The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

NH Season ahead – Trainer hints and quotes

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks NH Season ahead – Trainer hints and quotes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dorsia
    • Total Posts 2

This topic is set up to share (if you want to of course) news and quotes people have seen or picked up on in regards to the new National Hunt Season. Indications of plans for the season for specific horses, or training/injury reports, etc.

I hope this becomes useful and clear up some muddling questions about some of our favourite beasts for the new season…..

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

Welcome.

I’ll add something when I’ve got it, but it is a bit early yet. Main source will be quotes from the RP website, so there won’t be anything too original from me.

I started betting again last season, and the quote I found most illuminating was when Nicholls mentioned Big Buck’s in the same sentence as Kauto Star and Denman at the start of the season.

Came across this yesterday, but probably not useful:-

Rare Bob

28Apr09 Punchestown (25Sft ,RPR159)
    He’s shown everyone today that he is a good horse. I’ve always thought a lot of him, but he couldn’t win a hurdle race despite being placed many times. He’s now won three chases and running in the Irish National made a man of him. He didn’t stay the three mile five furlong trip but that race taught him a lot. He’s a terrific cruising speed and now that he has matured he has learned to quicken off it. Rare Bob stays well and has a bit of class. He also enjoys jumping which is a big help. He’ll probably start off in the John Durkan Memorial back here in December and then go for the Lexus at Leopardstown – Dessie Hughes

Dorsia
    • Total Posts 2

Yeah probably need to wait for the RP Stable Tours which always throw some good insight into the mix. Thanks for that though. Cant help looking forward to new season!

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

The other info that we need to get hold of is which horses have had wind operations. I didn’t know Out The Black had had one, until after he beat my Gidam Gidam at Doncaster.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Emma Lavelle is adamant Crack Away Jack has run his last hurdle race. His main target is the Arkle.

I was told some time ago to watch out for a filly called Rose Street who is currently running on the flat but may go jumping soon. She’s apparantly big for a filly and more than useful.

The owner is a great supporter of the jumps and owns several horse including Sherrif Hall who landed a bit of a gamble at Hexam the other day. beating Parky who he also owns. He also owns Snow trained by Peter Monteith who won at Mussleburgh back in May at 6/1 :)

What Rose Street is up to at the moment and what the current plans are I will find out and let you know.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.