The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ms PaddyPower and the Forty Shades of Green.

Home Forums Lounge Ms PaddyPower and the Forty Shades of Green.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

Funny how a little daft chat can brighten your day. Had a good laugh on the phone to Paddypower, recently. I asked the girl who answered my call if there was any money in my account – as I’d put a winning bet on, but couldn’t remember which bookie it as with.

She said, "No. There isn’t….. It would almost have been better if you’d put your money on a losing bet, wouldn’t it?"

"Well, yes", I replied, "I expect it would. But that seems a very Irish way of looking at it, doesn’t it?" She laughed and said, "Yes. I suppose so…"

Signing off, I said to her, "Anyway, how are Forty Shades of Green these days?" "Grand!" she replied, scarcely missing a beat. "Grand!" What a personality!

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

LOL !!

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

How about this for a signature line I came across today, Dave?

"If you walk a mile in another man’s shoes…… he’ll be a mile away, and you’ll have his shoes."

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8992

You’re very cheerful Grimes. Good on ye.

Did you know that the ‘Forty Shades of Green’ wasn’t written by an Irishman but by the legendary Johnny Cash himself.

wit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2165

you live and learn – i’d only ever heard that phrase here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qovk67yMiFI

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

Funny enough, Cormack, I just learnt it this evening on YouTube!

That’s true enough about my being cheerful most of the time. As GBS once said, "Show me the happy man and I’ll show you a fool!"

Re the 40 Shades, the youngsters can keep their strange devices for downloading today’s pop music – I’m building a fabulous library of fifties and sixties vinyl masterpieces from YouTube.

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

Thanks for that, happy. Go lucky!

When I wrote that about YouTube, above, wit, I hadn’t spotted your reference to YouTube!

On the subject of humour, I found this piece in the Guardian, which I found hilarious. I don’t know what it is about the Guardian that seems to attract posters with the minds of unusually callow juveniles and the spirits of cranky old curmudgeons, but it must be very depressing for the journalists on its staff, at times. Anyway, here it is:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree … mentpage=1

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.