The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Normans Grove Chase 2012

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Normans Grove Chase 2012

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    thehorsesmouththehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5475

Anyone think Noble Prince can be beaten here?

He’ll be desperately hard to beat. On his day Tranquil Sea is a serious horse but we haven’t seen the best of him since he beat J’y Vole in the Durkan. Even that form would leave him with something to find.

Blazing Tempo was beaten by Wishful Thinking in receipt of a stone and seven pounds, so it’s hard to see her bridging the gap.

Saludos would have given Realt Dubh and Noble Prince a run for their money at Leopardstown last year but for falling at the last. He has struggled to match that level of form since.

Psycho couldn’t beat Tranquil Sea in Clonmel and I don’t fancy that runner so couldn’t fancy this one.

Noble Prince is 4/6 at the moment and that’s more than a fair price imo. He should win this on the snaff if he’s to compete in a Ryanair.

darranm3darranm3
    • Total Posts 121

Its a shocking race on current form,I think NP is a good thing and the mare will follow him home!!

thehorsesmouththehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5475

That mare has improved a ton, very smart performance, and a great ride from Ruby. I’m not sure what Davy could have done differently on Noble Prince, I would say he could have kicked on earlier but the horses wasn’t travelling well enough to do that. Maybe the ground that got the better of him.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.