The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays 2022

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Meydan Thursdays 2022

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 788 total)
  • Author
    Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1315

I hope everyone is doing well.

Jac – Hopefully all the doctor appointments over the coming weeks will help with Dave’s full recovery. We’re all rooting for him (well and for you too of course).

Well done with your bookie bashing yesterday Graham.

I was surprised to see that I had two TTF runners today…… Dysart Dynamo has already won easily and is hopefully looking good for Cheltenham. Bob Olinger goes a little later…. any points at this stage will be gratefully accepted. Before long it will be time to make our two swaps. I have no idea what I’ll do.

I had a couple of short-priced winners in the comps yesterday. Nothing very exciting.

Stay Safe Everyone

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13571

Thank you Andre..Dave improving a little every day which is a good sign at this stage I’m told.

Well done with Dysart and Bob yesterday. :good: Two nice horses to have in your stable. :rose: Jac x

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9233

Good morning all,
    I’ve done
    Glenabo Bridge in the 3.35 at punchestown today each way single.
    And just for a bit of fun I’ve also put him in an each way double with
    Dysart Dynamo for the supreme novices.
    Took the 25/1 ( six places) and 4/1.
    He was highly impressive although unchallenged yesterday.

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13571

Best of luck with those bets Sam. Will be cheering home Glenabo Bridge today for the Single EW bet and the first leg of your EW double. :good:
    Jac

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9233

Hi Triptych,
    Hi to Dave.

I’m more optimistic about Kodi Gold later at wolves for David Evans he is one sharp operator and won this race two years ago with Kodiline another Kodiak. Kodi Gold fluffed his lines over this trip two runs ago and dropped into a claimer over same distance should win.

Glenabo Bridge has a tough task to be fair as he goes off bottom weight against some very good sorts. Some of them run off marks over 100 so a much stronger contest than last year. Just depends how much scope he has… but the yard’s build up to the race suggests this has been the target all year.
    Good winner yesterday with Supreme jet and they go for the double today just as they did last year.

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9233

Whoops I’ve fluffed my lines!! Kodi Gold is going over 7 here… At least this is only a claimer. We will have wait and see as the money is down now. :wacko:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13571

Good luck with Kodi Gold Sam. :good:
    He runs half an hour before my only bet of the day…

5.30 Wolverhampton
    DESERT LIME ..100/30 .. Win

I had a freebet from PP so decided to go with this filly who ran so well in 2nd last time. The 3rd horse has since come out and won so know that was a good effort.

Best of luck to us both today.. :rose:
    Jac

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9233

Glenabo Bridge placed 5th :good:
    But………… My betting slip indicates I requested the antepost double to be “win double”. So it has to go down as a loser :wacko: .
    The thought was there.
    A winner on the single each way but dipped out. Will have to find another decent each way bet in the future to place with a Cheltenham fancy another time.
    Kind of gutted but philosophical.
    Silly me.

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13571

Very pleased with Desert Lime in the 5.30 today coming home at 4/1.. :good:

What a shame Sam that your Punchestown horse didn’t get paid out on 5th place.

Did you do Kodi EW he was 2nd?

Jac :rose:

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10078

Sam I know how that feels, I’ve lost a few over time, just losing
    attention at the right moment. Glenabow Bridge was well put up for
    an e/w at 25/1 :good:

Jac, what a great winner with Desert Lime was :yahoo: That man
    George Boughey is well worth keeping an eye on :good:

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10078

Jac, Sam’s horse was paid out for 6 places. The problem he had was he thought he had
    placed an e/w double With Glenabow Bridge and Dysart Dynamo at the Festival. The 1st
    leg would be up with the place but he realised the bet had only gone through as a win
    double, so the bet is down. We’ve all been there 😥

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9233

Hi Triptych that was a great selection desert Lime I went over it earlier because I selected it when I think Ryan Moore rode it on a Saturday and it didn’t get home. Subsequent form by Khatwah franked him. So I’m not sure why I managed to over look him.
    The Glenabo bet was a nice winner as they paid six places.
    Yes Big G I was very surprised when I saw it was a loser on the antepost and initially I wondered if they had a crazy policy of not going the extra places ante post but the concentration must have lapsed when I placed the bet not the end of the world.

Going to find another one and latch it on to a Cheltenham one another day.

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9233

Into the last Billy Roberts has a good chance
    Doing him win without the favourite.
    While
    Zoom zoom baby has Ben dropped down to his best distance.
    Michael Appleby had been running zzb over 12 furlongs deliberately…
    Best form when s close second beaten favourite in Ireland over that distance of a much higher mark on heavy ground.
    Wolves
    Zoom zoom baby
    Each way
    Billy Roberts
    Win without favourite

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13571

Thanks Graham, Boughey is an exciting young trainer, it was a nice surprise getting a freebet up and Desert Lime came good for me this time out, I did back her with Ryan Moore on board last time Sam and had her in my compy choices that Saturday. :good:

Oh so sorry about your AP bet Sam that is a sickener as Graham say’s it is so easy to forget to tick that EW option.
    I hope you find another that you can double up with Dysart Dynamo. :good: Jac

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9233

AP mentioned on another thread that Joseph O’Brien rarely let’s his horses go if they are going to improve, or to put it another way the next trainer has to do a lot of work to get anything out of them. And that is a prime example Zoom zoom Babe has just finished out with the washing at wolves.
    I do think that Appleby will get that one going eventually but headgear and more runs are obviously needed.
    Yes I’ll find another good each way or winner to put in a double with Dysart later in the week. :good:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13571

Yes she has been tried over a variety of distances Sam right up to 2 miles just before Joseph let her go and she ran one of her best races that day.
    Appleby is one off the best trainers to bring her on and unlock hidden potential. :good: Noticed in the write up that she was hampered so maybe draw a line under that race.

Tomorrow ….
    5.20 Southwell .. LETHAL ANGEL – EW .. (taking morning price)

Unlike Joseph I think Jane Chapple-Hyam often let’s hers go with a little bit left in the tank.

Running over what I believe is her best distance of 5 furlongs and with Hollie Doyle on board I think LETHAL ANGEL could provide us with a heavenly result.
    🐎 Jac

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9233

Nice one will put that on my list.
    Earlier in the opener
    Bert Kibbler runs and was a ready winner here over the distance on new years day and destroyed the field and in the process beat Strong Power. That one has gone right up in grade smashing the track record on his next all weather appearance elsewhere and winning three on the bounce there. A group horse in a handicap.
    That alone elevates or flatters our Bert and he should be very hard indeed to peg back.

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 788 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.