The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Naas mon 23rd

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Naas mon 23rd

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6489

The flat is back

And with quite a good card too

The usual maidens with well bred o’Brien horses plus a listed race and a group 3

The bet I picked out earlier was Even So for Ger Lyons and Colin Keane in the 4:30

Ran well behind blissful on racecourse debut, who had the benefit of several runs, before winning costly next time out. Am hopeful the form will be reversed tomorrow and managed to get some 3/1 which now looks like a good price as oddschecker is a sea of blue

Paddy are money back as a free bet 2nd-4th on the race too which is always a nice fall back

Haven’t backed it yet but Hong Kong, half brother to caravaggio, is running in the 3:30 off a mark of 88 and will surely be better than that in the long run. May be one to watch going forward if he is a better 3yo than 2yo.

Anyone had any bets?

Participant
    • Total Posts 3879

An interesting card to start off. Not going wild have had a small bet at 3s on Even So too FF. Only noticed now it’s been well punted.

I’d fear Raven’s Cry, for all she might want better going. Not sure on that though and i liked her last year.

I would prefer Elusive King to Hong Kong at the prices in the Madrid.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6489

Been a big market move for Even So

Participant
    • Total Posts 12716

Even so does look a decent sort and won as she liked last time out. The only thing is that
    she’s a bit skinny at slight odds on. I’m taking a chance that Kiss For A Jewel just had
    a bad day at the office last time out. She looked like one to keep an eye on on her 2
    previous runs which she ran out a comfortable winner.

Also having a few quid on Cerro Bayo, she’s completely unexposed and 20/1
    is too big to turn down.

Kiss For A Jewel 9/1
    Cerro Bayo 20/1

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6489

Even so seemed to get impeded at the start when the horse to her left veered directly right when leaving the stalls

consequently ended up in a poor position and chances of winning significantly lowered

Participant
    • Total Posts 16514

Here we are again back at Naas.
    The opening race is a maiden won back in March by Jim Bolger. He has two runners today both with low draws in a much bigger field.
    Watching brief but will be interesting to see if this return to the flat sees Bolger in his good early form again.
    Allegar and Verbal Fencing

Participant
    • Total Posts 3879

Turbo Spirit was well talked about by Halford in his ATR stable tour, so ill watch him, but Lippanzer seems heavily fancied.

I have bet Infection Point in 4.30 at 11/1. He has moved from Lyons>Cotter, which would be seen as a negative, but its the same owners so i presume it’s been planned. Combine this with Kieran Cotter being very good getting horses out early + winning. He’s also good with sprinters and this guy is dropping to a sprint trip after not fully convincing over trips.

Cotters last 3 runners were 121.

The horse does look marginally tricky though on occasion so i am not super confident.

Great to get the Irish stuff back, i’ve a couple of bets done for tomorrows racing also :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 3879

That Aidan O’Brien winning filly looks right out of the top drawer! Pedigree to die for.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16514

Twas impressive indeed.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3879

Well Infection Point ran well to get 4th, was behind a wall and met trouble. Wasn’t an easy race to find the gaps and the winner won nice- great training performance. I’ll be watching Infection Point next time. Ew money back.

Onto tomorrow.

Jessie Harrington + Foley were flying today. I fancy Celestial Object to outrun her odds tomorrow. I’ve taken 11s. She has some handy form, and a lovely pedigree. The mare she is out of liked better going, and JH has mentioned how she is excited for this ones first run on better ground. If that brings about a few pounds of improvement she’s right up there.

I have put Know It All up in my follow thread, and i like her, i think she’s the likeliest winner, but isn’t the price i’d want. Tango has some good runs as well and from the master, has to be feared but i’m not sure she’s at her best over 7f.
    Love Locket could improve for the ground, but at her price, i think her form is short of some of these.

I don’t think Peace Charter will stay the trip that well.

Basically i think she’ll go off a fair bit shorter, and has a good chance of running close.

The other i fancy is Ger Lyons horse in the listed event- Edward Hopper. He has some superb maiden form and is a very decent animal for one that hasn’t won yet ha! For me, Year Of The Tiger is short- yes he ran close in a G1 and that’s good formb, but it has some question marks with it and i think the remainder of his form doesn’t warrant the price he is. Ten Year Ticket won his maiden and is unexposed- he could be useful, but was close to a Ger Lyons horse and therefore, i’d hope GL has an idea of what he’s up against. The main thing that interests me here is the ownership, owned by his wife and one of his most loyal owners i think they’ll be looking to get an early win and possibly a quick sale to Hong Kong. They’ve done this before with the owners horses, win an early season contest and get him sold! It’s very winnable and at 8/1 he’s a cracking bet IMO.

:good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 3879

Well, those two went out like burst balloons! Both near halved in the markets to run no races- frustrating, but that’s the early season for you. For me thinking Peace Charter wouldn’t stay she ran a good race.

Today is every bit as tricky and i haven’t a bet- the fillies listed race could provide us with some very exciting horses for the season. :good: They are all in with shouts i think though, very wide open. McCreery’s which is the outsider has shaped very well even and could scare them! Just a watching day!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.