The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

My Turn Now – Mann Stable

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks My Turn Now – Mann Stable

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4518

I am afraid I am talking through my pocket here but does anyone know if he returned with a problem? Backed from 7/1 to 9/2 he was basically beaten after a couple of hurdles – a shocking performance. Is there any problem with the stable’s runners in general – I know Moon Over Miami ran poorly last week.

thedarkknight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1299

Is there any problem with the stable’s runners in general -.

Yes – they are all trained by Charlie Mann :lol:

non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

To be fair, Moon Over Miami might not have been going all that well but was basically put out of the race by a bad mistake as things were getting serious.

Pretty much agree that the stable isn’t in great form just now though…

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4518

Is there any problem with the stable’s runners in general -.

Yes – they are all trained by Charlie Mann :lol:

I can see where you are coming from – if the trainer’s championship was decided on wearing ridiculously over-sized hats he would be a definite front runner. To be fair he did get five wins out of this horse last season.

Tony25
    • Total Posts 327

Stable are out of form if recent runners are anything to go by, plenty are being punted but they are not performing,i thought Moon over Miami was never going even before the mistake,still, i think he was flattered by debut win in any case!

I think Charlie does well with the talent he gets,maybe a resurgence is just around the corner,all the same a watching brief for now!

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

I must admit to getting sucked into backing this (My Turn Now) too on Saturday although the form of the stable did worry me. On RUK Steve Mellish said the horse looked dull and lifeless beforehand (imagine getting insight like that on C4) so his poor run wasn’t a total shock. There was fortunes for him on Betfair just before the off so someone came badly unstuck.
    I’d avoid his runners until they show some sign of life.

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Charlie Mann is to training horses what Mike Cattermole is to calling them.

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5407

if the trainer’s championship was decided on wearing ridiculously over-sized hats he would be a definite front runner.

That and a liking for lurid legwear – he cuts quite a dash in pink jeans

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4518

if the trainer’s championship was decided on wearing ridiculously over-sized hats he would be a definite front runner.

That and a liking for lurid legwear – he cuts quite a dash in pink jeans

Surely they are cords? The ‘fashion sense’ of NH trainers – wonderful!

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Charlie Mann is to training horses what Mike Cattermole is to calling them.

Why don’t you say what you mean :lol: Not that bad surely?

I always liked Charlie Mann as a trainer and his horses usually give you a run for your money….even if it’s only to the first fence :lol:

Obviously something isn’t quite right, probably one of these viruses in the yard. Apparently it is absolutely immaculate but unfortunately viruses can’t tell the difference.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4518

To be fair the fashion sense will never improve but the horses are running well at the moment. Moon Over Miami and Air Force One both look on course for Cheltenham where the novice events look wide open. Although he is struggling for a trip the novice that won today is also worth mentioning as he could be better than both of them.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Being a bit of a Charlie Man fan (Ok we can’t all be perfect) I nearly backed that MOM on Saturday as someone had spoken highly of it plus it was a topic of discussion here…….. but unfortunately bottled out of it and backed that 8/11 shot with the funny name in another race ……….Never saw the horse run to be honest ……is he a Cheltenham horse or is he shooting too high?

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4518

Being a bit of a Charlie Man fan (Ok we can’t all be perfect) I nearly backed that MOM on Saturday as someone had spoken highly of it plus it was a topic of discussion here…….. but unfortunately bottled out of it and backed that 8/11 shot with the funny name in another race ……….Never saw the horse run to be honest ……is he a Cheltenham horse or is he shooting too high?

It is very difficult to rule out anything at the moment, particularly if they have course form. In a very good year I wouldn’t expect Moon Over Miami or for that matter Joe Lively to win but this is far from a good year. Of the two Mann horses I would prefer Air Force One. He has more to prove but probably has more class.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4518

Impressed enough to have my first ante-post bet today. Jumps really well and can only improve for better ground.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

I was impressed with Air Force One today- he broke O’Maley’s spirit completely and galloped on well. The Reynoldstown looks the natural target now. Regarding the Sun Alliance, I just wonder as an ex-Flat animal if he’ll have the stamina: I’d like a small bet that he’ll be best up to 3m on a flat track like Kempton but might struggle to get up the hill in a Sun Alliance.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.