NEW Q&A – Simon Rowlands, Timeform

Home Forums Archive Topics Celebrity Q&A’s NEW Q&A – Simon Rowlands, Timeform

This topic contains 33 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by yeats yeats 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2083

That I would like very much, gamble. Though I might feel more reassured if you suddenly decided that your favourite films were Babe The Pig and Forrest Gump :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1984

You got to meet all sorts at those ultimate krone ups. I even met someone who claimed to know Pat NAYLOR on one trip. Didn’t believe a word of it of course….

Wickerman is a great film. I’ve always seen it as an allegorical work. I think Summerisle was modelled on Halifax and Edward Woodward’s fate was sealed after asking too many question of the win-single spot-betting inhabitants about part-wheels and boxes!

#theoldgods

OliasOfSunhillow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9

Hi Simon, Do you not think that it would be in the interest of punters to not have sectional timings generally available. Last year I was all over Jezki for the Champion based on Sectionals, I doubt this would have been possible with sectionals analysed to death in the media. The previous quote is spot on regarding all models are flawed but some are useful. I would rather have a flawed but useful model than a perfect but less useful variation. It also seems a little hopeful of us to wish for sectionals when many clerks of the course cannot be bothered to remeasure distances after altering running rails. I will be up in the Peak area early summer, I will catch up with you for that pint.

yeats
    yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2893

Hi Simon, Do you not think that it would be in the interest of punters to not have sectional timings generally available. Last year I was all over Jezki for the Champion based on Sectionals, I doubt this would have been possible with sectionals analysed to death in the media. The previous quote is spot on regarding all models are flawed but some are useful. I would rather have a flawed but useful model than a perfect but less useful variation. It also seems a little hopeful of us to wish for sectionals when many clerks of the course cannot be bothered to remeasure distances after altering running rails. I will be up in the Peak area early summer, I will catch up with you for that pint.

One race, hardly irrevocable proof of their worth, particularly after the event and over jumps.
    Best to keep them to yourself Olias and make as much money as possible while you can. It’s bad enough getting bets on with bookies as it is now, without everyone trying to get on the same horses based on sectionals.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.