The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

My notebook.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Zamorston
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1139

Gonna use this thread for horses that have already caught my eye and which I think will win next time out (or soon after) and to add ones from now on which I think will be winning shortly.

I’ll work it out on a striaght £10 win basis until the horse wins, when (and if) it has won it will be deleted.

So far in my notebook to back next time out are the following horses along with their trainers..

Nice Time – M. Tompkins

Zouk – W. Swinburn

Caerlaverock – G A Swinbank

Sunshine Always – W.Haggas

Acquisition – H. Cecil

Zamorston
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1139

First one put to the test tomorrow night…

20.20 – Haydock –

Sunshine Always

Lost -£10[/color:3tsiojjm]

Zamorston
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1139

Not the best of starts, but two of the others run today…

15.25 – York –

Caerlaverock

20.35 – Goodwood –

Zouk

Zamorston
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1139

Two more negative results unfortunately, but not giving in that easy and will soldier on..

-£30[/color:17z4nc0q]

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6217

Think long term, not what happened to the last selection. If your method is sound you will come out in front in the end.

Rob

Zamorston
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1139

Yeah cheers for that Rob.

Nice Time

came second by a short head in the 4.05 at Doncaster at 16/1, but sticking to what I originally said I was going to in this thread, it’s another loss.

-£40[/color:2nbldn7c]

Another horse I’m adding too, is…

Last Three Minutes

– E Dunlop

Zamorston
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1139

8.40 – Leicester –

Acquisition

One of the most eye catching runners I’ve seen for a long time on debut, finishing close up behind three more experienced and more fancied rivals. Be very surprised not to see this one win tonight.

Zamorston
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1139

Well, at last the duck is broken, winners, winners and more winners from here on in. Not the greatest price in the world, but it was well backed and any winner is a good winner.

Thought the horse ran even greener than first time out and is clearly capable of going onto better things and will no doubt win better races. As I stated at the start of this thread though that’s it now for that horse.

-£34.29[/color:21a75ue4]

Zamorston
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1139

Sunshine Always

ran again yesterday and was unfortunately just run out of it at the death, will be winning again soon though I’m sure.

-£44.29[/color:38js0zma]

Zamorston
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1139

Also, another one I meant to add last time it ran was…

Something Perfect

– H. Cecil

Runs today in the 3.25 at Windsor, happy that’ it’s stepped up in trip a couple of furlongs today, as it looked to be crying out for further last time.

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

I’m not sure about continually betting a horse that is on the list. Is three chances enough?

When you have a horse that loses on its first chance, you can look on the bright side in that its price will be bigger next time.

I like the idea of betting impressive winners – at some stage, given the right circumstances, they ought to be able to replicate it.

Zamorston
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1139

Something Perfect

another 2nd unfortunately.

-£54.29[/color:28b84aqm]

Yes Gerald, have been thinking about that myself and may adopt that sort of strategy somewhere along the line.

My initial idea came from the fact that it seems time after time a horse catches my eye to the extent that I lump on next time it runs, on some occasions they do win, and I’d say I’ve done pretty well out of it to be fair (just wish I had far more discipline).

Another regular occurence though, is that the horse will get beat the next time, then I will forget about the horse or miss it next time and it will go in at a decent price. That was my thinking, so there may be room for change further down the line.

Zamorston
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1139

5.30 – Pontefract –

Zouk

Zamorston
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1139

Just to get back on track… two more defeats unfortunately.

Zouk

was very disappointing the other day first time up in a handicap, fancied a lot better run than that but was wary of the poor recent form of the Swinburn stable, so will stick with it.

Last Three Minutes

was also beaten the other day. I’m not usually one to bag jockey’s but thought Richard Hills gave it an absolute stinker of a ride finding all sorts of trouble and giving the horse no chance. Clearly a difficult horse that needs a bit of luck and things to fall it’s way, but definitely sticking with this one.

2 runners tomorrow and quite strangely they run in the same race, so just to move the goalpoasts slightly, the stake will be £5 e/w on them both.

4.55 – Newmarket –

Nice Time

&

Caerlaverock

-£74.29[/color:2qm5uor7]

Zamorston
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1139

Nice Time

unplaced but still one to stick with IMO, the other a convenient non-runner for the bookies.

-£84.29[/color:12g8qql7]

Zamorston
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1139

3.05 – Newmarket –

Sunshine Always

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.