The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays 2020

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Meydan Thursdays 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1,456 through 1,470 (of 1,492 total)
  • Author
    EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 295

I faded badly over the last two days Jac, I think I’m on 175 pts.

Well done on the E/Way Graham & with Treacherous Jac :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9950

Thanks Andre 175 isn’t a bad score at all these comps aren’t as easy as they seem 158 for me.

Anyway I’m sure that you, Nathan, Nick, Darren and and FF and all else who come on here will raise a glass to BigG our Graham who has just become…
    :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
    GOODWOOD CHAMPION TIPSTER(BIGG🏆)
    :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Storming up the leaderboard, faster than Battaash, on the last day of the meeting and stealing the Cup from the grasps of Mike007 and Wyldesyde.
    🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
    Well done Graham
    🐎💨🐎💨🐎💨🐎💨

Thought we’d have a low key sort of celebration at Club Meydan Thursdays for you Graham. ;-) while Krypton and Nathan sew the last few sequins on your Crown.🍾🥂🥂🍾

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7127

Wow Jac, I could almost hear the fanfare of trumpets from here :whistle:

Thanks for that “low key” celebration Jac, I feel I should launch into a
    “I’d like to thank……” reply, but I’ll spare you that. It couldn’t have
    been timed any better if my name was Cieren Fallon. It came down to the last
    20 yards of the last race in the competition. Mike was on Overwrite and I was
    on Muraad. With a furlong to go, Overwrite was 8 lengths up and going well.
    It doesn’t look possible that he could be caught, but cue young Cieren to start
    the coolest perfectly timed run that gets up close home. I’m sure Mike must have
    been staring at the screen wondering what just happened :unsure:
    I felt when Kimifive had been caught on the line in the Stewards earlier that my
    chance had gone, but racing never fails to surprise.

It’s been a great weekend for for me and my boy, I guess someone thought we were
    due it :good:

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22207

Jac, billion took all the sequins for his bingo dress, sorry about that
    I do have a ribbon you can have BigG… :rose:
    I wasn’t going to do the comp of comps this year but will do it now that I’ve had Goodwood off and TKF doing York for me I’ll be able to jot up the totals when I get a bit of time.
    I’d imagine BigG will be right up there…. :good:

Member since March 2008
    BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7127

No sequins, that’s a bit of a blow :-( Ribbon would be fine nathan, it’s the
    1st time in close to 40 years that that I could just about get one in my hair :wacko:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9950

Shame you couldn’t post a Selfie of that Graham.😅🤣

EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 295

Massive well done Graham – :yahoo: what an exciting finish to the competition! You timed that run just like Frankie did on Stradavarius earlier in the week! What a week for you and your son! Good job mate.

Glad Jac put on a quiet, modest; low key celebration for you :yes:

What’s this Comp of Comps Nathan? Is it a summary of all the contests run through the year?

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5861

Hope Hein ok normally when racing in Germany on

See Frankie won german oaks with Miss Yoda

Participant
    • Total Posts 22207

Daz, me old mucker, Young Hein on forum holiday mate.
    Yes, Euro, I add up all the scores together from Cheltenham to Breeders cup comp
    missing Aintree this year so we got Cheltenham, Guineas meeting, Derby, Ascot, Goodwood, York and Breeders Cup

Member since March 2008
    John Gooch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 278

Hello to all

I think that the Flat Season 2000 will be remembered for being one
    that none of us have seen before. However we have had some sport to
    keep our interest alive.

As far as this site is concerned the big story must be how does
    BigG manage to keep finding all these winning selections, he is
    setting a standard that none of us can match. Let us hope the
    bookies are feeling some pain from his bets.

I need to raise my game for the rest of the season to give myself
    some chance in the various competitions. Win or lose though I still
    enjoy the interest generated by being involved.

All the best to everyone :bye:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7127

Thanks Andre and John, I thought I’d just need to get a bigger pair of jeans after
    this lockdown, but I’ll need a bigger hat too the way you guys are going B-)
    I think the big story is this thread John, it’s kept us all going through a
    tough time with the virus, it’s been like a mini support system. There’s been
    some serious horsey talk, and a fair bit of the craic too. The competitions
    help too, I love them and I’m getting a good run at the moment, but it will no
    doubt be someone else’s turn soon enough.

Keep it going team, and stay safe :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9950

Nice to hear from you John and can feel your frustration with the horses not always running as we wish them too.
    I can see how much you love these comps and without a doubt you are a good judge. Winning streaks come and go and mine is wobbly at the moment to say the least.
    I think the bookies have been crying into their empty satchels this week with Graham’s winning bets..he’ll soon be offering to buy the Company. B-)

A big part of finding winners is discipline and by that I mean taking the time to break down a race looking at every aspect of every horse running, their previous races, watching videos until you are certain you have the best horse in that race and that takes an amazing amount of time and even then you could have got it all wrong but you have the confidence in your selection and that feels good but horses being the beautiful beings that they are it can still not work out to plan. :mail:
    Like you I’ll be working on that.

Graham you are the master of the big price winner/place and you’re brave enough to take on short price favourites I feel that’s where your success lies, you get a good vibe for a decent price horse and go with it. :good: Always a certain amount of luck needed but just keep doing what you’re doing and certainly no need for a modest guy like you to get a bigger hat …just keep the Crown on when you go shopping. :whistle: Jac

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9950

7.15 Windsor

ARABIAN ROMANCE
    2/1

She’s on my list of horses to follow next time out and having run so poorly over course and distance last time with no obvious excuses she has to be given another chance to retrieve her form.

Arabian Romance put in a promising debut run at Yarmouth where she was a close 2nd to Michael Stoute’s useful Almareekh who went on to win again at Doncaster and the 4th horse Ice Sprite (also on my list) who also won her next race.

Hoping she could be a class above her rivals today. :rose:

Best of luck if you have a bet today.. :good: Jac

EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 295

Good Luck with Arabian Romance Jac. Rose Grey was finishing well in her only race and could be the danger.

Hey John – Yes, the competitions are tough here, but that’s what keeps it interesting. With lots of very knowledgeable people you have to be in top form to do well. Couldn’t agree more, the interactions with the good people here are what keep me coming back too.

Good Luck if you’re betting today!

Participant
    • Total Posts 22207

Good luck with Arabian Romance..!!

Paddy Power have let me back in, we did have a stand off as they were asking for too much for me to prove my age
    I told them that I have had an account with them since 2010 so unless I was under 8 at the time I would be old enough now
    They kept on, so I told them I’ll bet else where and that they got on my t!ts on social media with some crap that kept spouting about Liverpool FC
    Anyway they sent me an email promoting a promotion so I thought I’d try and get back in and have made a few deposits and withdrawals and everything seems to be back to normal… :good:
    One good thing I have noticed with them that I wasn’t able to do with betfair or Skybet is bet multiples in the Cheltenham win any race market which with a horse like Envoi Allen is not worth me sticking a few quid on a time at 2’s but now I can bump it up in trebles etc I can build up a kitty on him.
    Sorry to ramble on but I was quite pleased with it all.. :rose:

Member since March 2008
Viewing 15 posts - 1,456 through 1,470 (of 1,492 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.