The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

My Will – Why is it favourite?

Home Forums Archive Topics Trends, Research And Notebooks My Will – Why is it favourite?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    bigpike89
    • Total Posts 13

Its never won a race right?

Its been 5th in a few good races, so what? Has it won them?

• Total Posts 1415

He’s won eight times.

He’s favourite on the back of his Gold Cup run which was a really good preparation for the National.

I don’t think he will win though to be honest.

Aristo
    • Total Posts 318

My Will has won a chase a while back, Like Ian I can’r see him winning. They cut him and people sat up and took notice. They wil have taken a small fortune pff mug punters who would back anything with his name on it

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 1176

Sos lads I knew he’d either NEVER Won (like a horse that was favourite at a meeting yesterday) or hadn’t won for 3 years.

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

He is 8lbs well-in according to the handicapper – that probably explains why.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33020

"Form" is not what position a horse finished in. It is what rating he runs to. Very few of the runners in tomorrows race would be capable of finishing 5th in the best Cheltenham Gold Cup since Arkle. Yet he gets weight from 10 of his rivals. If the handicapper could reassess My Will he’d get top weight.

A worthy favourite.

Strange to think Butlers Cabin is running off a 13lb higher mark than he’d race off in the Scottish National, yet is challenging for favourite.

Is the Aintree factor worth that much?

Mark

Value Is Everything
    yorkshirepudding
    • Total Posts 608

I dont see My Will winning, he has thrashed in the goldcup…

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

My Will is a b*llocks favourite. Bookies will gleefully take punters money on that one.

I cannot see him being there at the end with his weight, despite what the official handicrapper says.

Big Fella Thanks E/W for me.

Zip

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

He has a tendency to hit the odd fence and I don’t think he’ll finish the race.

Aristo
    • Total Posts 318

I said the same thing earlier in another thread I think he’s an accident waiting to happen where Aintree is concerned.

Who asked you Red Marauder :lol:

He could waken up to the fact these fences are not the same and pick his feet up. Hopefully for Ruby he will

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

Credit to My Will, he ran better than I thought he would.

Zip

Aristo
    • Total Posts 318

Ruby gave him a great ride. He really whacked the fence at the canal turn but Ruby never looked like coming off. In the end he’s run well but was still a silly price for such an open looking race.

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

That was a good sit by Ruby.

Zip

Participant
    • Total Posts 33020

Ruby gave him a great ride. He really whacked the fence at the canal turn but Ruby never looked like coming off. In the end he’s run well but was still a silly price for such an open looking race.

Despite jumping poorly, making at least three bad mistakes, My Will made a profit for his each way followers, so how was he a "silly price"? Had he jumped anywhere near as well as the winner, he’d have given Mon Mome plenty to do. My Will probably did not run to form yet still finished third.

The second, third and fourth were all very well fancied, so it was not that "open".

Mark

Value Is Everything
    Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

Oh, come on, I don’t think the fact My Will ran third made him a good price.

Surely, Mon Mome was a "good" price?

You can come up with specious reasoning as to what My Will

would have

done

if he hadn’t done this that and the other etc.

We may as well go through all the fallers and look at what they could have done.

Sure, he may have got 2nd at best, but the winner p*ssed up.

I wouldn’t want to back My Will next time, would you? He still hasn’t won in 3 years and is surely in the handicappers’ grip.

Zip

• Total Posts 4293

Gingertipster thought My Will was good value, because he had him priced up at 11/2 in his book. Simple really. No aftertiming involved.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33020

Actually my price to beat for My Will was 13/2. With 1.5% added to be an 11/2 (bookies type of price).

Mark

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.