The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays 2020

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Meydan Thursdays 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 599 total)
  • Author
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9291

With Meydan Dubai World Cup day still 2 weeks away thought I would have a day trip to France….

SAINT CLOUD 3.25
    Where Andre Fabre has an interesting Godolphin runner
    SOLEIL MARIN
    I had to look up his sire Kendargent who is by Kendor out of a Linamix Mare, needless to say he is a pure
    grey but Soleil Marin is a bay being out of a Montjeu mare.
    Plenty of speed in the pedigree and a good second to Ghaiyaath last year.

SOLEIL MARIN
    11/8 Paddy Power
    £15 Win

Only rival seems to be the Agha Khan’s Edisa and hoping SM’s recent outing 12 days ago where he ran half length 2nd to Zayid will have sharpened him up. :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1845

Decent little race Jac, not played so will be cheering yours on :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9291

Thanks nw :good:

Looks like The Grand National the Doncaster official start of the flat and Newmarket’s Craven Meeting could be at risk of being held behind closed doors with Government announcement this week for complete shutdown on sporting events. :unsure:

Obviously people’s health comes first but was so looking forward to the Spring meetings. :cry:

Anyway at least we can all get together on here and help cheer each other up and hope Soleil Marin will do just that. :good: Jac

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9291

Never got in with a chance..no excuses. :unsure:
    Wise not to play nw.
    Roll on Dubai World Cup Saturday
    Jac :good:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6596

I’ve already invested in Deirdre at 25/1 in the Dubai Turf, and I’m adding Ispolini at 13/2
    with Paddy Power in the Dubai Gold Cup. He’s going to have to overcome a 6month break,
    but he ran well in 2nd behind Bin Battuta after a longer break than that 1st time out
    last year here at meydan, running on well over 12f. He ran a very decent 2nd in this
    race last year, having taken it up 3f out, and perhaps set it up a bit for Cross Counter
    to mow him down in the last 1/2f. He won last time out in September in the Deutsches St
    Leger in Germany. Slight question as to why he hasn’t appeared earlier this year at Meydan,
    but he does go well fresh and perhaps this is the plan ( I hope :unsure: )

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6596

I’ve just checked and I see that Paddy Power cut Ispolini’s price to 11/2 at 7.58pm, and then to
    9/2 at 8.59pm. I posted above at 11.24pm although I placed my bet at 7pm, but it could seem a tad
    convenient and I don’t want anyone to think I’m at the madam, so I’ve copy and pasted my betslip
    for the sake of fairness.

Open Bets
    View All Bets
    Placed Name & Description Odds Stake (£) Pot. Return (£) Status
    19-Mar-20
    19:00:51 28th Mar MEYDAN Meydan 28th March
    10. Ispolini – Dubai Gold Cup (Antepost)
    PaddyPower Bet ID O/4733706/0003557
    13/2
    100.00 750.00 Open

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1845

Good luck BigG

I see Aiden O’Brien has decided not to send over any runners.

John Gosden’s Star Catcher not turning up but Lord North will run in Dubai Turf

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1845

here is the likely cards (as Emirates racing word it) we know Aiden O’Brien is not sending runners and also Star Catcher is out, but at least its something to do.lol
    Stay safe everyone
    http://dubairacingclub.com/sites/default/files/dwc_2020_likely_fields_-_march_18.pdf

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Mucho Gusto with Norwegian Will? That sounds very good to me, as I reckon this time the horse will run on his own bill without any corruption (don’t we have a puke-button here, Mr Baffert?).
    Mucho Gusto 20€ 4/1 almost invincible (in German we say unverlierbar :yahoo: )

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9291

Hi All :bye:
    Been having trouble getting on here over last few days with my computer crashing but I’m not going to say the ‘V’ word…😷

Good luck with those bets Graham :good: you didn’t need to copy over your bet but thanks for your honesty.⭐

Really happy that ITV are showing Meydan next Saturday I can’t wait for that.

Hi to nw and hein :bye: :bye: too and hope you are all keeping safe and well in these worrying times..

With all the non runners likely I’m going to keep an eye on those decs and have my bets mid week but already have a Ghaiyyath/Barney Roy Double on the go and my AP bet on Barney Roy..will have to look back on the Thread for that it seems an age ago when life was much more straighforward.

Keep safe and well and come back to plough through the card together in a few days :heart: Jac x

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1845

Will post bet (Big G style) if required got £300 on Ghaiyaath at 9/4, sorry Jac will also be backing Barney, got my eye on two double figure price ones in the Sprint. Missed all the prices in Gold Cup so probably a watching brief.
    Stay safe everyone, please take this virus seriously,my daughter is a nurse up north and she has told me how frightening it’s becoming. Plus she had to get a nice sidestepped in that now I’m 60 I’ve got to be more careful.
    Hopefully we can get a few winners between us and have an enjoyable chat on here during the week ahead :rose:

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1845

Side swipe that should say, not sidestepped. Lol

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6596

Too true nwalton, you can’t be too careful at the moment. My sis did the shopping for me and Mrs G
    and we will return the favour next time, although I’m wondering about heading back out there. We’re
    not quite in the age cut off for going out but we both have our problems…..don’t we all :whistle:

We all keep in touch to make sure we are okay, although I’m worried about my son down in London,
    he thinks he has the virus and is self isolating. Thankfully he is relatively young, well everyone
    is compared to me, and he is very fit. He feels, as he puts it “a bit sh*tty” and like he’s done 10
    rounds with Tyson Fury. He’s a BA pilot so he will need a spell away from work.

My sister’s man is one of lifes incorrigible optimists and helps to keep our spirits up. he sent this
    the other day, and although I probably shouldn’t laugh I couldn’t help myself…….

It looks like my bet on deirdre is down, it seems she is heading to the Curragh instead. Hopefully
    Ispollini will make an appearance. Looking forward to seeing all the gang on this terrific finale
    on Saturday. Good luck all :good:

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Thank you Jac :bye:
    I’d also like to say to you and the gang to stay safe and sound in these currently worrying times. Take care of yourselves and look after your health, as this is the most important thing and greatest treasure :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9291

Thank you hein for that lovely message and same to you and yours also. :rose: and to Graham and family stay safe we all need our families at this moment in time and all good wishes to your son in London, we are only 50 minutes by train outside of the city and have quite a few cases in the South East at present, it’s about time they close down the tube. :yes: one of the biggest germ infested places in London.

No need to post up your bet nw just enjoy it and hope it comes to pass. :good:

We are in a similar position to yourself nw, my husband is going to have to self isolate for the necessary time until things get better as he has had heart valve repair,fought off bowel cancer 3 years ago and has diabetes.
    I can go out, at present, but am choosing at this moment in time to stay indoors as I don’t want to risk bringing anything home. It’s going to be difficult for everyone but we must do it.

My daughter in law works for the NHS she is a District Nurse giving care in the community and I think it’s fantastic news that the Supermarkets are now opening 3 mornings from 8am-9am for NHS workers to get the supplies they need. Coming home from late shifts to find empty shelves is just downright selfishness from some people, they just need to shop for what they need and STOP stockpiling now.

No Newmarket for me until at least May and even that’s doubtful so my Badge is just sitting on the table looking almost as sad as I am. :cry: Anyway win or lose I’m pushing the boat out next Saturday so watch this space and let’s enjoy a really good days racing together…elbow bumps to all… Jac :heart:

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 599 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.