The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

NBA 10/02/2008

Home Forums General Sports NBA 10/02/2008

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

As I said in the Superbowl thread I’m beginning to enjoy what the US has to offer in terms of its club sports – well, NBA and NFL wise anyway – and after hitting the bar on the NBA last week I thought I’d give it another go (I had a 9-match accumulator on the total points, winning on 7 and losing on 2 due to overtime…otherwise I’d have been £900 up for a £5 stake).

Dallas @ New Jersey Over 187.5
    Charlotte @ Detroit Under 189.5
    Toronto @ Minnesota Over 191.5
    Denver @ Cleveland Under 204.5
    Washington @ Phoenix Under 210.5

With Ladbrokes the accumulator pays just over 22/1 and the figures say it should be pretty close.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Not much joy last night LGR – couple of games were only a handful of points the wrong side for you. I must admit I’m more of an NFL man than an NBA fan (I don’t even know the names of the teams in each city in the NBA!) but I look forward to following your thread with interest.

I find it quite difficult to make any money on this type of market as the bookies usually get the margin fairly close and it’s hard to find an edge. I think that’s because the nature of the sports (NBA/NFL) make statistical analyses far easier and therefore the bookies are less likely to get it wrong.

You should keep all your picks to one thread – makes much more interesting reading.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.