The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

mister baileys

Home Forums Memorials mister baileys

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1321

1994 (2000 guineas winner) died 4th september after long battle against grass sickness

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8373

Has any progress been made with trying to find a way of treating grass sickness? I thought Sheik Mo funded lots of research into it after Dubai Millenium died. A horrible thing for a horse to get; poor Mister Baileys; r.i.p.

smallbutmighty
    Participant
    • Total Posts 64

Has any progress been made with trying to find a way of treating grass sickness? I thought Sheik Mo funded lots of research into it after Dubai Millenium died. A horrible thing for a horse to get; poor Mister Baileys; r.i.p.

But Mister Baileys contracted grass sickness (and recovered to some degree – the majority don’t survive at all) YEARS ago didn’t he? Like 8 or more years ago?? :shock: Or is my memory unreliable :? Or was it long term ill efffects that led to his death?

Arabesque
    • Total Posts 79

Doesn’t it cause long term damage in the digestive system/gut? Could be something like paralysis of muscles.. all I know is that there is a horse that recovered from grass sickness at a yard I frequent. He passes food through his system much slower than other horses and also eats very slowly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.