuss such things, but it was easily my biggest winning single ever. I’ve had bigger wins with perms, doubles etc, but until Saturday, Rock On Ruby in The 2012 Champion Hurdle, when I had him at 200’s, had been easily my biggest winner. Tiger Roll was double that. It was a moment I will never forget. I’ll never forget the finish either, but when he kicked away over the last, well that was my favourite ever moment in racing. It’ll be a long time before I can beat that. He’s tough as hell, and I love him to bits.

Rest of the meeting
    If Tiger Roll was the “good”, then the rest were just “bad and ugly”, and he fair saved my bacon. Thursday didn’t matter, as I only bet a few quid here and there, but I had bigger bets on Friday, and though it was back to moderate bets on Saturday, the number of losers, or more importantly, the number of losers who didn’t even get close, was something of a worry.

As I mentioned the other day, the last two years at Aintree have spoiled me, had plenty of joy, but this year was more like reverting to type, and I’ll be more guarded for sure next year.

I was very happy to have third and fifth in The Topham, from the 80 odd of them at the initial entry stage, but they didn’t pay, and I got loads of them very wrong.

Ante-Post
    Scottish Champion Hurdle – Beyond The Clouds 16’s Win and EW
    Scottish Grand National – Daklondike 25’s EW
    Scottish Grand National – Fagan 16’s Win
    Punchestown Gold Cup – Sandymount Duke 66’s EW
    Punchestown Gold Cup – General Principle 66’s EW

Specials – Aiden O’Brien to win every English Classic 20’s
    I don’t have any interest in The Classics, and don’t follow them, but had a wee go on this, and if this comes in, it will be thanks to The Ante-Post King

Notebooks
    Bet 365 Gold Cup on the horizon, and I was very happy to see Callet Mad swerve Aintree, he’s close to being bet, while Theatre Guide at 40’s, well I think that could look a crazy price on the day.

Punchestown gets better every year, and I’m really looking forward to it. I’ll finish the season off there for sure, but only two Ante-Posts so far, and I’ll have a look closer. One I want to be with is Bachasson. I honestly thought he’d be a Gold Cup horse this year, and still do, but I just get the impression that he was a distraction to WPM, and also got the impression that he only ran there at the owners request. As good as I think he is, I just have the suspicion that one of the big handicaps at the meeting is what he’ll have in mind for him.

I know Court Minstrel very well, and have had many a good payout from him. I thought Chepstow in October would be my last win from him, but I don’t know, I seen enough on Friday, and I just wonder, if he’s worth one more go in The Swinton. If he gets an entry, I’ll bet him once the race is priced up.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4656

Bob i put up early fancies for 2019 national 3 horses and one caught my eye in race this year who go well next season

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14088

Cheers Darren.

I took Alpha Des Obeaux, in my Ten To Follow, smashing horse, and that Elegant Escape, looks to have a proper future too. Certainly shapes like a National Horse.

Flyers Nap
    Participant
    • Total Posts 268

Delighted to hear that.

Remember talking about him way back 2016 before the 4 miler,he was a big winner for you at that meeting,not always about the gambling side.Most of us can regurgitate form when required,but there is that 10% factor,the ability to spot something in a run style,a particular set of conditions,where connections may next place a horse.

You have that in bundles,very rare gift,testament to all those write ups.This is a game where we all have to live with failure more often than not,the nature of the beast,learning to deal with that is the hardest part in some ways.

That scatter gun approach of yours took me a long time to appreciate,but it works for you,long may that continue.

Watching those replays back is huge part of the puzzle,not always the fun part if we get it wrong,but you know my feelings on this,the select few we know elsewhere have one thing in common,they all put the work in.

4 decent looking days this week,couple entered at HQ that I have been waiting for,and the scottish meeting looks none too shabby,targeted by a couple southern trainers in particular.

X-country, back to Aintree,gentle early season campaign,that would be my guess,with one thought for you to ponder over that long hot summer near the tundra……I think he’s much better on decent ground.

Catch up soon……..expect you will be forcing the lid down on the war chest until the wee hours :yes:

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2450

Second bite at the cherry with our pal at Fairyhouse tomorrow fellas ?

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4656

Who old pal mate

SAGLAWY 13/8
    URADEL 4/1
    MORTAL 9/1
    SUNSETSTORISE 100/30

Bets there tomorrow

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14088

Darren, the old pal is Voix Du Reve

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4656

Any views on staying chase at Exeter i like SPOOKYDOOKY got to win soon he does

Any views on Fairyhouse and Cheltenham looks hard tomorrow had quick look i did

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14088

Yeah Darren, not playing that Exeter Race, but if I was, it would be Yanmare. Not so good lately, but he’s definitely not the type who’s going to be a model of consistency anyway. Good luck with Spooky.

I don’t want to have a bet at Fairyhouse, but some very decent races on show.

Not decided whether to do singles or small stake perms, but these are the ones that catch the eye……

1605 De Plotting Shed
    1715 Poli Roi
    1750 Uradel/Voix Du Reve
    1820 Mtada Supreme/Fire In His Eyes
    1850 Youcantcallherthat

We’re getting spoiled this week, with Fairyhouse, followed by this Cheltenham Card, and I’ll definitely be playing tomorrow. Tough card as you say, and these are the early fancies….

Onefortheroadtom
    Cepage
    Brelan D’as
    Kelvingrove
    The Tourard Man
    Dell’ Arca
    Forth Bridge

Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 783 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.