The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Naas November Handicap

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Naas November Handicap

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16267

Very tricky……

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/192/naas/2020-11-07/770413

Could make a case for half of these, and the likes of Royal Illusion, Haparanda, and Takarenho are bound to be prominent in the market, but I’ll be betting a couple of JP’s.

De Name Escapes Me is weighted probably to place at best, but he’s a likeable type, and more than often runs his race. A lot will depend on his price, but I’m swaying towards EW at the moment.

I really should leave old favourite Western Boy alone, as he’s had his win for the year, but he’s not been knocked about on last couple of runs on the flat, and very interesting with Kevin Manning booked.

Kris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 626

It has to be Haparanda for me. I think that he’s a very nice type, and he’s in good form too. McMonagle takes five pounds off too, which should make a big difference. He looks like he’ll go very close. I hope he’s a fair price, but I wouldn’t be too sure.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4919

I suspect 15 different opinions would yield 15 different selections for this one, but I’ll name my two against the field:

SHANROE – Gone up quite a way for a comfortable win last time, though the Irish handicapper has an odd way of operating, but lightly raced on the flat and progressive on the level and over hurdles. Could just prove too good for a so-so field.

CAMORRA – Dropping steadily in the weights before winning very comfortably last time at Leopardstown over 12 furlongs. Generally puts in good work at the end of races and this test ought to suit.

A topical selection would be third reserve Got Trumped…, but he probably won’t get in!

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 299

Haparanda for me as well Kris, she just looks to have a lot going for her, and I’ve taken 11-2

At a bigger price of 14-1 is Politicise, and he’s my backup selection.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3021

Not often i got for the shorter ones, but Haparanda looks rock solid to me. Weld is very good with progressive stayers and i think she fits the bill. Jumping on.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3807

WD VtC, trainer certainly in form.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16267

Cheers Grass

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.