The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays 2020

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Meydan Thursdays 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 583 total)
  • Author
    Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 66

What an enigma Equilateral is …does anybody understand this horse?
    Although I wasn’t surprised by Waady’s run for me he’s always been an out & out five furlong sprinter.
    After watching yesterdays race I’ve spent plenty of time trying,unsuccessfully,to gauge what makes Equilateral tick?
    I’ve looked at from a time angle.going,distance even the number of runners involved all to no avail.With nothing really to suggest why..EXCEPT first run back from a break!
    On five occasions on return of a break of 50+ days …he’s won FOUR.The only other win registered was on racing debut as a juvenile.
    Make of it as you will and would love to know if anyone else can shed further light on the subject.
    good luck to all

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9284

All I can suggest BcK is that each time Equilateral runs for the second time after winning he has been aimed towards Group or Listed company and he just hasn’t been up to the task. :unsure:
    Just a thought that his sire Equiano had his best year as a 5yo so maybe worth giving him one more chance. That wasn’t a bad run against an in form Waady yesterday.

Interesting point. :good:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

By the way, betting at Meydan is something the King Mr Elvis Presley sang about: “We’re caught in a trap”, unless your name is Graham :bye: :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9284

Yes and we will also be singing along with Freddy 🎵 I Want To Break Free 🎵 while Graham joins The Pet Shop Boys singing 🎵Let’s Make Lots Of Money 🎵

This is for Graham…It always makes me laugh…keep on bashing those bookies Graham :good:

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Great stuff Jac, including music lyrics is always a great idea to me, and I hope we don’t need to refer to another Pet Shop Boys song with the late great Dusty Springfield (who sang Neil T. against the wall here :good: ): What have I done to deserve this? :bye: :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9284

:good: Hope to hear more next week Hein :good: more positive songs for me please. :rose:

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Right, I will probably bring on “Rockin’ all over the world” by the late great Rick Parfitt :good: (I know, his better half Francis Rossi was also involved).
    Rest in peace dear Rick, you are greatly missed :heart:
    I will never forget you, keep on rockin’ up in those clouds :rose:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6586

Thanks very much Hein, this Maydan festival and Jac’s thread I must admit have
    been very good to me. I’m a big fan of the King, and I’ll make sure I hang onto my
    winnings (at least until Cheltenham0, I don’t want it to be a case of “Return To Sender” B-)

Jac, I’m also a huge fan of The Pet Shop Boys and as long as I’m “Left To My Own Devices”
    I should be okay :good: I had a right good laugh at the film Jac, thanks for puting that
    up. I’ve not seen the film, and I’m a fan of Drayfuss, so I’ll need to hunt it down.

It’s been a great week for me, but that aside this has been a great thread with terrific
    input by so many. You were right when you mentioned before that I’m hooked on the Meydan
    meetings now, I’ll be sorry when this one is finished, but then I’ll be looking for a lot
    of the great horses we’ve seen over there making their appearance back here when the flat
    gets underway. Flat or jumps, it’s a win win situation for me now, I’m as happy with one as
    the other now :good:

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Dreyfuss was lucky in jaws, in contrast to Robert Shaw he wasn’t eaten alive :whistle:
    By the way, the German title was “der weiße Hai”, which means “the white shark”, this movie really caused empty beaches at the time..
    How fabulous Dean Martin once sang “memories are made of this” :good: :heart:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9284

LOL you two ..we’ll have to be careful or admin will send us to the Lounge with all these musical memories…great ones though :good: :good:

Graham I believe you can get the whole film for free on You Tube if it’s still streaming..just sit back for 90 minutes and guarantee you won’t stop laughing.. :yes: a true classic for racing fans.

Just two days and the first decs will be out for the final Thursday before ‘Super Saturday’…can’t wait to dip my toe but……
    ‘Don’t go in the water’
    :bye:

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Thank you for your great feedback Jac :good:
    I hope the admin is merciful as I promise not to exaggerate it :bye:

By the way I opened a threat about the Dubai Turf in big races. Is this the wrong division, as maybe it would suit better here? I would even delete it, but don’t see the possibility to do so :unsure:

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1845

Early decs up on Emirates racing.com :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9284

Thanks nw :good: bit late getting here today… here are those early decs but not making any choices yet as they usually move things around begore Thursday

Looks tricky and no real top Group horses running this week. Good luck.

http://www.emiratesracing.com/node/4?id=2981

Jac :bye:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9284

:good: Good to have a Thread in the Big Race Discussion section on the Dubai Turf Hein :good:
    Barney Roy for me. :mail:

hein bollowhein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 789

Thank you Jac for not letting me alone there :bye:
    hashtag metoo :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 583 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.