The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Meydan Thursdays

Viewing 17 posts - 1,854 through 1,870 (of 2,305 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 16040

Really nice to have you with us Andre, it wouldn’t be the same without you. :rose: I’ve studied up form before on the wrong day and then been quite relieved to see that all my choices lost so in the end I saved money…lol
    It was a very strange day today and hard to find winners but our Graham has managed to be joint TOP SCORER this week on Select 3 horses with Chti Balko and Hansard 13/2 and 15/2. Well done Graham you can certainly celebrate tonight as I know you would have backed them both. Really well done. :yahoo:

Just finished the scoring on the Competition and both Andre and I and even Red Rum are without points this week.
    I struggled today with no flat racing and an outsider won the Coral Gold Cup leaving many of us scratching our heads over some decent horses who ran below form, especially Ahoy Senor one of many that pulled up, I hope they are all ok. :heart:

I have one horse running in Ireland tomorrow in Bobby’s Ten To Follow – Ashroe Diamond.
    Impaire Et Passe and Ashroe Diamond both run for me in Grahams Tote 10 To follow…so fingers crossed.
    Best of Luck tomorrow.
    Jac :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1989

Thank you Jac :rose: that’s very kind of you to say.

It was another difficult day, no comp points and two more placed horses in TTF over the weekend (Impaire et Passe and Ballyburn). That makes five place horses now :scratch: – with three horses yet to run this season. Still a lot of racing to go.

Hope everyone is doing well. Special thoughts to Marjorie and Dave as they continue to recover and get stronger.

We are just about done with our craft show marathon. One more next Saturday then things will calm down (hopefully).

Take Care Everyone

Participant
    • Total Posts 16040

You can enjoy a well earned rest after Saturday Andre and hope the Craft Shows have done well for you and your wife this year. :rose:

There have been some shock results in the TTF with Impaire Et Passe, Ballyburn, Bravemansgame and Galopin Des Champs all being beaten. Should have guessed that Fastorslow was not a one trick pony and Teahupoo who also put in a great run on Saturday..
    All eyes on Constitution Hill now with Nicky Henderson considering running him in the Fighting Fifth on Saturday..will he or won’t he. We have to wait and see. :rose:

Lots of time yet in all the comps..March is a long way off for Cheltenham and the Grand National, they don’t want their horses to be peaking too soon. :good: Keep the faith Andre it will turn around.. :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16040

Have to put this one up while she is such a good price because I think she will start favourite tomorrow….

SIXTIES CHIC -100/30 (with Power Up) – WIN
    3.35 Lingfield

Jack Channon Sixties Icon filly who ran a blinder last time out at Lingfield going down by just a head when caught on the line.
    Down from 7f to her best trip of 6f hoping she will be bang on for this. :good:
    Jac

Participant
    • Total Posts 16465

Good morning Jac,
    I’ll aim to have a good look at this race today. I’m a jumps fan but it’s good to have the flat back again!
    As they say “variety is the spice of life.”
    I hope you have all had a good weekend.
    And with snow and ice with waterlogged tracks to follow, punters will be leaning towards the all weather this week.
    Here in Suffolk it is positively balmy. Very wet but mild. Which is good as I start a new challenge today.
    I’m restoring a rockery that has been overgrown for a long time. It’s been blitzed with weed killer and of course the weeds loved it and the owners tell me they have “multiplied and taken over.”
    As well as a restoration it’s an installation as it will form part of an art Exhibition taking place next month in town. More about that in “The 🌲 Tree”.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16465

Lucky last at leafy 🥬

MUMMYAZ

Win

Kanohi Breeze

each way

the draw data horse based on an assessment of the leading horses in last year’s contest. Very lightly raced unexposed and open to any amount of improvement and in double first time hear gear here. Free energy horse too.

SIXTIES CHIC

Still way below first rating mark only used in a maiden. Duly won off much lower on h/c all weather debut and likely the one to beat here

Nordic glory

Down to winning mark and occupies bottom weight course and distance winner and sure to be in the shake up.

COMBINATION TRICAST ALL FOUR RUNNERS

Participant
    • Total Posts 16040

Wow :yahoo: What an impressive turn of foot SIXTIES CHIC has. :yahoo:
    I can’t believe she didn’t go off favourite.
    I went in again at 5’s..hope you had a little on her Sam :rose:

I just had a feeling she would do well today after that last run and back to her favourite 6 furlongs…made my Tuesday. :rose: Jac

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9008

What is the link between the Channons and Sixties Icons produce. I know Sheena West has a lot of them, too. Does he stand at stud down there or is it just that Mick Channon realised his potential as a NH sure early one?

Participant
    • Total Posts 16465

Triptych is the queen
    She reigns supreme
    Meydan punters what a team!!
    What a write up trip and returned at huge odds.
    :yahoo:
    Those last three runs inspired by Mick without a doubt the first of which was the third consecutive winner for the sire in 24 hours and the second one at the meeting. Full credit to Jack who clearly listens to his Dad. I’m thinking mick owns the horse.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16040

Lol Sam 😅🤣😂 loved your poem and it was nice to see one that I had notebooked from her last run go on to win in such style. :heart:

The favourite Mumayaz will win next time out Sam :good: as he was also powering home but had got a bit squeezed on the rails towards the end. I think he would have faired better had he not been switched left at the start and dropped in at the back maybe 7 furlongs for him next time, definitely one to watch. :good:

I dont know anything about a link between the Channons and Sixties Icon Moe only that he has the best pedigree and is popping in the winners. :good:
    Let us know if you can find out some more.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16040

Must make a visit to the tree 🌳 very soon Sam. Didn’t know you were as close as Suffolk County of the ‘Big Sky’.
    Good luck with the Rockery and upcoming Art Exhibition. :good: Jac

Participant
    • Total Posts 16465

Thanks Jac, yes we are border cousins and in your neck of the woods I have quite a bit of family. So before long we are sure to meet up!
    Such a brilliant bit of form reading Jac well done.
    Hopefully you and Dave are close enough to make the exhibition opening night on 11/1 next month.
    Obviously with all that is going on my race reading hasn’t been up to much. I ended up with two winners last night but as it gets quiet here in the evening, posted them on the punters lounge.
    Sometimes I try to be in two places at the same time and when you speed raceread at the post it become nigh impossible. So on the basis that you cannae serve two masters ( as Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 found out last night) I only stuck them there, landing the last two winners on the card.
    I was whizzing doing my sixties chic notes between two forums and as you know my normal write up would have culminated in two win bets especially as I said sixties chic was the one to beat!! I actually had to recheck my account as I thought I had backed her to win as well. ( no)
    I did put up a maximum win bet on England to score three plus goals on the “ this sporting life” thread as well as England to score two more goals in the second half.
    But back to the Rockery and I’ve identified at least twenty different animals that make use of it in it’s current weedy state. I’m listing those in the 🌲 tree. The other amazing thing about it is it has been lumped together using rubbish and tree stumps and it is actually the deep rooted weeds that is holding the rocks and the bank in place. The same weeds that the owners want “shot of” I’m going to break it to them gently….

Participant
    • Total Posts 16040

Sorry you didn’t get a little on Sixties,Chic Sam but you did give her a worthy mention in your write up. :good:
    It is hard to find the time to give to reading a race thoroughly, I always find there is always one key factor that you realise you missed once the final result is evident. I wish I had more time to study races as I love horse watching they all have their different quirks like we all do. 😉

If I were the owners of the weed covered rockery I would be delighted with your efforts in discovering that they have actually added to it’s survival and the fact that wildlife are thriving there is another feather to your cap Sam, keep up the good work. :rose: Jac

Participant
    • Total Posts 16040

Godolphin Fantasy League set to kick of on Friday 8th December but as yet so many horses are not available for selection. :wacko: They have horses declared at Lingfield today but the comp is not open officially until Friday.
    Hope it gets up and running soon not sure if it even starts on Friday now..
    Does anyone have a clue?…I don’t…Jac :wacko:

• Total Posts 30888

Just seen this Jac.. Better get my stakes on
    No, haven’t got a clue on anything at the moment, just winging it
    Can’t say I’m overly enthusiastic about the Godolphin league but enjoy the threads mini compy between us all

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 16040

Even my enthusiasm is waining Nathan the full list of horses is missing a lot that are running on or after 8th December..I will keep our comp going as I enjoy it too but the total lack of Godolphin’s attention to detail is driving me nuts..lol :scratch: Jac

Participant
    • Total Posts 16040

Here’s a hopeful Godolphin winner at Lingfiel with a nice EW at 14/1.

1.35 Lingfield…

Comby Forecast:
    Whispering Words
    Pre Nup
    Lakakota Sioux (she of the flashing tail)

Fingers crossed 🤞
    Jac

Viewing 17 posts - 1,854 through 1,870 (of 2,305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.