The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

NH Mares only races

Home Forums Horse Racing NH Mares only races

Viewing 15 posts - 18 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Our Girl Salley is very, very exciting also.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Our Girl Salley is very, very exciting also.

Agreed, love her prospects mate! could be really really smart.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1658

They’re over here!

Ptarmigan
    Moon Dolly
    Sweet Shani, who’s been running and winning with the boys since 2005, first in NZ and Australia.
    I think Ptarmigan (only 4!), Green Velvet and Farah T Salute will have an excellent 2011.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2037

I saw Our Girl Sally win at Nvan last month; the field was ordinary but she was visually very impressive, bounding over the last hurdle and scampering to the line. I thought then she was special and though her breeding was obscure and her trainer unfashionable, had a good punt on her at L’stown. She could be anything, and lets hope they try her in the highest company.

Lami
    • Total Posts 12

Don’t forget j’y vole either she’s a top quality mare.

cjboy
    • Total Posts 127

How could I forget Voler La Vedette – also add For Bill to the mix and Venetia Williams mare La Bombonera (whenever they decide to run her).

I read elsewhere that Tarla was injured and likely to miss at least most of this season.

La Bombonera was very disappointing in the two runs she has had, most recently at Cheltenham

Participant
    • Total Posts 19

How could I forget Voler La Vedette – also add For Bill to the mix and Venetia Williams mare La Bombonera (whenever they decide to run her).

I read elsewhere that Tarla was injured and likely to miss at least most of this season.

La Bombonera was very disappointing in the two runs she has had, most recently at Cheltenham

Needs soft ground.

There’s a very nice Alderbrook mare at Venetia’s, Cool Cascade, that will be novice hurdling next season. Has strengthened up immeasurably since her debut bumper, has schooled exceptionally well and, once there’s a bit of juice in the ground come late September/early October, she’ll be on the course. Watch this space.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

Bet365 Gold Cup…watch this space!

cjboy
    • Total Posts 127

Needs soft ground.

There’s a very nice Alderbrook mare at Venetia’s, Cool Cascade, that will be novice hurdling next season. Has strengthened up immeasurably since her debut bumper, has schooled exceptionally well and, once there’s a bit of juice in the ground come late September/early October, she’ll be on the course. Watch this space.

So are they persisting with La Bombonera next season then?

• Total Posts 59

Thanks everyone – good list of nice mares here to be watching. I really enjoy seeing the girls, on their own or mixing it with the boys.

Participant
    • Total Posts 19

Needs soft ground.

So are they persisting with La Bombonera next season then?

I believe so. The owner has 2 ex-French youngsters in the yard and I doubt he’d be giving up on them just yet. Probably best to reserve judgement until next winter when the mud starts to fly again to see whether either of them can fulfill their potential.

cjboy
    • Total Posts 127

I’m Delilah was very eyecatching today at Aintree

mdwillis
    • Total Posts 82

Does anyone know if Gigginstown House Stud actually own any mares? I have noticed they all their horses seem to be geldings. As a very big spending outfit to national hunt racing you ought to think that they will have a few mares so that they can send to very best jump stallions such as Presenting, Fleminsfirth and Yeats so they can have some homegrown horses in a few years time. If they dont own any mares I think it is such a no brainer for Mr O’Leary what have they got against mares?

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

On the contrary it is a no brainer to have to wait four to five years to find out that your home breds are duds.Smarter and cheaper to buy made horses who can race from the day you own them.

• Total Posts 811

Just needs renaming to "Stables" rather than "Stud" – stud implies breeding them surely?

Viewing 15 posts - 18 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.