The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays 2020

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Meydan Thursdays 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 2,971 through 2,985 (of 3,028 total)
  • Author
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7728

I love that Jac, I could visualise Father Ted damning and blasting about
    the cheek of trying to get a bet on without any cash in your account 🤬

I was thinking of you Jac when Bristol De Mai ran them all ragged at Haydock.
    I know how you feel about deserting one that you’ve championed for so long.
    I’ve been through the same myself (Unowhatimeanharry and Defi De Seuil to name
    but 2 :wacko: ) but I know you would be more than pleased to see him win well
    and come home safe.

I’m not sure where he will head next year, but I wasn’t over pleased to read
    that Darl Jacob seemed to be suggesting that this would be the year for him to
    head to the National. He’s as brave as they come, but with 39 other horses all
    vying for position anything can happen. I’d rather he headed for the Gold Cup
    again, although I’d avoid the Cotswold Chase, where he was 2nd behind Santini
    earlier this year before heading to the Gold Cup. I think that’s a hard race
    to take in late January, It seems they have ruled out the King George but I’d
    rather see him head there, even though it is right handed. I think he was going
    well when he so uncharacteristically knuckled on landing at the 9th. That being
    the only time he’s ever fallen and even if he didn’t win the KG it gives a decent
    break befoe the GC, the route he took when 3rd 2 years back.

He will be 10 by then and admittedly you have to go back over 20 years for the
    last 10 year old that won the GC, Cool Dawn in 1998. Desert Orchid was another
    winner at 10 as was Charter Party and Cool Ground. I’d love Bristol De Mai to
    finish off his career with a win there. I’ve got my name on the Jockey Club list
    for a call if and as soon as tickets are released for Gold Cup day, but I think
    it’s a very slim chance that it will be on sale to the public. I’ll be happy enough
    to watch it from the comfort, and safety, of my armchair.

A couple of nice ones to watch at Navan today, far to short to back but Farouke
    D’Alene in the 1210 and Minella Indo in the 2.20 should take care of business with
    the minimum of fuss :good:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10840

Your so right about me worrying more about Bristol De Mai’s wellbeing.
    I was thinking he might not be the horse he was last year because NTD hadn’t been blowing his trumpet about him winning Triple Crowns etc.
    Now you say they may aim him at the Grand National..that is a definite Don’t do it from me also and the Gold Cup although with it’s quirks for him, would be the ideal way to finish off the year. I really don’t like the new fast fences and much preferred the old style where horses had a chance to weigh them up and think about it and if they refused then so be it, the horse wasn’t up to the jump. I think with the new style so called safer jumps they go too fast and there will be mistakes and falls, I would hate for BDM or any horse to get brought down by another horse and pay the price. Still a while to go and maybe they will see sense.

Good luck with getting the Golden Ticket to the Gold Cup and Cheltenham Graham I know how much you love that meeting and were lucky enough to just slip through the net last year before the dreaded Covid raised it’s ugly head. It will then all bode well for the Flat Season kicking off and the Craven Meeting going ahead which will be around 2nd week in April :heart: lots for us to look forward too.

Will be watching out at Navan in a few minutes for Farouke D’Arlene and cheering home Minella Indo for Andre also as he has him in his TTF. :good: I think Shiskin is running tommorrow so that is going to be interesting I believe the world and his wife will be aboard. ;-) The TTF and TTTF are really keeping my interest in racing alive at present and I’m really getting back into enjoying the NH again, it’s great to see the characters come back year after year and then to ponder who may be the new kid on the block that will blow them all away like Honeysuckle last season…never a dull moment.

Meydan also, although low key at the moment and I know we did our cash last Thursday, but it’s a challenge I’m determined to get to the bottom of and enjoying the struggle.. (I think).

Anyway race almost about to start so good luck with our horses today and this week. :bye: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 566

I got a good laugh at your “almost crazy bet” story Graham. That would have been very painful & hard to explain. Glad it worked out in the end.

They’re crazy if they send BDM to the National. If they do, it’s nothing but greed. BDM is a legend and owes them nothing at all. I’m with you – send him to Kempton and then let him take another run at Chetltenham. The National is a cavalry charge nowadays, too dangerous in my opinion.

Appreciate It got me off the mark in the TTF contest, with Minella Indo to go in about an hour. I’m glad you are rekindling your passion for NH racing Jac. Seeing horses we love year after year, like Honeysuckle, BDM, etc etc is what elevates it for me.

Good Luck with your bets if you have any today.

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10840

Great to be off the mark Andre :good: and fingers tightly crossed for Minella Indo off soon.

Wolverhampton 2.15

The Thunderer. 28/1 (best price) .. EW

Hollie Doyle rides this son of Gleneagles by a Danehill mare
    Trained by Botti…

Has the short priced Godolphin horse to beat but Hollie Doyle could get this well bred newcomer into a place at least…off soon.. :bye:

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22952

Well done with the place money on The Thunderer Jac,
    I think he done a lot wrong so has plenty of potential to do better

Member since March 2008
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10840

Thanks Nathan..He paid about 11/2 for the place. :good:

Was very impressed with him once he got going, doing it all the hard way on the outside (drawn 8) and he was eating up the ground at the finish to nab 3rd place staying on well.

Hollie gave him a great ride and as you say more to come..
    The Thunderer..
    goes into the Notebook. :mail:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10840

Well done Andre :yahoo:
    Appreciate It & Minella Indo your star horse have you racing up the TTF leaderboard. :yahoo:

Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 566

Well done with The Thunderer Jac, a nice little payout. Trust in Hollie :)

Thanks Jac – It’s good to get some points on the board, with a nice double on the day and my star horse! :yahoo:

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22952

Nice one Andre
    my star horse Shishkin runs at Kempton tomorrow. He was very popular but I was the only one to star him
    If he goes the same way as Altior did in his novice season he could take in 4 runs before Cheltenham

Member since March 2008
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7728

Very nice E/W shout with The Thunderer Jac :yahoo:

I had to nip out so I haven’t seen Minella Indo’s race yet, but well done
    Andre for having him in your TTF and your star horse :yahoo: , he looks
    like the type that will run up a hatrick pretty quickly :good:

Good luck with Shiskin tomorrow Nathan, he’s one of mine (along with half the
    world) too. I think it was a smart move you put your star on him :good:

Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 566

Thanks Nathan. Good Luck with Shiskin, he could well run up a nice streak as you say. I’m one of the few who doesn’t have him in my 10.

Graham – he’s had a couple of easy races so far, so I’m hoping they’ll get a couple more good wins out of him before Cheltenham.

Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 566

It’s going to be a big week for TTF, with a lot of top horses running. I think I have five going this week.

I saw BDM is going to be rested till late Jan, before going for the Cotswold Chase.

Good Luck with this week, and stay safe everyone!

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10840

Thanks for the update on BDM Andre he only usually makes about 3 appearances in a season, hope he enjoys his rest
    and comes back all guns firing. :heart:

Well done to Nathan for making Shishkin his star horse, a great confidence boosting win for him today and to all who followed
    him :yahoo:
    Plenty more to come.

Yes lots of TTF horses running this week I have Mcfabulous on Friday and Saint Roi, Honeysuckle and Epatante over the weekend.. :good: Exciting to see how they get on.
    Best of luck
    Jac :bye:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10840

Looks like you might be on for that Gold Cup ticket Graham.. :yahoo:
    Spectators bring allowed back after 2nd December in England albeit in restricted numbers to begin with.

What a year it’s been for us all. :wacko:

Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 566

It’s interesting timing, that with cases surging, that they’d choose to allow spectators in, even in limited number now. I’m happy for the fans and those that work in those industries, everyone needs a little normalcy. I just question the timing somewhat. A vaccine isn’t that far away.

Here in the US the pandemic is out of control – people will gather all over the country for Thanksgiving (this Thursday), despite serious/dire warnings, and cases will surge even higher by Christmas. It’s just scary.

Non-Racing Rant Over. (Sorry) Normal discussions can continue.

I’ve grabbed some 12/1 for Thyme Hill for the Stayers Hurdle in March. If he can win on Friday, which I think he could (as he’s in my TTF) then those odds will be cut in half.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,971 through 2,985 (of 3,028 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.