The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Missed That

Home Forums Memorials Missed That

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Arabesque
    • Total Posts 79

Missed that died in an accident in training. Fractured pelvis believed to have severed an artery. <br>RIP

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Broke his pelvis.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

That’s a pity. Despite his suspect jumping, I thought he could have developed into a leading player this year at 3m+.

Perpetual
    Participant
    • Total Posts 432

A real shame :(

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

Apparently the fracture was suspected to have severed an artery.  This is really sad news.  Missed That could have been up there with the best of them :)

Mounty
    • Total Posts 455

Gutted for all concerned. Thought he could have won the Gold Cup this season.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Is that the same injury Fondmort suffered?

PAULCS
    • Total Posts 529

<br>Therealbandit also sadly succumbed to the same thing last week. I know he never lived up to his early potential but still, I was surprised that it wasn’t more widely reported – no mention during last week’s racing coverage or on Ceefax/Teletext….

Such a shame about Missed That as he was such a beautiful looking horse and after watching his chase debut, you thought that he’d never win a race over fences in his life so it was then great to see him learn from that and win a couple of ‘big ones.’

aphardy
    • Total Posts 190

Not wishing to sound too pedantic, but Therealbandit’s exploits and demise were reported on BBC Ceefax and Alistair Down said some nice things about him on Channel 4’s Saturday coverage.

Always sad to lose horses – all the times I would love to be an owner, are always put into context by this sort of thing.

aphardy
    • Total Posts 190

Not wishing to sound too pedantic, but Therealbandit’s exploits and demise were reported on BBC Ceefax and Alistair Down said some nice things about him on Channel 4’s Saturday coverage.

Always sad to lose horses – all the times I would love to be an owner, are always put into context by this sort of thing.

PAULCS
    • Total Posts 529

<br>Sorry Ap, didn’t realise that anything was mentioned as I was at Haydock and only recorded part of C4’s coverage to include the Peterborough Chase.<br>

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.