The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

More Lashes/Micky Fenton

Home Forums Horse Racing More Lashes/Micky Fenton

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    geneosull
    • Total Posts 21

4.20 York Saturday 11th. Please look at the ride Micky Fenton gave this horse (More Lashes, RUK) and post your opinion. I wonder if the stewards were moved to enquire?

ReasonoverFaith
    • Total Posts 346

A very interesting observation from Mellish:

‘A token shaking of the reins from Fenton.’

geneosull
    • Total Posts 21

The horse was strutting along on the bridle and it appeared the jockey had no intention of asking it to improve its position. If the stewards do not require an explanation of this ride, then the non trier rule can be removed from racing altogether.And yes, I noted the the somewhat odd looking flailing of an arm by the jockey,not quite in keeping with the motionless other 99% of the ride.

geneosull
    • Total Posts 21

More lashes was reported to have ‘run flat’. No ‘..stewards enquired as to the running of….’. I can only hope every horse I bet on is running as flat as this horse with a furlong to go. If this explanation is adequate then Fallon missed a trick by not using it after he got beat, when 10L clear a furlong out. I suppose at least he’s had his 3rd race and can now get a handicap mark, not that i’m linking the two issues you understand, and recoup some of the $125000 he cost.

yorkshirepudding
    • Total Posts 608

I am thinking the stewards should have told the connections where too go, strike the run off, only allow the horse too run in a seller/claimer or a maiden., tell tem too make a blasted effort or they wont be given a handicap mark and the animal will be baned from running on the flat.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.