The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Muppet (s) of the year!?

Home Forums Archive Topics Muppet (s) of the year!?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Mine would be the Ascot authorities for not appreciating that paying customers might just actually like have a view of what they have paid to see..

Understandably it is a novel concept perhaps, but one they should have been able to grasp….

(more seriously it demonstrated the obsession so much sport has now with the drunken skiving chinless corporate box wonders… :angry: )

Andrew HughesAndrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

Elmo. It would be Kermit, but he hasn’t worked in months

evens
    • Total Posts 11

<br>    gotta be  channel 4 for employing the very funny (not) <br>    tommo. HO HO HO!!!

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

I’ll put up BBC horseracing coverage.

Repeatedly fail to show the horses in the paddock. Prior to The Ladbroke it consisted of tedious interview after tedious interview with connections instead of showing the real stars of the show. Obviously far too boring watching horses walk round in a circle. Notice the "paddock judges" Pitman & Scu have been cast aside.

Desperate camera angles, the one in the closing stages of Mighty Man’s race beggared belief.<br>The most phoney sound effects imaginable, for who’s <br>benefit are they?

That’s not to mention the standard of presenters, which is dire. J A McGrath is appalling as the main commentator.

Obviously the guy in charge of their coverage is clueless.<br>

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I’ll nominate Andrew Thornton. By all accounts he’s a real good guy and Timmy Murphy in his book cannot speak highly enough of him. But as a rider his days are finished and he is a danger to the horses he rides. In fact I’m tempted to nominate Robert Alner instead for employing him and a lad that is no better at all in Robert Walford.

Smithy
    • Total Posts 720

For the second year running I would like to nominate Ms Caron Stokell. Her Group horse Pawan has now managed to win two races in two years despite having the ability to win a top-class sprint if in the hands of a) a trainer who could place the horse and b) a rider who is more help than a sack of Maris Pipers.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Alan Ridley – a hold-up type who came with a strong last furlong to beat what looked like the unassailable front-runners on the line.

Guys, OK

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3087

<br>I’d nominate the British so-called justice system.

Whatever you think about the rights and wrongs of the case involving Fallon and others, and whilst it might be a big deal to our minority interest, really it’s just a petty fraud. I find it difficult to have much faith in a system that takes 18 months plus to complete an investigation and then expects the defendants to wait another 18 months for a trial in such a minor matter.

Not to mention the evidence produced on this forum that the police only started looking for ‘victims’ of this fraud after they had already charged people.

AP

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Gary Carter, Shaun Keighley, Dean Williams, Brian Reilly and their associates plus other figures as yet unconvicted for selling their souls and dragging racing through the gutter

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

Quote: from Aranalde on 11:41 am on Dec. 18, 2006[br]Elmo. It would be Kermit, but he hasn’t worked in months<br>

Oi! Lay off the frog!

:biggrin:

betlargebetlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2663

The Sportsman.

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Quote: from apracing on 12:45 pm on Dec. 18, 2006[br]

Whatever you think about the rights and wrongs of the case involving Fallon and others, and whilst it might be a big deal to our minority interest, really it’s just a petty fraud. I find it difficult to have much faith in a system that takes 18 months plus to complete an investigation and then expects the defendants to wait another 18 months for a trial in such a minor matter.

<br>AP<br>

<br>apracing, if you consider race-fixing to defraud punters a minor matter, I’d like to know what you consider a major matter?

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3087

Quote: from yeats on 3:27 pm on Dec. 18, 2006

apracing, if you consider race-fixing to defraud punters a minor matter, I’d like to know what you consider a major matter?

Yeats,

Terrorism, murder, rape, kidnapping, armed robbery ?

AP<br>

Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

Stopping a horse on a racetrack will result in you getting charged by the police; stopping a horse by ensuring they are far from race fit, and planning a coup for another day is regarded as a great training performance….

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Quote: from apracing on 4:03 pm on Dec. 18, 2006[

Terrorism, murder, rape, kidnapping, armed robbery ?

AP

I’ll let you off then ap, I thought we were discussing horse racing on here :o

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.