The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Meydan Thursdays

Viewing 17 posts - 3,282 through 3,298 (of 3,341 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 16958

Two non runners today Graham, the heavens opened just before the first and out came Naval Command and then the going changed to Good/soft…so Where’s Freddy came out too :wacko: but keep an eye out for his future apprarances. :yes:

Nothing lost and be back later with a couple for tomorrow. :good:

Well done with Al Nayirr Nick :yahoo:
    Tricky old day, hope it improves tomorrow going forward to Cambridgeshire on Saturday. :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 16958

Just one who won’t mind the ground tomorrow…

Newmarket 4.45
    :good: EPIC POET- 5/2 – WIN :good:

Now have a Trixie to cheer home tomorrow at HQ. ..

1.50 – Spiritual
    2.25 – Time Lock
    4.45 – Epic Poet

Best of luck.. :good:
    Jac
    :bye:

Participant
    • Total Posts 13247

I’ll stick in a handful for tomorrow

1.50 Newmarket Spiritual 11/4 Bet365

She’s only won 2 of her 7 races, one was on GS the other on SFT.
    she should relish the conditions

14.25 Sinology 33/1 E/W Bet365

She ran ok on heavy ground and won on GS. Mostly pn 10f and although she
    finished last of 6 last time out at Longchamp she was unruly in the stalls
    and threw the rider. She hit the front and held on until she faded with 2
    eo go, which is understandable considering her antics at the start of the race.

1500 Duty First 7/1 William Hill

Still looked a bit green but ran a good race in 2nd on SFT ground in a Group 3
    at Goodwood. Archie Watson has a good record with 2yr olds. I think this could
    be he day

15.35 Task Force 11/2 Paddy Power.

The ground is a question mark but if he takes to it but he ran not a bad race in
    the 2000 Guineas and has run respectably in several Group races. If he takes to
    the ground, and his action doesn’t suggest otherwise, he should go well.

I’ve got another couple but I’ll see how these ones get on first.

Good luck everyone :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16526

Lovely to see your enthusiasm running strong Graham.
    I couldn’t tell one end of a horse from t’other now.
    The last race I saw of note was the Cheltenham Gold Cup.
    I’ll return to the books before too long.
    I’ve just got lots of good distractions right now. :good:
    Not least of these distractions a show tonight with two poets reading but there are two stars tonight Ash Carr an acoustic guitarist who plays rock and strong Dylanesque Ballads, a recording contract seems just around the corner.
    Then there is a display of vintage dresses covering four decades they’ll be modelled by just one person Carole Anne a homeless woman. I met her two weeks ago and she had a spark ⚡️ and I knew there lay something special in her words and way.
    She’s camped on the edge of a wood by the allotments in all weathers with her dog Luna. Yesterday I took her to Sally B’s vintage clothes shop to try out some old dresses and earlier we’d gone to Lottys sandwich shop and cafe, then I’d left her to herself for an hour at my humble lodgings to shower and use the facilities. The lippy and nail varnish came out and she had obviously modelled before. It was simply brilliant to see and there was no need for anyone else to audition as she was the one ☝️ to wear all the clothes.
    I’m going to read the perfect Rose 🌹 towards the end of the night. But it’s all about Carole Anne and fingers crossed she’ll have a good night along with the excellent Ash and the much travelled poet Paul Charlton who is reading a special poem about Hiroshima
    Oh, and it’s my birthday too and I’m seeing my daughter this morning for coffee. …..
    I’ve also had a card land on my doorstep from far away from a very special friend…. I couldn’t ask for better today having opened the card… :good:
    Good luck with all your horses 🐎 I doubt I’ll find one for you today as I’ve got to concentrate on the show and getting bums on seats and reading and rehearsing all my lines.( but you never know. It is my birthday!)

Participant
    • Total Posts 16958

Happy Birthday 🎂 🥳 🎉 🎈 Sam.. :yahoo:
    Hope the show went well. :good:

Just copying a few of my Newmarket horses over as off to bed now, have to be up early to pick my friend Maggie up for the races… :yahoo:

1.15 – Ghost Run
    Each Way – Santa Savanna

1.50 – PUPPET MASTER **NAP**

2 25 – Lake Victoria

3.00 – Whistlejacket

3 40 – Dutch Decoy
    Theoryofeverything
    Belmacara
    Liberty Lane

4.15 – Wild Angel :heart:

4.45 – Mission To Moon
    Noodle Mission EW
    (Rev.Forecast)

Really difficult Cambridgeshire this year as horses who go well on soft mainlyv all drawn low but hey they don’t know that 😅🤣 so taking a chance.

It’s a lovely card tomorrow with some top horses..look out for PUPPET MASTER in the 1.50 he looks a very smart prospect. :good:

Good luck all and bash those bookies…Jac :heart: x

Participant
    • Total Posts 16526

Went beautifully thanks Jac. Not a great crowd but an appreciative audience with all four artistes coming across well.
    An enjoyable day overall and obviously a special on a birthday spent mostly doing things my own way.
    Relaxing now down at Felixstowe ferry with a pint of the black stuff!! Happy days!
    I’ve a bet for tomorrow’s premiership match between the Tractor boys and Aston Villa will post that in this sporting life as I slowly rejuvenate some of my old threads….
    Hopefully you’ve all had a good day’s racing and it’s good to see the phrase “ bookie Bashing still extent in your vocabulary!!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 13247

Happy birthday Sam, I knew you were going to meet Poppy for a birthday lunch, I’m sure that must have been great. Last night sounds like it would have been a terrific night and it’s great that you gave a chance for the homeless lady to get involved. It will no doubt boost her self confidence. That’s such a good move 👏. Take your time if you are thinking about the horses, they can kick you in the teeth as often as not.
    Things weren’t looking to good for me today but my 1st reserve for Neil’s competition, Andaleep, came to my rescue. He went off at 66s but I took him earlier with Bet365 at 80s. On top of that they gave me a winning boost of 25%. That I wasn’t expecting so all in all, he was 5th, I came out with £340. So it was a cracking day :good:
    Well done jac for backing the winner, I hope we all did alright 👍

Participant
    • Total Posts 13247

I hate saying something came up when I hadn’t declared it before. I can’t copy and
    paste from Bet365, But I’ve taken a photo and sent it to Nathan so nobody thinks
    I’m at the madam. :whistle:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16958

:good: Glad your day went well Sam :good:

Don’t worry Graham we all believe you did it, no need for proof
    :yahoo: Well done.

I had a terrific day today with Liberty Lane flying in and I picked Wimbledon Hawkeye in the paddock he looked a million dollars.

Had a lovely bet on Lake Victoria she flew home and although I lost on Whistlejacket you know I just couldn’t leave Shadow Of Light out of it and did him EW at 5/1 with Paddy Power before I left home.

Well done with Andaleep in Neil’s compy :good: and for those great prices you achieved for your bets..

Noticed something spooky whilst looking at Lake Victoria in the parade ring today.
    She is a deadringer for her half sister Inspiral ..look at these two pictures. They are like two.peas in a pod and both Mega talented. Clever old Frankel. :yahoo:

Lake Victoria – Cheveley Park winner today

Inspiral – Breeders Cup

It’s uncanny how alike they are . :heart:

No winners for me in the comps, hope you all did better. :good: Jac

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2513

some great tipping, well done Jac :good: Finding those yesterday glad you had a great day and love picture of Lake Victoria :heart:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32172

Wow some resemblance that Jac.. :heart:

BigG, Received your email and can confirm that you smashed it… :yahoo:
    happy to post it up here if you like but agree with Jac, we all know how regularly you find these gems

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 16958

Thanks Nick :good: I had a great day and as you can see the track was bathed in sunshine all day.☀️🌞

Nathan. Like you, I’m always happy to take Graham’s word for it, there’s no fun in claiming big wins and prices that you never achieved and Graham is a Mastercraftsman in seeking out value. :good:
    Noticed Big Gossey ran 2nd at the Curragh 9/1 this afternoon, hope you were on at a bigger price EW Graham.

Yes Nathan I had to do a double take when Lake Victoria walked round the paddock yesterday. My first impression was she’s not much of a looker for a Frankel filly and then the penny dropped of another talented Frankel filly with that long thin face and distinctive marking.
    When I got home and compared the photos I just thought Wow like you ..they are deadringers.
    Looking forward to seeing Inspiral next Saturday in the Sun Chariot. I’ll have to do a double take and make sure they haven’t subbed in LV in her place..lol😅🤣😂

Saw Music Society running on into 2nd yesterday on the on course tv..looks like he’s in line for a win, after 2 years, next time out B-) Hope so. Jac :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 13247

That was a terrific day you had on Saturday Jac, you blasted the bookies for sure :yahoo:
    Those are incredible photos of Lake Victoria and Inspiral Jac, they could be twins they
    are so alike. Andeleep was in Neil’s competition Jac, but on as my 1st reserve so unfortunately
    no points there but I’ll settle for the money :good:

Thanks Nathan for being able to confirm my winnings, no need to post them up, your word
    is law in here :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 13247

Jac, I can’t believe I missed Big Gossey at the Curragh. I saw the other day that he was
    running on Sunday. I’ve just watched the race and what a brave horse he is. He took up
    the running and I thought he had them all beat but one came up the rail and althogh BG
    tried his heart out he was just caught in the last 1/2f. That’s why I love him, he just
    puts his heart and soul into every race, and at his home(the Curragh) he’s worth a bet
    every time, He’s also a beautiful looking grey. He’s 7 so he’s got a race or 2 in him
    yet :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16958

I’ve put Big Gossey in my Tracker Graham for his future runs at The Curragh, I can see why you love him so much. :rose:
    There has been so much racing this weekend it’s easily done to miss one, you need your eye constantly on the ball.

I decided to follow Oisin Murphy at Epsom today, I didn’t post anything up I just had a hunch he might have a good day not having ridden one winner at Newmarket yesterday.
    I did some multiples which yielded a good return and an EW on Andrew Baldings Marcella in the 4.40 taking 16/1 and she won leading nearly all the way and pulling away from the favourite :yahoo: a nice return from Paddy Power on her and my multiples. :yahoo:

Looking at The Curragh I should have also backed Ryan Moore’s rides today.

Will update the Godolphin compy next week after Shadow Of Light’s Group success at Newmarket yesterday.
    I did get points for Rebels Romance’s win last week…
    sight
    Points 7560
    Position 338

O swaps :wacko:

Look forward to receiving all your scores,
    I messed up my swaps and running on empty now especially as not a Bonus Race in sight 🔎👀…lol🤣😂

Take care .. Jac :heart: x

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2513

blimey Jac whats your lottery numbers :heart:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16958

I don’t do the Lottery Nick but thank you :good:
    I just got lucky in Sunday :yahoo: I tend to be luckiest when I don’t overthink my bets, it just came right on Sunday. :good:
    Roll on the Sun Chariot Saturday.. Will Inspiral retain her unbeaten record on The Rowley Mile? Or will See The Fire (EW) be too hot to handle? 🔥
    I’ll be backing them both and in a Rev Forecast..Best of luck. Jac. :good:

Viewing 17 posts - 3,282 through 3,298 (of 3,341 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.