The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Musselburgh – January 1st

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Musselburgh – January 1st

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    robnorthrobnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4563

Domestic commitments meant that I’m unable to make it to Musselburgh for a decent card featuring two well endowed handicaps.

I can’t find a potentially profitable line on this moderate 2m 4f handicap hurdles. Leith Walk is wellcapable of beating these, but needs things to fall for her. Momkinzain is plenty good enough in terms of raw ability, but needs to get his hurdling act together stepped up in trip. Others are capable, but there are huge question marks against everything.

Class 5 handicap chases are not everyone’s cup of tea, but I find ths one an intriguing contest. SADDLE PACK has the right trip this time, having finished best of all when well backed over two miles at Newcastle. I think he’s potentially better than this class over this trip.
    Hurricane Jack dominated to win here. He’ll ont find it so easy on this occasion as Raining Horse is liable to take him on. The latter’s career has been blighted by poor jumping, though that hasn’t put backers off on occasions.
    Definite appeal won a couple of Members’ points and wasn’t totally disgraced on softer ground than this at Catterick. Possibly not quite as good as Saddle Pack.
    Lindseyfield Lodge could beat this if inclined, but past experience suggests he’s not inclined to it all in very often.

This novice chase looks a match between BOURNE and Eagle rock. The former won at Catterick, the form having a very solid look following runner-up Into Wain’s comfortable Kelso victory on Thursday.

SOPRANO found Hurricane Jack dominating him over fences ronud here. His form looks a bit better than most and has a good chance here. Vallani runs well at Musselburgh and is normally keeping on at the end, so might make up the forecast.

A handicap hurdle with over £19,000 available to the winner. Mussleburgh are not frightened to put up decent prizes and have been rewarded with a competitive event.
    HIGGY’S BOY looks a decent recruit for Sandy Thomson who has significantly upped the quality of his string this season. He’s capable at this level and his £7,000 purchase price could prove a bargain in time. Wetherby run suggests one running into form.

Another cracking contest with a few in-form performers. Quicuyo and Quito Du Tresor justify a prominent position in the market, but looking beyond them I’d go for PREMIER SAGAS. Not disgraced in decent company on his two starts this season, this trip round here looks right up his street.

I’ll miss the chance to see the bumper horses in the paddock which is a pity. The form of MILL BAY’s race here looks sound enough as the winner Rendl Beach looked very impressive and the second looked well ready for the run.

Rob

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.