The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

My kinda horse!

Home Forums Horse Racing My kinda horse!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

PURPLE MOON

Apparently he doesn’t like hurdles or soft ground, that has to be my kinda horse :wink:

and even though I backed Honolulu at 12/1, I don’t mind a horse with a mind like his to beat me.

Well done Purple Moon! :D

rainbow-promises
    • Total Posts 126

yeah great performance from purple moon! although it makes me wonder why jamie spencer is always on luca cumani’s top horses! nicky mackay seems to be 2nd best! :?
    and yes i know jamie spencer in most people’s eyes is a better jockey but you would think he would be given a chance eh

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Nicky Mackay has been given his chance, like when he rode Bauer at Ponte and made such a mess of it that he failed to win the race he needed to to get a penalty to run in the Ebor.

rainbow-promises
    • Total Posts 126

nicky is my favourite! he’s strong in a finish and stylish but i suppose everybody has their opinions.
    getting worried for him though about luca putting jamie spencer on all the decent ones :(

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

nicky is my favourite! he’s strong in a finish and stylish but i suppose everybody has their opinions.
    getting worried for him though about luca putting jamie spencer on all the decent ones :(

Spencer was different class today – but there are days like today for him, and there are days like a day he had about a week ago when he rode 4 or 5 hot fav’s, including a long odds on shot, and give the horses the worst rides I have ever seen.

That’s Spencer for you though, sometimes brilliant, sometimes very ordinary – I just feel his cockeyness will catch him out someday. And if you want to look further into what I have just said, just ask yourself how many times did Spencer ride a front runner for AOB?

Mike

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5123

Spencer was different class today

Well, silly me, there I was thinking it was Purple Moon who was different class.

Murtagh was also different class in the 3.10, I’m sure you’d agree

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Spencer was fantastic on Sir Gerry. Greater credit though goes to Oscar Urbina who held him up off a slow pace at Newmarket last time, tactics which meant we got to back him at 9/2 yesterday instead of 7/4.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.