The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Nick Skelton

Home Forums Horse Racing Nick Skelton

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2805

Outstanding gold-medal performance from Britain’s oldest Olympian, who’s fought off not just age but plenty of – ahem – ‘mileage’ too!

The GB team have conjured up a great training feat with both Big Star and Valegro (Charlotte Dujardin’s dressage gold-medaller), as both won at London 2012 when aged 9 and 10 respectively and have clearly been tuned to perfection to win again four years later.

To steal that old Yorkshire thing: if Warwickshire were a country, we’d now be in 50th place in the medal table.

Mike

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

I was mesmerised by Valegro. Missed the showjumping but great result. Gold medal for father, how long before gold cup for son.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6309

Absolutely brilliant performance!!

Fabulous to see!!

TheGhostofCruella
    Participant
    • Total Posts 50

I didn’t think anything could top Charlotte and Valegro but Nick and Big Star yesterday was just incredible, and well deserved after the horse jumped like a boss at London 2012 only to narrowly miss out on an individual medal in th final round.

And he did it the hard way in the jump off – first to go of the six riders.

pilgarlic
    Participant
    • Total Posts 787

Well done Warwickshire. Only 44 years on from our last individual medalist Ann Moore from that part of the world too. An amusing contribution from Yorkshire in this event I thought

Titus Oates
    Participant
    • Total Posts 236

If anyone missed this here’s the replay:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/36691138

Big Star, the Sprinter of show jumping :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.