The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays 2020

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Meydan Thursdays 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 2,956 through 2,970 (of 3,009 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22938

I’m off the mark in TRF 10 to Follow with Ferny Hollow also had him in the tote one
    Your horse ran well Euro and will win races this season for sure

a couple things

skybet are giving a £5.00 freebet if you bet 5p at over 1/2 odds in the Spurs/City game. The free bet is non expiry and can be bet on anything.
    Betfair are giving an exchange free £5.00 on the betfair chase
    double check in case you have to hit an opt in

Also the nomination thread for TRF awards is now up on the horse racing section of the forum

Member since March 2008
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10827

Well done with Ferny Hollow Nathan :yahoo: together with Andre you had the forecast sorted today. :good:

Will look out on PP for the freebet offer I did quite well with my last one.

Hoping for a good run from Lost In Translation for the Tote 10 To Follow and hoping BDM will forgive me for deserting him this year. :heart:
    Jac

Can’t believe the TRF awards are here already .. how that year has flown by.

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10827

In the end went for Main Fact in the Stayers Graham..just had to stick with him until he’s beaten. The Jam Man is very well supported and will take all the beating. :rose:

Right behind you in the TRF comps tonight Andre..best of luck for a good day tomorrow. :good: Jac

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7721

Nicely done with Fenry Hollow Nathan and Bob Olinger looks very decent too
    Andre. It became a 2 horse race, with 15 running, from a long way out. I reckon
    both will add points to your TTF stables :good:

The 2 I’m most interested in today are 2 that I have ante post for the Festival.
    If they are to have a chance of getting there they would probably have to win
    today.

Itchy Feet 2.05 Ascot (just started)

The Jam Man 2.25 Ascot

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7721

He’s turning into a bit of a frustrating horse Itchy Feet. Olly Murphy needs
    to get his jumping sorted out, he could have won the Old Road Chase last time
    out barring a few iffy jumps and he walked through a few late on today giving
    away ground each time. To his credit he ran on again after the last to take 2nd
    5L behind Imperial Aura. I’m not saying he would have won, but he lost more that
    5L at his jumps. If they can sort it out between now and Cheltenham I think he
    would have a good shout in the Ryanair.

The Jam Man’s race just started hope I have more luck with him :good:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10827

Oooof … amazing run by Main Fact turning into a bit of a freak 9 wins in a row..what next for him? :rose:

The Jam Man just not a going day today Graham but he’ll be back. :good: Jac

Hope Wholestone is ok..any news?

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10827

So happy for Bristol De Mai :heart:
    and all horses home safely.

Can’t help feeling sad for deserting him..you know that feeling Graham.
    What a superb race he ran..sorry for the Lostintranslation connections no idea why he ran so badly.
    Another tough lesson learnt. :mail:
    Jac

Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 560

I agree Nathan/Big G – Bob Ollinger should pick up a few wins along the way, as long as he doesn’t have to race against Ferny Hollow.

What a finish by Main Fact – well done Jac! I hope you had a few pounds on him! My horse in the competition got pulled up. I am the kiss of death for horses in that contest, well and the Pick 3!

Oh Jac – your beloved BDM ran a cracking race – I was cheering him home, at least once LostinTranslation looked beat. He was so disappointing, never looked good. Not the best start in the TTF contest for me. Hoping for better tomorrow.

If you haven’t seen the ride by Bridget Andrews on Robin Gold in the 1:30 Ascot go take a look. I thought it was a great ride – curious as to what you think.

No luck for you Graham. Itchy Feet is frustrating and The Jam Man never looked in it.

Laurina never looked happy in running. I’m no sure she will ever get back to her best. I think they ruined her by persisting with her over fences last year. The winner, Song for Someone, looked good.

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10827

Yes had a small bet on Main Fact today Andre :good: was going to Nap him in the Select 3 today and then decided to go for flat horses at Wolverhampton ..Hollie Doyle riding a Frankel filly Beloved who caught my eye and Michael Stoute and Godolphin -Charlie Appleby have runners Clinician and Romantic Song..have done them all to win and in a Trixie.

I’ll take a look at Robin Gold in that Ascot race Andre..report back later. :good:

Better luck in the TTF tomorrow :good:
    My star horse Epatante runs next week..can’t wait to see her she’s a real feisty character ;-)

Meanwhile off to lick my wounds over deserting BDM with the help a large cup of Tea and a few handfuls of bourbon biscuits.. ;-) Jac

Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 560

I think a large handful of biscuits should ease your pain Jac! Epatante is in my TTF as well. Hoping for big things from her too!

Will keep an eye on your flat selections. Good Luck

The 13yo Perfect Candidate wins at Haydock. Loved seeing the veteran get another win.

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10827

I enjoyed that too Andre. Lovely old boy. :heart:

Just watched that 1.30 Ascot on Sporting Life replays and wow Bridget Andrews was so cool..I got the impression that Dan Skelton had told her to just sit tight and let the horse dictate his own pace..he jumped one of those hurdles as if he was in the Gold Cup and it was a hands and heels ride all the way to the finish. :good:
    Perfect.. Well done to Bridget and Robin Gold.. :rose: Jac
    Thanks for highlighting that one Andre . :good:

Seeing Epatante gallop alongside Altior another magic moment today ..I think she’ll do us proud. :heart:

Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 560

I thought Bridget rode a brilliant race…. love seeing hands and heels to coast to a win on the line.

I think so too Jac, and as your star horse I hope she hauls for you!

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7721

Well it’s been a day like that old Status Quo track, Down Down, Deeper and Down :wacko:

It’s not been the best couple of weeks for me, I’m not moaning we all have barren
    patches with betting, and expect to have them, so it’s part and parcel and I’ll
    just get on with it.

I agree with the ride of Bridget Andrews on Robin Gold, it was a classy
    performance. However, just to temper that a little, I had bet one of my Select
    3 Horses reserves. Amoola Gold at 8/1 in the 3.17 at Ascot. Bridget travelled
    behind them but still had enough horse that she looked like she would reel in
    the eventual winner, First Flow, only for her to drop her whip before the last
    and to go down by an ever deminishing neck. It’s just as well she was out of
    earshot :whistle: Anyway, after timing at it’s best but hey ho, I did catch
    Wonderwall at 100/30 in the last so all was not lost.

I’ll give you a laught though, when I was on Bet365 and putting on a bet, I
    mistakenly entered my security code, a 3 figured code starting with 7 in the
    bet space and before I realised I had entered it twice, I pressed the button :wacko:
    I let out an audable gasp and Mrs G asked whatever was the matter, to which I
    replied I had a twinge in my back but it was okay now :whistle: In Bet365 you
    can pick your horse and if youu don’t have cash in your account you have the
    option to pay it in and bet in 1 go. Fortunately for me I had put it in before
    I put the bet on, otherwise a 3 figure sum would be floating down the Suwannee
    to Bet365 HQ :cry: Try explaining that one :unsure: I’ll need to wait for the
    3-5 days before it appears back in.

So ups and down and plenty ooh’s and ahh’s, but that’s what racing is all about,
    and I love it :rose:

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22938

Yes great stuff from Bridget … :good:
    ala Carberry, Richard Hughes and Jamie Spencer

Always the way Jac when you desert one they pop up and make us look silly, we’ve all been there
    Daryll Jacob certainly enjoyed the result

Member since March 2008
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10827

Yes Nathan agreed .. I feel it every time I see the replay and the result and wish I had kept the faith..however I am so glad that he proved me wrong and did win and all horses came home safely.. :heart: x

Graham well done with your eventual winners and you made me laugh with relief about your slip of the fingers on your Bet365 Account..you could have seen all your profits and next years trip to The Masters fly out the window in one swoop..just shows how careful you have to be placing a bet.
    Guarantee you won’t do that again.

If I had done that on Paddy Power with no credit they would have immediately flashed up a warning along the lines…For fecks sake who do you think we are the fecking Bank Of Ireland..get away with the fairies and put some money in your Account you eejit.
    B-)

Lol couldn’t resist putting my Father Ted hat on there and my grandaddy did come from County Kildare so I’m allowed.. ;-)
    Jac

Viewing 15 posts - 2,956 through 2,970 (of 3,009 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.