The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

New Role For Silvoir

Home Forums Horse Racing New Role For Silvoir

Viewing 5 posts - 18 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 31544

When I spoke to Paul at Salisbury races after the first day of these new rules, pretty sure he did say the BHA’s opinion is not necessarily his own. Although did leave me in no doubt about what he thought of Kieran Fox’s ride on Orthodox Lad.

May be having been on the other side of the rail Paul can convince the jockeys most of the rules are fair. It’s just the penalty structure that might still want tweeking.

Best of luck Paul.
    You’re gunna need it! :wink:

Value Is Everything
    • Total Posts 1533

Wait a minute guys – just because he is now going to PJA doesn’t mean he is going to change his views re-whip.

But he will have to act in what he feels are the best interests of his employers, whether that conflicts with his own view or not.

That’s the way of the world – I’m sure most of us have to compromise in some way at work. And I’m sure those in PR have to do so more often than most.

Surely his real views on the whip lean heavily towards the jockeys point of view and that is why the PJA have employed him?

The jockey’s would have to be pretty dumb to employ him otherwise no matter how good he is at PR.

I know if I were a jockey he’d have to convince me his heart was in the right place before I’d want him to represent me.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

The jockey’s would have to be pretty dumb……….

Some would say the PJA have been pretty dumb throughout

Blocked
    • Total Posts 3003

On balance my view is , an excellent appointment , wish him luck , it will be interesting to see if Corm lauds him quite as much should he manage to get these silly rules amended properly

onwards

Ricky

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9062

Seems to me that a lot of the problem is the fact that the jockeys weren’t represented properly right from the start. Hopefully it isn’t too late to resolve a lot of the important issues. The jockeys have been the most unimportant part of the whole process so far, and yet they are the ones who know what it is like to ride races on a daily basis. Let’s hope they no have someone to give a voice to that knowledge. And they won’t be treated as people at the bottom of the pile from now on.

Viewing 5 posts - 18 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.