The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Most overrated Premiership player

Home Forums General Sports Most overrated Premiership player

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

On the Henry thread we’re discussing the best Premiership player but I wondered who people thought was the most overrated player to grace the top league since it’s inception.

Lampard? Reyes? What about perennial underachievers such as Alan Smith, Boksic and Diouf.

Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

Anelka. Paul Robinson. Joey Barton

insomniac
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

An interesting thread; have to say that Alan Smith will take some beating. He hasn’t really shone since his Leeds Utd days and yet is a current England international!<br>Can’t knock Lampard – surely his seasonal goals tally makes him an asset.<br>West Ham’s Paul Konchesky always seemed to me to be somewhat below Premier standard (and yet Sven capped him!).<br>Ashley Cole – he’d be hard pushed to get in Chester City’s side – much prefer Wayne Bridge.<br>I just hope Theo Walcott doesn’t end up on this list in a years’ time.  <br>However, as the thread is for "most overrated", I’ll plump for:-  ASHLEY COLE.

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

I’m going for a possibly controversial choice in Fabregas. Apart from his vision and short passing skills (although I’d imagine the later to be a prerequisite for Premiership football!) the lad doesn’t seem to have too much in his locker, but is seen as the best thing since sliced bread by many.

EDIT: I’m not saying he’s a bad player, I just think he is a useful player talked up to be a near deity.

(Edited by Friggo at 12:12 am on June 25, 2007)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.