The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

NEW SYSTEM.

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems NEW SYSTEM.

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4379

darrell

was a prolific poster "back in the day" and also had an active/furtile mind.

There is some good logic to this one insomuch as the better horses should be found in the top weights and then he has added a "good form" ingredient with horses proven at both Course and Distance.

Very sound thinking which cannot be knocked. There will always be alternative theories surrounding weights and form in handicaps but with these sete of rules I am sure there will be some winners and maybe a profit.

Staking

orangefleece

is somewhat of a contraversial issue in Ward 7 with many differing points of view but see how it goes and perhaps the once you have a set of results they will tell you what to do.

Billy's Outback Shack

orangefleece
    • Total Posts 27

Cheers….we’ll see how it goes for the next few days ….i remember years ago a guy in my local bookies telling me about a very similar system to this which did chuck up plenty of results. I remember it being based on points etc etc ..as for the exact details i’m sorry but my memory isn’t that good :lol:

orangefleece
    • Total Posts 27

Ok and indifferent day

13:55 Rock n Roll Ransom rated 80 LR21 Class 3

(7th)

15:40 Castles in the air rated 85 LR7 Class 2

(11th)

16:50 Majestic myles rated 100 LR25 Class 2

17:25 Lang Shining rated 60 LR3 Class 3

(9th)

Just the one placed horse …

i may look at tampering with this to see in if anything has an effect….or if i can can spot anything that will help with the selections.

Selections for Sunday are as follows…

Chester
    16:05 Academy Blues rated 70 LTO86 class 3

16:40 Layla’s Lexi rated 80 LTO23 Class 5

17:10 Granny McPhee rated 70 LTO 9 Class 4

interestingly looking back at todays 1st race Roxy Flyer although 7th on the card was the same rating as the 6th horse so in theory should of been considerded which would of shown that he was top rated with 90 and would of been the selection …i have factored this in when selecting Sundays and only in the 16:05 where there tied selections. The 5th,6th & 7th horses all rated ( official mark) same but none beat the eventual selection Academy Blues.

I am toying with idea that the selection needs to be above a certain amount of points and also X amount of points clear to be the selection.The thinking behind this is that the horse is some way infront of his ‘nearest’ rivals whilst also showing good form.

orangefleece
    • Total Posts 27

Well all three selection didn’t make the frame at Chester but i checked out Newbury and there were four selections which finished 2nd,2nd,1st and 3rd …which i suppose is encouraging.

Selections for Monday at Ripon

14:45 Oondiri rated 95 LTO 20 Class 6
    15:15 JohnnyLestersHair rated 95 LTO 16 Class 4
    15:45 Midnight Martini rated 45 LTO 51 Class 3
    16:15 High Spice Rtaed 80 LTO 19 Class 4

orangefleece
    • Total Posts 27

Well all selections finished unplaced i have noted some down for the meetings tonight and will see how they go before i may put this one to bed.

orangefleece
    • Total Posts 27

No results of note ( one 3rd ) last night so am going to put this to bed ….while the system has some merits its takes no account of going/drop or raise in class..fitness etc.

The search continues.

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4379

There are some interesting "Handicap" systems around

orangefleece

and if that is what you are looking for I am sure the members of Ward 7 have one or two up their sleeves should you want them.

Billy's Outback Shack

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.