The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Newmill

Home Forums Horse Racing Newmill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Why has his trainer got it into his head that his horse doesn’t go on heavy/soft ground. A quick glance at his form suggests he’s fully effective on, wins as a novice over 21f on heavy and last season on soft in the Kinloch Brae just 2 of numerous examples.

Potentially I think he’s massively overpriced at 3/1 but I’m concerned that he’ll be ‘looked after’ unnecessarily so the minute he comes off the bridle.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

He actually drifted out to 5.3 on BF later on in the morning. As trackside said, he looked to be going ok but don’t know if anything would have beaten Nickname today.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

I see Cashmans doubled Newmills price from 4s to 8s for the Champion Chase after today. A brave enough move given that we only got to see about a third of the race.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17727

Quote: from davidjohnson on 11:20 am on Feb. 4, 2007[br]Why has his trainer got it into his head that his horse doesn’t go on heavy/soft ground. A quick glance at his form suggests he’s fully effective on, wins as a novice over 21f on heavy and last season on soft in the Kinloch Brae just 2 of numerous examples.

DJ

Surely the fact that the trainer entered and ran the horse on ground he considered unsuitable told us the purpose of yesterday’s run?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.