The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays 2020

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Meydan Thursdays 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 599 total)
  • Author
    nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1845

Cancelled

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9291

Ha Ha Graham..thanks for cheering us up. :good:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1845

yeah great stuff BigG B-)

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9291

DUBAI WORLD CUP CANCELLED due to the coronavirus pandemic for the safety of all participants.

Fully understand the thinking behind this but presume it was fuelled by the number of horses being pulled out.. what a shame.
    All ante post bets should now be returned.

So Meydan Thursday’s Thread has now come to a premature end.but would like to say a big thank you to everyone who has joined in week after week especially nwalton, Graham and Hein. :rose:
    Keep well and keep in touch to let us know how you are coping over the weeks to come..and this Thread will remain open over the months ahead for any discussion on whatever flat season we
    have to come … it’s been great and see you soon. :heart: Jac x

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6596

Just posted a thankyou to you Jac on the Godolphin Competition in the Competitions Forum, but
    I’ve got to add a big thankyou to you for starting this thread up. I’ve really loved the Meydan
    Thursdays and it’s been one of the most profitable threads I’ve posted on. You could say I got
    a completely free Cheltenham courtesy of yourself as I’d never have ventured into betting over
    in Dubai without this thread, so I definitely owe you one :good:

Enjoyed the great patter on here and it shows how popular the thread is with nwalton, Hein, Nathan,
    Raymo, Finalfurlong, BlackCountry Kid, Jackh and Krypton all chipping in. Keep it going guys, I’m
    stuck indoors and need a break from Netflix. Having said that, we’ve just watched all 8 episodes
    in the 1st series of Stranger Things yesterday and today. I thoroughly enjoyed it and if you like
    your drama slightly off the wall and not too heavy then I recommend it. If anyone wants to pitch
    in with any other series that would kill some time then fire away.

Keep safe and all the best :good:

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1402

If you haven’t seen band of brothers I would highly recommend it

Then if you like that watch The Pacific

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6596

Cheers FF, I’ll add them to the list :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9291

Graham it’s great that you enjoyed the Meydan Thread and found it a profitable pastime :good: and I’m so pleased to have made a convert. :yahoo:
    I know you be booking your next ‘jolly boys outing’ to Newmarket next year
    to break the bookies there..oh I shouldn’t have mentioned the ‘N’ word I am going to miss it. :cry:

The contributions and banter between all of us has been great and hope all keep posting and keep each other updated how we are coping through difficult times.

I have watched and enjoyed Stranger Things Graham but not the 2nd Series yet..and I love off the wall film and I can highly recommend
    Killing Eve (2 fantastic series) extremely dark- not for the faint hearted…
    oh and if you are into reading Graham I would highly recommend …

Peter James who writes a series of macabre murder investigation books with a Police Inspector based in Brighton called Roy Grace..he has now written 15 books following this detective through the years trying to investigate thestrange disappearance of his own wife and his efforts to find her.
    Each book introduces a new macabre murder for Roy Grace and his team to solve and they are edge of your seat murders not run of the mill and no lengthy court cases.
    If you haven’t read them would recommend you start with the 1st book in the series called
    Dead Simple …it’s the one that got us hooked and it’s a really chilling read and it kicks off from page one and you won’t want to put it down.

Sorry if you know these books already, Graham, as you well may, but would recommend to anyone who might be facing weeks in lockdown. You can get them all online. :good:

Jessica Jones (Marvel Comics hero) is another off the wall Netflix watch and David Tennant plays a menacing part in Series 1..I watched this before turning to Stranger Things..totally hooked on both.

Thanks for the great contributions.
    :good: Jac :bye: :heart:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9291

:mail: Sorry I think I just wrote a book myself up there too much time on my hands this time of night. :mail:

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 21547

BigG, I’m in the same boat due to a weak immune system after Kidney transplant
    I’ve spoke to my boss and he doesn’t want to see me until we have the all clear
    I think 12 weeks is optimistic, personally
    Not been out for 3 days

so far

day 1 – Decided I’ll paint the house, got loads of paint from when Father passed away last year
    day 2 – Get paint tray and paint out of shed
    day 3 – Day off

Keep safe everyone

Member since March 2008
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9291

Stay safe and well Nathan :heart: Jac x

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6596

Thanks for all that Jac, I loved Killing Eve too…..completely bonkers but right up my
    street. I don’t know if you’re a fan of the Coen Brothers, I think you probably are, but
    if you haven’t got round to watching Burn After Reading with John Malkovich, Francis
    McDormand, George Clooney and Brad Pitt, it’s as far “off the wall” as you get, but
    absolutely brilliant. Oh Brother Where Art Thou is another Coen classic that shouldn’t
    be missed. I’ve downloaded the Peter James Novel Dead Simple, but it’s Mrs G who’s a prolific
    reader of murder mysteries. I read over your review of his books and Marjorie was really kean
    to have a read. By the time this whole awful affair is over we’ll either have turned into
    bookworms or become film critics :mail:

Nathan you’re absolutely right with your perspective on house painting, you can never
    rush these things. A few days more contemplation before the next stage seems prudent B-)
    Your boss sounds a decent chap, and he’s spot on, you don’t want to take any chances
    when your immune system is compromised in any way. We both have problems on that score too.
    MrsG, well it would be easier to list what she doesn’t have, but Hashimoto’s thyroiditis
    narcolepsy and sleep apnea will do for starters. I’ve got a bit of a neurological thing
    which leaves my immune sytem vulnerable too, so the pair of us are hold up like Clyde Barrow
    and Bonnie Parker keeping out the road of the posse. We haven’t gone stir crazy yet, but
    we only came back up from Cheltenham last Monday. We’ve been indoors since then and we won’t
    be venturing out until we know it’s safe to do. When that is God knows, but we’re safe and
    comfortable, and both being retired, Mrs G after breaking her back in 3 places after a car
    crash 8 years ago, she doesn’t do anything by half that woman, so we don’t have the added
    problem of worrying about work.

This thing is going to get worse before it gets better, so everyone just please stay as safe
    as you can. We can get through this if we just stick to the plan :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9291

Wise advice Graham. :good:
    Dave and I are now having to take that decision also.
    We just have to follow the rules and we’ll all be back to enjoy Meydan Thursdays next year and hopefully before that a somewhat shortened flat season will be able to kick off. :good:

Thank you for your recommendation of the Coen Brothers Films and I can tell you right now a bit of Brad and George Clooney would go down very well with me.. ;-) Dave would probably prefer a Jason Statham boxset but that’s fine also.

So glad that your Marjorie is going to start reading Peter James books and I’ll never forget how Dead Simple sent shivers down my spine..guarantee you’ll be downloading more and you can get hold of the chronological order of the books on Am.z.n.

Look forward to hearing more of all your news and how things are going.
    Jac :heart:

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 21547

Managed to get an Iceland home delivery slot, a few things were missing but to be expected. I know the driver and his Wife who works on the checkout and had been reading on Facebook the amount of abuse they get with the store having run out of things. I left him a £20 note to split between them, he was well made up.
    I’m getting paid to do nothing and have a fair few £20 notes hiding away, not sure when the old £20 notes expire or if we will be back to normal by the time they do..
    I work with around 15 regulars, was thinking of sending them in £20 each with a note to tell them to use it toward their next shopping bill. Feel so guilty being off whilst they all go to work.
    Made a start on the painting, done all the edges last night, taking a break tonight as got a bit of a headache, may have been the paint fumes.
    Stay safe everyone and look after your loved ones… :heart:

Member since March 2008
    nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1845

Jac i’m really into the Roy Grace novels as well about 100 pages from the end of ( i think its the latest one) Dead At First Sight.
    Thanks again for a great thread and your enthusiasm for the game is infectious
    Watched IT 2 last night, great book as well as an excellent film, Stephen King plays a cameo role in the movie

Stay safe everyone :heart:

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 599 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.