The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays 2020

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Meydan Thursdays 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1,471 through 1,485 (of 2,450 total)
  • Author
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10480

Well done Nathan getting back in with Paddy and feel free to ramble away. What I can’t understand is how they got to query your age..Do they have some sort of Webcam spying on their customers or something?

Anyway Paddy gave me a free £10 bet today which has gone onto Arabian Romance and I”m hoping she’ll find her form again later this evening and I can build up a freebet pot with the winnings. :yes:

Thanks for your good wishes for AR tonight and also Andre. Your pick Rose Grey has interesting breeding never heard of her sire before and first run since Meydan in mixed company she could be a dark horse. Angel Fairy also one to be feared.

Best of luck. :good:
    Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10480

Arabian Romance ran a better race today but seemed unbalanced and may not like the track same applies to Grey Rose. One more chance on a different course before she leaves the list. B-)

Nice 5 length win by Angel Fairy who definitely goes on the list..Haggas still flying high. :bye: Jac

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10480

8.05 Lingfield

VIOLA .. 5/2
    WIN

Carrying on the Arabian Romance theme I’m taking a chance that the race won by Almareekh is producing some good runs from the fillies that finished behind her.
    Viola was 3rd in that race at Yarmouth with Arabian Romance in 2nd and Ice Sprite (since a winner in 4th).

Hoping to see Viola play a bigger part in this what looks like an easier race tonight.

Best of luck..Jac :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5912

Any views on races this weekend guys and also 2 group races for the 2yos at Leopardstown tomorrow

SNOWFALL
    MASEN

Golden Horde Prix Maurice de ghhest

THE LIR JET Phoniex stakes

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10480

Viola 2nd beaten a head after being denied a clear run.
    At least they’re getting closer so going with Darren tomorrow in Ireland…
    SNOWFALL .. 9/2.. EW

I’m with STEEL BULL.. 9/4 in the Phoenix Darren and if he runs EARTHLIGHT
    for the
    Prix Maurice de Gheest on Sunday.

Good luck with your bets and anyone else playing. :bye: Jac

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7511

Decided to have a look at the 2 year old Group races Darren mentioned and I very much
    like the look of Military Style in the 1.30. He won his first race but needed a bit of stoking
    up a couple of furlongs out. He just got there when he picked up well in the final 1/2
    furlong. His next effort on the face of it was dismal, 3rd in a 4 runner race when 4/9 fav,
    but he seemed to be going nowhere when the 1st 2 had pulled away from him, only to
    pick up and run on well but went down by 1L. Both races screamed the same thing, he
    needs 7f or a mile. Well he’s got the 7f today and I’m really surprised he’s 18/1. Maybe
    the market has taken the view that Wayne Lordan has jumped off him in favour of Van
    Gogh, but an O’Brien 2nd string holds no fears for me and I fancy him quite a bit.

In the Phoenix Stakes on Sunday, I’m hoping that The Lir Jet is as good
    as I thought when I had an ante post on him in the 2000 Guineas a while back.
    He was beaten after I bet him in the Darley Prix Robert Papin at Chantilly last
    month, he seemed to hit a bit of a flat spot before running on well and just failing
    to get up. If he’s got any chance of heading to the 2000 guineas, he has to win this.
    I’ve taken the 7/2, he’s going to have to be back to his best if he’s to beat Steel Bull
    who also looks very decent.

Good luck today everyone :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10480

Best of luck Graham :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10480

Nice one with Military Style Graham and he went off 7/1 so well done getting 18/1. :good:

My run of bad luck continues as Snowfall just misses a place by a short head. At the moment if I back them to win they place and if I back EW then they come 4th :wacko:
    Keeping positive and hoping this will turn around hopefully soon and before Bob’s Daylight cup. :good: :rose: Jac

gr1980
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10

Thanks for the tip on Military Style! I got in at 20/1. :good:

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22643

Snowfall was last out the gates Jac, that worried me as I think she needs stepping up in distance
    hard luck the short head 4th, we all have runs like that.
    form is temporary but class is permanent
    so much so that
    Nathbet installed you as the 2/1 fav for the daylight cup
    I told Hein that I fancy you… :rose:
    for the daylight cup that is..!!
    He has parted with his German pension
    now I’m alright as I laid the money off with The Young Fella who put you up as 16/1 underdog… :good:
    but Hein is worrying now that you maybe a lame donkey
    No pressure….. :whistle:

Member since March 2008
    BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7511

That was hard luck with Snowfall Jac, I thought she was a cert to be in the places
    at the very least. I’ve gone through spells exactly like that Jac, it’s a bit soul
    destroying but I know how good your knowledge of them is and I’ll bet you’re back
    among the winners before long :good:

I was really pleased with the run of Military Style, he made the most of that stamina
    I was going on about, got out sharp and wore them down. I wasn’t as pleased with the
    whopping 50p in the pound deduction, but when I saw earlier he was out to 28/1, I
    couldn’t believe it. I stuck another 20 e/w, so although a half was cut it still
    between the 2 bets was a nice return. I didn’t mention I had gone in again, so here
    is the 2nd one, and Paddy even upped it to 30/1, nice chap that he is……….

CONGRATS! 🤑
    YOU HAVE WON £400.00
    W
    5. Military Style
    28/1
    30/1
    6th Aug LEOPARDSTOWN 13:30 7F STAKES 7f – Each Way
    13:30 06 August 2020
    Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 3 Places Rule 4: 50p Deduction
    Best odds Power up
    Stake
    £40.00
    Returns
    £400.00
    Bet ID: O/4733706/0003965

I’ve stuck a few quid on Mythical in the 3.00. He hasn’t shown much
    this year, but I’ve got to believe a horse O’Brien thought good enough to go to the
    Derby has got to be better than he’s shown so far. He looks to be entered in some
    top races so he hopefully is good enough to take this and the 9/2 seems quite
    generous :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 22643

Brilliant pick BigG
    and well done gr1980 too
    welcome to TRF… :bye:

Member since March 2008
    BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7511

You’re very welcome gr1980, I’m glad he obliged for both of us :good:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7511

Cheers Nathan, I couldn’t believe the early 18/1, but the 28/1 just blew me away.
    Did the bookies even look at it’s last couple of performances :unsure:

Participant
    • Total Posts 22643

Judging by the SP I’m sure they will have learned a little about that now… :yahoo:

Member since March 2008
Viewing 15 posts - 1,471 through 1,485 (of 2,450 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.