The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays 2022

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Meydan Thursdays 2022

Viewing 17 posts - 749 through 765 (of 788 total)
  • Author
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13571

Lol Nathan..who’s cat have you been feeding then? Keep us updated.

Of course you can play late all rules out the window here. :good:

Godolphin Fantasy breaking News

:mail: Yibir runs in Ameria tomorrow. :mail:

I believe a few of us have him in our stable. :good:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25876

She never said who’s cat it was but it was outside her door. :unsure:
    Her cat is white which she did tell me but I wasn’t listening…

Member since March 2008
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10078

Well I’m sitting on the ferry headed back home after stopping off at marks to top up on nice stuff. I’m not looking at the above posts, other than the ones I read this morning before leaving as I don’t want to know any results. I’ll catch them all when I get in

I saw Jac and andre had picked out their lot for York so I did the same and backed the 1st one before my wife woke me up to take my laptop off my chest and turn the light off :wacko:
    I took my list with me so I know it’s completely out of order but I’ll list them anyway.

1.50 Lost Angel 18/1 W.H. 5 places
    2.25 Petfect News 4/1
    3.00 miramichi 12/1
    3.35 Thunderous 10/1
    4.10 pons Aelius11/1
    4.45 challet 6/1
    5.20 Peggy Sioux (who was 17/2 last night. She’s the only other one I’ll be able to bet.

I know it sounds crazy Andre but I stayed in Hamilton for best part of 40 years and Drew, my hairdresser, is a good pal. I arrived there just after 1pm and left about 2.40pm we grabbed so much. So although with the time gabbing and tests driving g and ferries takes shout 4 hours :wacko:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13571

Final result of mini comp at York….Ta Dah 🎶🎶

Without finding one winner top scorer is….

Jac – 22 points
    (Love Is Golden 8
    Thunderous 10
    Wild Crusade 4)
    Graham – 16 points
    (Thunderous 10
    Challet 6)
    Andre – 14 points
    (Rogue Bear 4
    Wild Crusade 4
    Challet 6)
    Nathan – 0 points
    (having a cat nap) B-)

Hoping Newmarket will prove an easier hunting ground for winners tomorrow.. :good:

Thanks for taking part everyone..Jac :heart:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13571

Andre thought you might be looking out for another ‘pupdate’ on Wilson.
    Just taken about 5 minutes ago by my son Chris while out for their evening walk…

He is such a gentle giant so good with my granddaughters…love him to bits. :heart:

Wilson waiting for the full Moon.🌕

Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1315

Thanks for the fun little comp Jac! Well done on winning it all :good:

Oh Nathan, your cheesecake could be in jeopardy if you’re feeding the wrong cat. Hope you get it sorted out before she gets back. :wacko:

After 30 years I think I’d be doing the same Graham – it’s always good to keep in touch with old friends. I’m sure you had a great time catching up, with a little shopping on the way home.

Oh gosh – Love the pup-date :yahoo: Wilson looks amazing – what a lovely boy he is. I’m sure he is loved by everyone!

Stay Safe Everyone!

PS – I do love this thread and the friendships we have here.

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10078

Well done Jac, I don’t think a couple of places would have saved my day
    so maybe just as well I fell asleep in the early hours or I might have
    backed a few more :mail:

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25876

I’ve received my bollocking, all in a good sense of humour
    The cat is microchipped and the back door has a cat flap that only her can get in so I don’t need to let any cats in just put the food out.. I knew I should have wrote this all down when I was getting my instructions last week.. :mail:

Well done Jac winning the mini comp.. I was pleased Stradivarius won, my brother would have been watching as he was one horse that done well for him. The one that didn’t was Apple’s Jade. Whenever my brother backed her she would lose and when he left her alone she’d win..

Big day tomorrow with the FA Cup final for me and Eurovision for Alex

looking forward to watching the racing too with Chindit hasn’t got a chance against Baaeed but I love him and same with Etonian running in the Lockinge a bit of a head scratcher but I do think he can produce much more than he has in recent outings.
    Oh This is Us and Music Society also running tomorrow and two I adore…. :heart:

Member since March 2008
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13571

You did well taking 40 winks Graham I think my only winner at York was Desert Crown on Thursday. It has been a great meeting for the bookies.

However I think we may have seen a serious Oaks contender in Emily Upjohn and Derby winner in Desert Crown. Glad you enjoyed your trip out to meet old friends and do a bit of shopping.
    Hope the haircut turned out well.👴

Thanks for your kind comments Andre, as soon as Chris sent me that picture I thought of you and had to post it.
    I too love the friendships we have formed on this Thread through good times and bad, :heart: x

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10078

That’s a classic story Nathan with your friends cat, or rather not with
    your friend’s cat :yahoo: Good luck with your Cup Final and I hope
    Alex has the winner in Eurovision :good:

I can hardly believe that Scotland have a team in a European Final.
    It’s been quite a while but Rangers have a shout against Frankfurt.
    I wish I’d backed them at the start of the competition, I think
    they were 66/1 C’mon the Gers :yahoo:

My post on the ferry was on my phone, so half of it didn’t make sense,
    bloody autocorrect :wacko: Anyway it shouldn’t really count because they
    had all run bar the last 1. I know it was all for fun but I think Andre
    and Nathan should move up 1 :good:

Great to see Wilson Jac, he must be loved by all the family, a gentle
    giant, with a very original ear 😉

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25876

Wouldn’t it be great if Rangers won the Europa and Liverpool won the Champions League. They would meet in the European Super Cup next season. I always preferred Rangers to Celtic. Think it was because everyone at school had Celtic as their Scottish team so I went the other way.

Better not talk too much football otherwise Jac will be handing out the yellow cards.

Member since March 2008
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25876

What a gorgeous photo of Wilson that is Jac,
    Something very therapeutic about walking the dog in a big field with no one else around.

Member since March 2008
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10078

I’ll say it quietly then Nathan so Jac doesn’t hear me :whistle:
    Rangers V Liverpool in the European Super Cup. Almost unthinkable :unsure:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13571

It’s ok guys carry on talking football Zzzzzz I’m off to do my 3 Horses comp.

Really enjoyed the banter on here today but I can’t say as much as I want too tonight as using an awful tablet while my phone charges that is predicting everything it thinks I want to say..WRONGLY… :wacko:

Best of luck in the comps tomorrow. :bye: Jac

Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1315

I’d be happy cheer on Rangers in the Europa League final, but that’s still 10 days or so away. I need to cheer on my Spurs as they fight for a spot in the top four with two games to go!! After thumping Arsenal on Thursday night we have the momentum! #COYS

Glad you have your cat duties sorted out Nathan – hopefully you saved your cheesecake!

It’s all in good fun Graham, as far as I’m concerned you earned your runner-up spot.

I’ve picked Mr Busker in the Lockinge at a huge price, he’s a smart performer and should be worth an E/Way shot. It’s only a small field, so he will need to make the first three. Probably crazy but you just never know he ran a decent race at Ascot last time out.

Have fun at Newmarket if you go Jac!

Stay Safe and Good Luck with your bets today!

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10078

Same as you Andre, I backed Sir Busker, an old friend (sometimes) of mine
    at 40/1. He came with a run, but was never going to get into the top 3.
    He certainly wasn’t disgraced :good:

I’m not a Rangers fan or Celtic fan Andre. I shout on either if they have
    a chance in the big competitions, it would be so good for Scotland. You’ve
    got to thank Gerrard for getting them into shape and Van Bronkhurst has done
    so well since he took over. I’m a Hamilton Accies follower (but whisper it :whistle: )

My older brother, sadly passed far too young at 52, was a huge Celtic fan.
    Worked on that great Scottish production of Taggart with Mark McManus. He
    had a wee bit of a follow up in Celtic Official program with his Photo in
    it. It was quite moving. A lot of the staff from Taggart were at the funeral
    and when we met up in his favourite pub, the Doublet on Park Road for a bit
    of a do, it was funny when I walked in and a young woman said, omg I thought
    it was Bill’s ghost when you walked in. Several people made similar comments,
    we were pretty alike.

About 16 years ago, although it doesn’t seem like it. I still shout on the Celts
    for him when I get the chance :rose:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13571

Sorry to hear your brother passed so young Graham, Dave and I both enjoyed watching Taggart in it’s day it was gritty and down to earth and you got to see the main characters develop through thr programme, I particularly liked Blythe Duff who played Jackie Reid, she didn’t suffer fools gladly.

Had a terrific day at Newmarket and was surprised to particularly enjoy getting up close to two Suffolk Punch horses who came along with the Suffolk Horse Society to fundraise in order to save this endangered breed
    I took a picture of one of the gentle giants who managed to take our minds off racing for a moment and focus on how we can help them to survive.. :heart:

I managed to find two winners and a decent priced 2nd today but for me little Shine So Bright, my compy Nap, winning the 3.00 really made my day.
    At 6 years old and ridden by the talented Harry Davies, for a grey he really is not a looker and is no bigger than a pony in stature but he makes up for it in pure guts and a will to win love him to bits for that. :heart:

We took time out after that race to watch Baaeed sluce home in the Lockinge, nothing was going to get near him. Sorry about your Sir Busker Graham and Andre he never looked in his comfort zone today racing with his head held high but there will be other days.
    Well done for picking Harry Three in your choices, he was a standout in the paddock and a popular winner. :good:

I was thrilled to see Israr win the London Handicap a win in Neil’ compy at last .phew..and in my AP bets which have been abysmal lately. :wacko: I also got 5/1 with Paddy Power so not a bad day today.

Yibir won in America tonight gaining us 300 points but have only moved up about 5 places to possy 171. Still really glad he won after travelling all that way with Will Buick on board. :good: Jac

Viewing 17 posts - 749 through 765 (of 788 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.