The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

MONTAGNE D’OR

Home Forums Horse Racing MONTAGNE D’OR

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    aidanldrebin
    • Total Posts 171

Looked impressive winner of the 2.30 at Catterick. Has a nice pedigree and for one of Johnstons to win first time out usually means a good horse. OK so the form may well turn out to be moderate but, I think we may be seeing him at a much higher level. Anyone else see the race?

heffo
    • Total Posts 319

Won well enough despite running fairly green. Form probably not up to much though.

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

It wasn’t surprising to see a short-priced Alan Swinbank favourite beaten, but I don’t think the runner-up is that bad to be honest.

I haven’t seen the race as yet, so can’t comment on the visual prowess of the performance, but I’d suspect Montagne D’Or is decent enough.

yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2927

If you owned it you’d have to be "over the moon" what an absolute bargain Johnston looks to have picked out, a Montjeu for only 23 grand :shock:

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Must be something seriously wrong with it conformation wise to go that cheaply Yeats.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Looked totally out of his depth yesterday and didn’t seem to be moving that well during the race.

yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2927

Reportedly coltish and sweating badly before the race, missed the break then proceeded to pull too hard when not given the best ride on the outside of the field. Possible this came too soon after Catterick.

aidanldrebin
    • Total Posts 171

I agree with Yeats. He was sweating up beforehand and looked on his toes. I would glady give him another chance and the great thing is he will make an even better three-year-old.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.