The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Meydan Thursdays

Viewing 9 posts - 3,333 through 3,341 (of 3,341 total)
  • Author
    John Gooch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 832

Good Morning to all of you.

Jac For what it is worth here are my scores for the Godolphin Competition
    Points 3870 Rank 1010 still have 2 swaps left but no chance of making up
    the difference between the main body of entries and myself.

Many Thanks :good: :bye:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16957

Hello John
    Many thanks for your updated scores and I can understand your loss of interest in the competition with the lack of Bonus points. I’m also going to be in real trouble without them having 0 swaps remaining as I messed up one of my swaps and used up my final one :wacko: I can’t believe I did it but at least I had Rebel Romance and Desert Flower who kept me afloat and Notable Speech is still to run next week..I hope.

Very well done with your TRF Tote 10 to Follow for the flat scores where you are leading the pack :yahoo: Brilliant play John.

Here is the updated scoreboard and thank you. . :rose:

TRF Godolphin Fantasy League
    Scores as at 14th October 2024
    10400 Points – Catherine (Tonge) – 152nd

9520 Points – Andre (Euroalien) – 238th
    8790 Points – Nathan Hughes – 287th
    8760 Points – Graham (BigG) – 288th
    8060 Points – Jac (Triptych)– 360th
    3870 Points – John Gooch – 1010th

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 758

Almost that time of year again Jac and hopefully can pinpoint a few horses worth a wager over there in the sunshine of Meydan.Best wishes to you and your family hope all is well and looking forward to posting here soon.
    good luck to all

Participant
    • Total Posts 2199

Hello All, Just catching up. I hope everyone is doing well.

Sam that poem really is very moving and touching. Thanks for sharing it. I can’t even begin to imagine the pain of losing a child. Graham how tragic for your sister and brother-in-law – there are no words…..

I was just reading about the Cesarewitch controversy – what a shambles. What were the stewards doing – aren’t they supposed to watch for things like this?

No luck with my comp selections again this week. I need to start studying & making a short list for the NH TTF comp. The start is just around the corner!

Take Care Everyone

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Maybe we need VAR in racing trip to get it done on the day rather waiting days for it

Participant
    • Total Posts 16526

It’s good to be on the forum again and thank you for the very kind comments about the poetry.
    It’s time to go racing and the 2000 at Newcastle is interesting. One unexposed runner which appeals
    Is
    MASTERPAINTER
    Win
    Career low mark and only win a class four at thirsk off 65….
    Jockey claims half stone and well bred horse looks to hold half a chance here…,

Participant
    • Total Posts 16957

Thanks Blackcountry Kid…it seems that the flat season has just flown by and here we are at Champions Day and on the verge of the NH season kicking off and Meydan racing in Dubai starting up again.. We have still to get to the Finally in America at the end of the month and not sure how many Godolphin horses will turn out for the Breeders Cup Meeting.
    Best of luck to you BCK and look forward to you joining us again..Jac :rose:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16957

Graham I can’t put into words how I felt after reading your response to Sam’s beautiful poem. Nobody should have to go through the loss of a child let alone two children and then a still born child 😢 I just wanted to thank you for sharing that story Graham it must have been extremely difficult for you to relive those experiences as an uncle to those children.
    Every child is a gift no matter how long they are with us our lives are better for them having been there with us. Take care..Jac ✨️🌟x

Participant
    • Total Posts 16957

Good luck in the competitions this week. :good:
    It’s the final week of Select 3 Horses flat competition and we will all be back to zero next Saturday
    when I take over the job of scoring up the comp until Grand National Day 2025.
    Going for some big prices tomorrow and really hoping that See The Fire (took 66/1) will have
    more luck in running and come back to form in the 3.55. She’s up against it but I still believe in
    her ability. :rose:

Andre…have you seen that Raymo is doing a Champions Day Competiiton. I only caught it late on tonight.
    Get your horses on early and best of luck. Thanks Raymo for running this for us.
    :heart: Jac

Viewing 9 posts - 3,333 through 3,341 (of 3,341 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.