The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

money was down @ 66/1

Home Forums Horse Racing money was down @ 66/1

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

I dont know how someone in Ireland knows but there is someone in Eire that seems to know all about the chances of the Jenny Candlish runners and this is a stable that has overall modest results.<br>I think Mounty may get the same info as me from this guy (apologies if you dont Andrew ) but it seems when the money is down the gambles dont go far wrong (but they dont normally win)<br>The last 2 have been Casalini 3rd 25/1 and Glen Omen yesterday returned 66/1 3rd but was trading odds on betfair until making a mistake in the latter parts of the race. The message yesterday from my freind in Eire was to back this Glen Omen win and place and  was backed heavily yesterday to get a win/place in Ireland.<br>She has a runner today at Southwell but so far no e mails.<br>She had another horse last year that was heavily gambled on to get a place and duly collected at 12/1<br>The gambles seem to be when Alan O’Keefe is booked apart from that unless you know we are all guessing.<br>

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Without the email your simply pin sticking ?

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

Dave,<br>yes of course. <br>There has also been someone on the betfair forum that seems to tip hers up when the money is down.<br>

dandan
    • Total Posts 199

It won at 9/1.

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

;)

betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2676

Just out of interest, had no previous knowledge of her but she sent out three outsiders Top Jaro, North Walk and Columbus at Warwick on Thursday and all three were immaculately turned out & looked a picture.

Ran as their form suggested though.

Mike

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Quote: from betlarge on 8:47 am on Jan. 28, 2007[br]Just out of interest, had no previous knowledge of her <br>

<br>Arab horse trainer of no little repute before turning to Rules full-time, if memory serves. Her NH career started well enough thanks to the exploits of Black Bullet (including taking a BBC televised event at Haydock), but it’s been just a tad quiet since, notwithstanding these recent gains at big prices.

Jeremy<br>(graysonscolumn)<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

InvisibleLayer
    • Total Posts 101

Casalini had ran with promise before now and did look a decent e/w bet in a poor race on Sat, thought that Downing Street of hers could do ok for her once upon a time,

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

I dont know much about her past but she did use to train Arab horses. <br>However its quite clear that its a gambling yard with owners that seem to have decent sums on at times most win/place.<br>Last year they fancied a horse they train Koln Stars to be placed at a big price the message to me was never to use betfair on the win or place market with any  of her horses as they do like to ensure the price stands up. On this occasion someone (not me) took a massive price on betfair and attempted to get a lot of money on but the bet was noted and the price collapsed. It was decided the ground was unsuitable and it did not run.

Last week I staked enough on Glen Omen to win me a new Mazda sportscar (just £200 ew) by splitting the cash bet around 8 shops just worked out a pony ew a shop.;) despite trading 1.70 (7/10 on) at one stage it finished 3rd.<br>(still did ok though)<br>Glen Omen is incidentally is due to run this week (31 Jan) at Newcastle. I will message anybody re what they think the chance are thats the best I can do!

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

The message last night (which I passed on via the messenger facility on here this morning) was ‘Jenny said the horse  is well and will go on the ground jockey knows the horse and some of the owners will be at the track a small win bet is advised. <br>Easy to get over 20/1 in running for the majority of the race :cheesy: in the end a 7/1 winner!

dandan
    • Total Posts 199

Well done Seagull! Check your pm’s.

Mounty
    • Total Posts 455

I was at Leicester today – the owner was chunking on at 15-2 yet the lunatics in cyberspace still wanted to lay 9-1! Got ‘nipped’ by one on-course bookie as he couldn’t afford to pay him out. Happy Days!

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

Mounty,<br>Told that her husband had the most on! Check your message box here this evening.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.