The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays 2020

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Meydan Thursdays 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 3,016 through 3,030 (of 3,209 total)
  • Author
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11092

Seeing these top horses comeback year after year is what makes NH racing for me. Brave, gutsy horses that we can watch as they progress to greatness. Lovely stuff!`

Andre what you said above a few posts back couldn’t have rung more true when lovely old Yorkhill 66/1 :heart: proved he was no understudy by winning The Rehearsal Handicap Chase at Newcastle on Saturday.

Bet we were all kicking ourselves for letting him slip through the net. :yes:

What a comeback. :yahoo:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7850

I’m black and blue Jac :wacko:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11092

Lol Graham 🤪🤣 and your not the only one.
    I bet old Willie M is ruing the day he let him go now. :yes:

Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 632

Oh gosh yes Jac – I loved seeing “the old boy” Yorkhill win another big race. I saw a short video of him rolling around in a field this morning, clearly in great shape. Lovely stuff – and yes NH racing at it’s best. I’m sure there are plenty beating themselves up – you’re not alone Graham.

Talking about the best – omg Envoi Allen is a beast. Has to be one of the best we’ve seen in years. That change of pace between the last two fences was quite something. My favorite girl runs in about 30 minutes – come home safe Honeysuckle! Gordon Elliot has won three big races at Fairyhouse with Ballyadam, Zanahiyr and EA – an embarrassment of riches. It certainly gets me excited for Cheltenham in March!

Off to cheer on Honeysuckle!!

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11092

:yahoo: Honeysuckle does it again :yahoo:
    Well done Andre and all who backed her .. :good:
    I have her in my TTF and TTTF stables and both herself and Envoi Allen in my Tote Flying Angels stable which is in the Plumpton Racecourse League..well pleased with those fantastic results.

Graham .. nice one with Ballyadam :yahoo: today..he’s doing you proud and Nathan also with Envoi Allen. :good:

Some great points for us all this weekend. :rose: Jac

Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 632

Lovely to see Honeysuckle extend her unbeaten record to nine! :yahoo: A nice points haul for those that had two or maybe even all three of Envoi Allen, Honeysuckle and Ballyadam. All 10 of my horses have run once now, with 7 winners out of 10 – I’m very happy with that start. I’m guessing it will be 3 or 4 weeks before I see most of them run again.

Glad you have them both in your ToteTTF Jac – it’s been a very good weekend for points for all of us in TTF!! :good:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11092

Well done Andre 2nd in the Tote 10 To Follow with a very useful stable of horses. :yahoo: keep going. :good:

Back to reality and looking out for the decs for Meydan on Thursday 3rd December with the hope that what we supposedly learnt from our last whitewash will help us get a few winners in.

@nwalton

Thank you Nick for nominating the Thread that means a lot. :heart:
    We’ve all had a rollercoaster of a year
    and now I just want to find the Tea Cups ride and chill out. B-)

Hope the move went ok..Jac :bye:

Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 632

Thanks Jac! I’m happy with my TTF start. :good: Of course, there’s a whole lot of racing to go, plenty of time for everyone to get point hauls. Would love to see the Meydan regulars battling it out at the finish lol.

Good luck with Meydan!

Let me know if you find the teacup ride :) that’s about all I can handle!

Stay Safe Everyone

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7850

Well done Andre with Honeysuckle, she absolutely looks the finished article.
    I think you’re onto a lot of points with her and good to see you going strong
    in the TTF :good:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11092

Some really good horses this season it’s going to get very competitive. :good:

Here is the link for Meydan Thursday runners..no draw allocated as yet but noticed a few of our choices from last time due to run again.. :good: Jac

https://www.emiratesracing.com/node/4?id=3080

Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 632

Thanks Graham. Love this contest, as you all know! It will be super competitive Jac – which makes it all the more fun! :good:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11092

Yes most definitely a super competitive season Andre…
    Back in the days when Altior was winning everything and Sprinter, Kauto Denman etc just had to turn up it was a foregone conclusion who would win.. but this season is going to be more interesting. B-)

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11092

Back to Meydan Thursday…

https://www.emiratesracing.com/node/3?id=3080#tab-12275

ZERO TO A HUNDRED drawn 1 in Race 2..this is going to be more like it.. :good:
    Jac

Nathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 23310

Looking forward to your Meydan picks tomorrow Jac,
    I’ve done Premier Power for the 6pm tonight at Kempton, only even money but looks to have a bit of potential

Member since March 2008
    Nathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 23310

beaten on the nod.. :rose:

Member since March 2008
Viewing 15 posts - 3,016 through 3,030 (of 3,209 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.