The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Monsieur Cadou & Beamazed

Home Forums Memorials Monsieur Cadou & Beamazed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Prong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 668

Both fatally injured at Haydock today

Jane of Herts
    Participant
    • Total Posts 110

Just seen the replay on RUK, they both broke a leg, just a couple of fences apart – the former as a result of hitting a fence, the latter on the flat – awful to see. Poor horses. RIP.

Bonanzaboy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 473

I know Beamazed – Oliver – and I’m absolutely devastated to come in and find out this way. He hadn’t run for ages due to injury.

Thunderbolt
    • Total Posts 2

This was so sad – and particularly so when both horses broke down in a race in memory of that fine chaser, The Last Fling. Condolences to all connections.

RubyLight
    • Total Posts 320

At least you could hide a horse behind the screens (Monsieur Cadeau).
    Too bad it didn’t happen properly and the horse was still in the picture when the runners went past him. I also don’t understand why the horse was moved from the far rail to the middle of the track. Well, the racegoers in the stand got a pretty good view of this unfortunate incident.
    Beamazed was a very poor jumper of fences (just watch his form). I still don’t know why he had his reapperance run over 3m4f at this track with those tough fences to jump. But maybe the trainer and the owners knew more.
    RIP to both of them and it is very annoying to see that they were still alive after another circuit was completed.

Bonanzaboy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 473

Beamazed had fallen once and unseated once in 14 runs as far as I’m aware. I could be wrong on that of course. I don’t know how his trainer felt about him, but otherwise he was a much loved horse, full of life and character and beautiful.

RubyLight
    • Total Posts 320

Not really a natural jumper.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

Tough fences to jump?

These are Haydock’s weak portable fences we are talking about. Horses often go right through them and do more damage to the fences than anything else.

It was just a very very unfortunate double tragedy. Commiserations and sympathies to all connections. :(

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.