The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays 2022

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Meydan Thursdays 2022

Viewing 17 posts - 919 through 935 (of 1,079 total)
  • Author
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10402

My sis in Law, Sheena and Svitlana headed back down south, we had a great time
    together and I was touched that Svitlana was in tears when she left. We had
    to promise we would see her soon, which we will as my son Ross’s partner is
    due in 3 days down in London, so we will break the journey stopping at
    Wellesbourne (near Stratford) on the way down, and catch them for a few
    days on the way back. Exciting times.

I know it’s going to be a long haul with Dave, Jac, but as you say he
    has to keep chugging along and hopefully things will pick up slowly.

Well done getting through to the next leg of the PP4 Cup. I had 2 just out the
    money and a 3rd at 11s.

I’ve got 2 of my tracker favourites running to daay at the Curragh

Big Gossey 3.10 20/1 Bet365
    Dreamloper 3.45 11/2 Bet365

I’ve done an e/w double on them as well.

I’d better nick off just now as it’s not long until BG runs :bye:

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10402

Awwwww that was agonising. I thought he had them all beat and then one bugger,
    Ano Syra, nicked up the rail to take it in the last 50 yards. Still a good
    E/W 2nd at 20s so no need to grumble.

C’mon Dreamloper :good:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13844

Well done with Big Gussey Graham you almost had that one. Shame that Dreamloper never got into the race today, she’s better than that.

Lovely to hear that Svetlana had such a nice time with you all and she will be counting the days to see you again.
    Enjoy your trip to London..Jac :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10402

Thanks Jac, the signs were not good before the off for Dreamloper. She went
    out from 5/1 out to 7/1 before the off. Still a good day with Big Gossey, he’s
    been a real pal to me.

Svitlana is a really nice person Jac, I think she was just a bit overcome how
    welcome she was made. We all used google translators to talk to each other although it
    became obvious the only safe way of passing a message was by typing it out.
    Sometimes using voice messages, they came out nothing like what you actually
    said. I used a voice message to let Svetlana know she was sleeping in the back
    bedroom and sheena was sleeping in the front bedroom. Fortunately I read what
    I would have passed in the message and it sounded for all the world like I was
    sleeping with her in the back bedroom and Sheena was in the front and would set
    an alarm :whistle:

Anyway, Sheena Marjorie and I nearly split our sides laughing about it, before I
    typed up another message, I think Svitlana would have thought there were some very
    strange customs in Scotland :wacko:

I hope you are feeling better now Andre, I’m glad to hear that the vaccines seem
    to have done their work. Take it easy mate :good:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13844

Lol Graham…talk about lost in translation more like ‘lust in translation’ if that blooper had got an airing. :wacko:
    Moving swiftly on…
    I did read that the heavens opened at the Curragh today just before the race, so that could have scuppered Dreamloper’s chances. The negative vibes were there and it looks like she was saved for another day as she made no real effort in running.

That was a great story Graham, it did make me laugh, reckon you can dine out on that one for some time, that is if you can afford restaurant prices and the cost of getting there….off to pump up the wheels on my bicycle. B-)
    Jac

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26468

Well done Jac in progressing into the next round of the daylight cup
    Yeats can be a tricky customer so its a good scalp to take

BigG, unlucky with Big Gossy, I thought you had nabbed it

I’m off to a funeral in a minute
    A friend of my mothers, they use to work together on the front counter of a Chinese restaurant years ago. Francis was mine and my brothers first ever customer when we set up window cleaning. She only lived a few streets away from mum and dad so even when we stopped cleaning windows for a while when I was on dialysis and my brother mentally unwell we still cleaned her windows. She was the only customer we had in the street for a long time. I now have more in the street than ones I don’t. The windows are only one up and one down and a door, fronts only in a terraced street. Takes two minutes to clean and twenty minutes Francis chatting away getting all the gossip..
    She was elderly so not unexpected but still sad

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13844

Thanks Nathan I was lucky to have achieved a big score in my first week that carried me through but relieved to have seen off Yeats. Have to be on my A game on July Cup Day as I will be there and hope to find a winner or two at my favourite track.

Sad story about your mum’s good friend Francis, Nathan and hope you and all her friends and neighbours gave her a lovely send off today.

It does leave a void when someone we have grown up with and known all our lives passes away, especially when linked with our parents, and I”m sure when you get to Francis’s house to clean windows in the future you’ll be sure to give them an extra polish because she’ll be pointing out the bits you missed and smiling down remembering the two young scallywags she used to know.⚘
    Jac

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26468

Forgot to say in the last post hope you are on the mend Andre… :yes:

Mother got a mention in the tribute at Frances’s funeral early, I got the spelling wrong in the last post
    14 years mother has been gone so lovely to know she is still well thought of by her friends family.

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13844

Lovely now that Covid restrictions are lifted that everyone could go and pay respects Nathan and you must have been proud to hear your mum mentioned too.⚘ Jac

Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1418

I’m sorry to hear about you mum’s good friend passing Nathan. I’m sure she was a special lady. You will always remember her with such good memories. I’m sure you were very touched my the mention of your mum during the tribute.
    I had flashbacks to the terraced house we lived in 50 years ago reading your story.

I’m pretty much over my bout of COVID – I just have a small nagging cough that I can’t shake. Other than that I feel good. Thanks for asking.

That was quite a story Graham – Google translate works well, most of the time lol. I’m sure Svetlana would have thought it was some crazy Scottish custom :wacko: glad you got it all sorted out.

Hope you’re doing well Jac & Dave too.

Stay Safe Everyone

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10402

Just catching up. I’m sorry to hear about your Chinese friend Nathan, and
    so nice to hear that your mum got a mention in the tribute.

Well done Jac getting through to the next leg of the Daylight Cup, I
    messed up so you are the sole Torch Bearer 🔥
    Best of luck Jac :good:

Good to hear you’re on the mend Andre, just watch that cough mate :good:

Eleni (Ross’s partner) has just gone into Hospital, I’ve not got butterflies
    in my stomach, I think they are more like crows :wacko:

I’ll keep you updated :good:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13844

Thanks Graham I’ll do my best in the Daylight Comp. :good:
    So glad it’s not this Saturday as we are in the process of changing our Broadband provider it all changes on 7th July and we keep losing our connection with Talk Talk they keep pestering us to stay but we have a much better deal and we think they have cut our connection back so that it is running slow, so if I disappear for a few days that will be the reason. :wacko:

Do keep us updated on Eleni wish her and you all well. :rose:

Andre please do as Dr.Graham says and look after that cough. 😷🤧x

All quiet on the horsey front this week, looking forward to the Coral Eclipse and especially seeing Native Trail again. Real World out of the race with a bad scope so he is flying the flag for Godolphin. :heart: Jac

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10402

Well the handicapper has given Eleni and Ross’s baby 8lbs 10 1/2ozs and
    he made his appearance at 21.51 last night :yahoo:

Baby Alexander, as it is a name that is recognised here and in Greece,
    where Eleni is from. If I’d had a cigar I would have smoked it, even though
    I don’t smoke. I settled for a cognac and Marjorie had her usual hot toddy.

I’m over the moon and I’ll get down to London some time after my GP appointment
    next Tuesday, all being well. I even get a mention in his middle names :good:

I hope all you guys are all okay and you’re cough is a bit better Andre :good:

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10154

Congratulations Big G. Brilliant news.
    Welcome Baby Alexander.
    :good: :good:

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26468

Yes, what wonderful news
    congratulations BigG.. :heart:

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10402

Many thanks Sam and Nathan, I’m still buzzing. He’s
    a little cracker. I can’t believe I’m now a Grampa :yahoo:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13844

Congratulations Graham and Marjorie on your 1st Grandchild. It is the most wonderful feeling. :yahoo:
    All good wishes to your son Ross and Eleni and baby Alexander, what a bonny boy he is…enjoy every minute. :rose:
    Jac x

Viewing 17 posts - 919 through 935 (of 1,079 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.