The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Newbury – 8.10 – Gallagher?

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Newbury – 8.10 – Gallagher?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Zamorston
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1139

Surely a cracking bet at 5/4?

On these terms, I can’t see any negatives about the horse at all and can’t see anything to touch it.

Can anyone a bit more knowledgable than me give me reasons why it won’t win?

douginho
    • Total Posts 1046

Because his career wins to runs ratio suggests he will find one too good for him. A bookies friend I think.

sea pidgeon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 326

Because Ive backed him :(

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

2 reasons, Zamorston.
    All his last 5 runs have been in pattern company; he wouldn’t be running in a 7k race if his stable thought he was in any sort of form.
    He has yet to prove he stays the distance. His lto effort suggests possibly not, and with Plum Pudding to tow them along, he will need to.

Zamorston
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1139

Was it the fact that he didn’t stay last time, or the fact that the horses that finished ahead possibly had the edge on him fitness wise. I thought it was a very encouraging run first time out and together with runs last season, looks as though 7f won’t be a problem.

Meehan has had 3 winners from his last 5 runners which bodes well, so shouldn’t see a problem with the horses well being. Even if he’s not quite up to living with the better class of horse at 7f, surely there should be no problem beating this lot tonight?

tbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

I would say it’s inconclusive whether he stays or not, always struck 6f would be his optimumn however.

I would have thought considering he has no penalties and carries just 8s 5lbs racing him in here may be a confidence booster a chance to run him fit

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Won well and won’t have done his confidence any harm at all.
    I’d say the jury’s still out on him staying 7f though, as it didn’t look much of a pace.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.