The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays 2020

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Meydan Thursdays 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 3,001 through 3,015 (of 3,209 total)
  • Author
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7851

I don’t know what was amiss with Neville’s Cross, he went off at 5/1,
    but should have been pulled up before half way, he didn’t travel at
    all. He was pulled up before 3 from home, a long way detached, I’ll
    try and see if the stable or jockey was forthcoming with any comment :unsure:

Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 632

Neville’s Cross never looked happy out there today Graham, hopefully he’s okay. He he probably should have been pulled up. I Lil Rockerfeller ran a blinder under 11st 12lbs to lose it close home.

Hope you have better luck with your bets tomorrow mate.

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7851

Thanks Andre, I’ve hit a bit of a wall of late. Hopefully tomorrow
    puts it right :scratch:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11093

Just got back and catching up with all the action. So sorry to see the horses didn’t work out for you Graham and McFabulous was disappointing for both of us considering his last run.
    Tomorrow is another day so good luck with your choices.

I’m off to catch up with the rest of the action and sort my horses out for tomorrows compys
    Best of luck.
    :rose: Jac

Thanks Nathan for your kind words about the Thread I can hardly believe it had so many views .. we must have been doing something right.
    It was down to everyone that posted here that made it what it was so big thank you from me for keeping us afloat :heart:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11093

:yahoo: Well done Andre you were so right keeping the faith with Thyme Hill. :yahoo: Your AP bets are looking good and with all those good horses running for you tomorrow you could be shooting up the Leaderboard. :good: Jac

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7851

Just following on from my comments about the Thyme Hill’s race and the pace,
    or lack of it, that was set. The 3m handicap race run 35 minutes later over
    the same 3m was run in a time nearly 5 seconds faster by the 123 rated Hill
    Sixteen. Make of that what you will :unsure:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11093

It certainly doesn’t seem to add up Graham..I’ve just watched that race and was beginning to wonder if they were going to walk the whole 3 miles..The horses must have been thinking they were out for a gentle stroll and then surprised to find they were actually required to run..it took them sometime to get into a rhythmn and some never did McFabulous almost sat down on one of the hurdles and I thought his jumping was messy and sporadic, at the end he was eased as PP passed him for 2nd place he’s better than that.

Thymne Hill, in comparison, ran a cracking race and it will be interesting to see what happens if they meet again funny ol’ day..roll on tomorrow. :whistle: Jac

Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 632

Thanks Jac!! I’m hopeful about Thyme Hill for the Stayers, he’s still improving but it’s a long season, we’ll see what happens. Graham made a good point about the pace of the race too.

I’ll happily take a few more winners tomorrow. Hopefully you guys will get some points too.

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11093

:good: Hope you’re right Andre :good:
    and thank you for nominating our Meydan Thread :heart: Jac

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7851

Just betting those I have mentioned, which are the 3 im my Pick 3 competition,
    but I’ll do my reserves too. the 1st 1 is about to run at Newcastle

12.20 Newcastle – ACDC 22/1 Paddy power

he used to be a fair horse but kind of lost his way. he’s been tumbling
    down the weights, and if he has kept any of his old form he would have a
    shout here. I’ve done him E/W 3 places.

Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 632

Good Luck with your bets today Graham!

My last two in the Pick 3 Contest are 1:50 Newb – Tea Clipper & 3:35 Newb – Zanza & my last two reserves 3:00 Newb – Aye Right & 3:15 Newc – The Butcher Said With the way my picks have been performing lately, I’d stay far away!

Notched a few points in TTF with Monkfish. Epatante to go in the Fighting Fifth.

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7851

Well done Jac and Andre, Epatante looked superb. I thought (hoped) that
    she might need the race, but she was absolute class. That’s a great one
    to have as your star horse Jac. Well done guys :yahoo:

Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 632

Thanks Graham! The way she easily accelerated passed Sceau Royal was so impressive. A lovely horse and a great selection for your star horse Jac, well done.

Seeing these top horses comeback year after year is what makes NH racing for me. Brave, gutsy horses that we can watch as they progress to greatness. Lovely stuff!

Nathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 23310

Jac,
    Well done with Staring Epatante, she’ll score you lots of points I reckon.. :yahoo:
    a suitable replacement for Bristol Di Mai

I thought Monkfish looked a potential star today aswell over at Fairyhouse, could be a Gold Cup horse next year

Member since March 2008
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11093

Thanks Graham, Andre and Nathan..over the moon with the way Epatante performed today she truly is a gutsy mare and on course for the Christmas Hurdle according to Nicky Hendrson. Yes a good substitute for BDM Nathan I feel better now. :rose:
    Shudder to think what could have happened when Not So Sleepy stopped dead and refused to jump dislodging his jockey and running Silver Streak out of the race. Thank goodness all came through that unscathed.

Well done also with Monkfish Andre a nice little points booster today and your lovely Honeysuckle is running tomorrow.

Somehow I managed to find the winner of the Ladbroke Trophy Cloth Cap 9/1 but didn’t have a bean on him..still a few points in Neil’s compy is a bonus. Thought he jumped like a stag and I’m going Grand National AP route on him.

Best of luck tomorrow all my select 3 down the pan at Wolverhampton today. Hope you all did better haven’t checked yet. :rose:

Jac :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 3,001 through 3,015 (of 3,209 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.