The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays 2020

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Meydan Thursdays 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 2,986 through 3,000 (of 3,209 total)
  • Author
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11098

Yes it is a sobering thought Andre.
    Personally I wouldn’t want to be going to a spectator sport, the cinema, theatre or flying anywhere this side of March. I was more looking torward the start of the Cheltenham Festival when hopefully a vaccine programme would be in place.
    You’re so right being concerned..
    The last thing we want is to catch this wretched virus just when there is a glimmer of hope on the horizon. :rose:

Good luck with Thyme Hill on Friday although I’ll be cheering McFabulous home, it should be an exciting contest. :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7855

It is great news about racing resuming Jac, although like you I’m still a bit
    concerned that they are still holding a tiger by the tail with this covid 19
    virus. It’s so difficult being sensible when you’re like a kid in an old fashioned
    sweetie shop looking up at all the jars of goodies. I’d need to feel sure that they
    had things well under control, and hopefully I’ll have had a jab or 2 before that,
    before I’d consider putting myself, and others at risk.

Like you I’m looking forward to seeing McFabulous on Friday, he’s my star horse in
    Bob’s TTF. I’m more frightened by Andre’s Thyme Hill than I am Paisley Park who
    looked as if he had lost something last time at Cheltenham. It’s a cracking race
    and despite not giving Paddy much to be concerned about over the past couple of
    weeks I’m enjoying the racing just as much (well almost :whistle: ).

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11098

I was thinking of making McFabulous my star horse Graham but then I decided on Epatante as I loved her feisty attitude. Both exciting prospects and it looks as though we all have something to look forward to this long weekend and hopefully lots of points for all. :yes: Jac

Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 633

It will be an exciting race for sure! McFabulous was on my short list, I just like Thyme Hill a little more. They decided to keep him over hurdles for a reason – we’ll see if they were right :) I agree with you Graham, I think Paisley Park has lost something based on his run at Cheltenham. If he’s back to his best – it will add another level to the race!

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11098

Before the big guns kick off tomorrow, just one small bet at Chelmsford tonight…

Taking on the odds on favourite Australis with Mark Johnston’s filly although not confident that she will stay the 1m6f I am puzzled as to why he would run her over this distance..but surely wouldn’t travel all that way just for the air. B-)

6.00 Chelmsford .. Class 2 .. 1m 6f

TULIP FIELDS .. 4/1 (Best Price) .. WIN

Cosmelli .. 13/1 (Enhanced odds-best price) .. EW

Tulip Fields
    Cosmelli
    Reverse Forecast

Just have a feeling the fav may struggle here, as is yet to win at Class 2 level, so taking the chance on Tulip Fields.

Very quiet week but it’s all hotting up for the weekend :good: can’t wait.
    Good luck with your bets..
    Jac
    :bye:

Nathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 23314

Just had the last winner at Chelmsford so doing a Lone Fighter/Ghalyoon Double

Member since March 2008
    Nathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 23314

The winner was impressive on debut for Stoute. Lone Fighter never really got into it after a slow start
    good luck with yours later, jac

Member since March 2008
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11098

Well done with your winner Nathan. Shame about Lone Fighter he looked a nice sort sure there will be better days for him

Oh well I got it right about the favourite being beaten just didn’t choose the right horse.
    However thought Tulip Fields put up a great fight, she looked so tiny against Australis turning the final bend but finally Battle Of Marathon had more in the tank and came sailing past both of them. Even though I lost I enjoyed watching that race. :good:

Good luck with your runners tomorrow Nathan. Hoping it will be a McFabulous day
    :bye: Jac

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7855

Some great racing tomorrow and Saturday and I’m pleased that the few ante
    posts I’ve got all still stand their ground.

Obviously McFabulous 11/4 William Hill as we’ve all been
    going on about him for a while now. He gets the chance to show he’s as good
    as we hope.

3.00 Newbury Neville’s Cross I took him at 10/1 Bet365 a
    few days back (in ante post thread). He’s best priced 13/2 now. He’s progressive
    and went up 21 lbs in the space of 2 months. The Cheltenham race, after 2 wins,
    maybe was a bit quick, but he’s had a month off so should be back in the kind of
    form that saw him run up a double.

Onto Saturday and my nap at this time would be the biggest of the treble i’ve
    got on……

3.00 Newbury – Potterman 20/1 Betvictor 5 places
    I think that’s huge price from BV, and it still stands. He’s not been out
    the 1st 2 in his last 4 and I thought he ran a great race last time out in
    the Badger Beer only going down a shd to El Presente. He’s finished strong
    in all his last few races and I think the extra furlong is to his advantage
    and he’s also due to go up 5lbs. I think this is the time to catch him.

2.05 Newcastle Sceau Royal 11/2 Unibet
    There’s no doubting that Epatante has been all the rage, she doesn’t have
    much to prove being the Champion Hurdle winner and only beaten once in her
    last 8 add to that that she gets 7lbs off the rest of them but….but ….
    but… :unsure: oh yes!, she’s not run for 263 days whereas Sceau Royal
    won easily 3 weeks ago and is race fit. There, I knew there was a valid
    reason I’d deserted her :yes: but of course Epatante has only gone and won
    the last 3 times after a long break….ok, enough !! :wacko: . If I’m honest,
    that was the arguement that was going on in my head for ages pouring over this
    one, but seriously, Sceau Royal looked like he was going to be top class until
    the last year or so, when you just knew he was going to find nothing on the run
    in. Low and behold he gets a wind operation in the close season, and wins the
    Welsh Champion Hurdle and the Unibet Elite Hurdle in the last couple of months
    in the style of the horse he always threatened to be. I don’t know why they
    hadn’t thought of this earlier, but he’s been a revalation. He’s 8, but I think
    he’s on the up again.

1.50 Newbury Christopher Wood 10/1 Bet365

Ran a nice race last time out in 3rd at Bangor when looking like he needed it
    at the end. Harry Cobden has deserted him for Amour De Nuit, but I fancy Bryony
    to get a better tune out of him this time.

They will do me for tomorrow anyway, I’ll probably have another couple to add
    on Saturday.

Well done with your winner at Chelmsford Nathan, I like the look of the next
    couple of days, I hope we can all get in on the act :good:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11098

Great post Graham :good: and I’ll certainly be cheering them all home for you especially McFabulous today.
    Of could I would have the biggest smile on my face if Epatante could win tomorrow, with her being my star horse, but I think Sceau Royale may give her something to think about so a brilliant race in prospect.
    Been waiting all week for some decent racing and like the no.8 bus they all come at once.

Thank you so much for nominating Meydan Thursdays on the TRF awards I’ve so enjoyed our time together throughout these awful times and somehow we all managed to get to know each other so much better, have a bit of fun with our bets and I found a series on Netflix that I absolutely loved Money Heist, oh yes and Mrs BigG found Roy Grace.
    Peter James has a new one out now and I have already ordered it for my hubs for his tree present. :good:

The Thread didn’t start out to end up as a ‘Social Lifejacket’ as you so perfectly described it Graham, but it kind of evolved that way once the awful pandemic started to set in. It became a place to meet up through worrying times for our families and where we could put up a few random bets which at one point looked as though you had that trip to The Masters next year sewn up Graham, you were putting in double figures all over the shop and you’re not a bad golf tipster either. :whistle:

Totally agree with your Pat Smullen hero of the year nomination, he will be mine also, I’ll get some together to submit over the weekend.

Looking forward to the Meydan carnival starting in January and fingers crossed that a new Goldolphin competition will materialise for us taking us into March for the Dubai World Cup and hopefully better times ahead regarding crowds returning to the racecourse.

Be lucky everyone and bash those bookies this weekend. :heart: Jac

Nathan Hughes
    • Total Posts 23314

Well done BigG in nominating this thread in the awards
    I would have done so myself later on if no-one else had.. :good:
    Looks a good race later, I’ve got Paisley Park in the 10 to follow teams so will be cheering him on although they could have started him off in something not quite so hot :rose:

Member since March 2008
    Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 633

A very nice write-up on your selections Graham. Hope a few of them get their nose in front at the line for you!

I’ll be closely watching my TTF horses this weekend as five of my remaining six are scheduled to run. Well only four are left, as I took a bot of a chance on a “well hyped” horse in Flinteur Sacre! He ran very green, and looked like he has a lot of maturing to do. Of course, we all need a couple to toss out in Feb – so he’s on the short list already. Thyme Hill is my hope for points today – up against your McFabulous! Hope we see a great race. Epatante, Envoi Allen, Honeysuckle & Monkfish also run for me this weekend.

Glad you nominated Meydan Thursdays in TRF Awards thread. I plan on doing the same when I pull a few other names/thoughts together later this weekend. This thread has been a bright ray of sunshine and hope in dismal times around the world. Some lovely friendships and just down right good people on here.

Good Luck with all your bets this weekend!

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7855

Well done Andre with Thyme Hill, he looks very decent and was tough at the
    finish. If I’m honest I thought it was a bit of a dog’s dinner of a race,
    nobody would take it on until Honest Vic took it up. It slowed down again
    and after a bit Robbie Power had had enough and sent Vision Des Flos on.
    They did pick up a bit but I don’t know if I’d call this a true 3m test.
    No harm to Thyme Hill, he won this quite comfortably in the end and looks
    a lovely horse, but they’ll all have to go a lick harder in the Stayers.

Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 633

Thanks Graham :yahoo: – I’ll take the points for the TTF & had him @ 13/2 in the AP contest for this race, so I’m happy. I also took 12/1 for the Stayers.

It was a very muddling race until Vision Des Flos took off. I’d expect to see a much tougher test of stamina in the Stayers in March and I have a feeling the top three will meet again once or twice before then. I think Thyme Hill had something in hand at the finish which gives me hope he’ll keep improving.

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7855

Well done again Andre, that’s a triple win for you there, a 13/2 winner,
    BIG points in the TTF and 12/1 looks HUGE now for the Stayers Hurdle as
    he’s best priced 11/2. That’s what I call a good afternoon :good:

Jac, you’re very welcome with the nomination, this thread has been a great
    punting source, with great competitions to keep us going, and a refuge against
    the cold harsh wind of Covid 19. It’s a pleasure to put it forward :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 2,986 through 3,000 (of 3,209 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.