The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays 2020

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Meydan Thursdays 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 578 total)
  • Author
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9279

HURRAY… :yahoo:
    Managed to Restore my old post …Jac :good:

Profit+£2.65

Looks like a day for favourites but possibly one o two surprises in the placings to get us a bit in profit.

2.30 .. Dubai Millenium Stakes .. (Group 3) Turf .. 1 mile
    Hard to look any further than…..
    GHAIYYATH – 1/3 Favourite
    Charilie Appleby has stated that this will be a prep race for Ghaiyyath for the Dubai Sheema Classis and he runs so well fresh it will give him a chance to rest between this race and Super Saturday and Meydan World Cup Day on 28th March.
    Spotify (now gelded) won this last year by a head from Racing History and James Doyle is on board again.
    Royal Meeting was disappointing last time out, 5th to Glorious Journey (Group 2) and is not proven at the distance.
    Not a betting race but GHAIYYATH is first to run in my Accumulator.

3.05 .. Jaguar XE H’cap – Turf – 1 mile
    A really tricky race…
    Major Partnership is proving unreliable and strangely Pat Cosgrove has deserted him to ride Noivodo.
    Good Fortune didn’t quite get home in his last race at Meydan when he was 3rd to Salute The Soldier and Land of Legends (who runs later in the day) but I’m taking a chance with….
    Sheikh Hamdam’s
    MOQTARREB– 8/1 who had a wide draw and was ridden from the rear with little chance of getting on terms and has be be given a chance to better himself.

MOQTARREB – 8/1 William Hill – £5 Win

3.40 – UAE OAKS (Group3) – Fillies – Dirt
    DUBAI LOVE – Evens
    Progressing with every run she can again hold of the challenge of Down on Da Bayou who didn’t seem to stay out the mile last time This is a big step up for both fillies but Dubai Love should again prove superior. :good:
    The Japanese filly Serein should run a big race here but have to go with Dubai Love.

DUBAI LOVE – Evens – William Hill – £10 Win

4.15 – Zabeel Mile – (Group 2) – Turf – 1 Mile
    DREAM CASTLE – 4/1 Coral – extra £10 Win …. £20 at 7/4 last night with Paddy Power (bet not put on but will stand along with this extra £10 at 4/1.

Seems Paddy Power rushed in early last night to price Dream Castle up at 7/4 as they were probably thinking that he would go off favourite but it seems that Mythical Magic has, at the moment, taken that honour.
    Dream Castle was declarerd to run initially in the Dubai Millenium against Ghaiyyath but was quickly switched to this race which is more within his comfort zone. He ran such a big race against Barney Roy last time the two pulling away from the rest of the field I think he is the obvious choice here to winl
    Mythical Magic is following in the same hoofprint as last year with two races one placed and winning the 2019 Zabeel Mile. My loyalties remain with Dream Castle and wouldn’t be surprised to see him revert back to favourite tomorrow.

DREAM CASTLE – £20 at 7/4 Paddy Power and extra £10 Win at 4/1 with Corals

4.50 .. Meydan Sprint (Group 2) Sprint – Turf
    Not a day for big price winners…
    EQUILATERAL
    Very impressive when beating Waady home last time out and impossible for me to back against him tomorrow.
    He is the last horse to run in my Accumulator (if I’m luck and it is still going).
    I am going for a big price each way and…
    CASPIAN PRINCE seems a massive price with the talented Ben Curtis taking the ride. :good:

CASPIAN PRINCE .. 25/1 – William Hill
    £5 Each Way

5.25 – Range Rover Velar _ H’cap – (Dirt) – 7 furlongs

No bet in this race.
    Midnight Sands seems to hold all the Aces. :good:

6.00 ..Jaguar F PACE (H’cap) – Turf – 1 Mile

One last chance for my old favourite …
    DUBAI LEGACY..Who I am convinced has one good race to run at least and surprisingly Christophe Soumillon has chosen to ride him over Land Of Legends (who has yet to win at a mile) in this.

DUBAI LEGACY .. £10 Win .. 6/1 Ladbrokes

Not really looking a meeting for big price winners tommorrow.
    Look forward to seeing Graham’s picks later and hearing from Hein, nw and anyone who thinks they can beat the bookies here tomorrow…Jac :bye:

Will add up my bets later.

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1843

First bet for tomorrow is old fav Firmament kept the 123. 1/4
    odds instead of 1234. Took the 4s ew as we no he normally runs his race.
    In the Zabeel ( although the 4s is tempting on Dream Castle) I have come down on the side of a possible improver Zakouski at 15/8.
    I can’t see a bet in the Sprint with Equilateral looking an improved performer last time out, but at 2s on not for me.
    In the last I have had a very small ewes bet on Dubai Legacy at 6s this time I have gone 1st 4 .
    Good luck all and Jac hurry up and sort you battery out so I can read you thoughts. Lol. :rose:

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1843

Beat me to it Jac :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9279

All done nw have managed to restore it and have just posted above you…
    Just cooking dinner so back later… :bye:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9279

Best of luck with your bets nw and glad to see we are both siding with Dubai Legacy for the ‘lucky last’.

I can’t believe 4/1 Dream Castle and sticking with him, it was that run alongside Barney Roy that clinches it for me, although respect Mythical Magic very much and yes Zakouski is an improver as you mention but I thought he was a bit outclassed here by the other two but could be wrong.

Looking forward tomorrow. :good: Good luck. Jac :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9279

Summary of my bets tomorrow…
    £10 Accumulator…(courtesy of Paddy Power early prices) :unsure:
    Ghaiyyath 1/3
    Dubai Love Evens
    Dream Castle 7/4
    Equilateral 4/9

Also taken early ..
    4.15 .. Dream Castle 7/4 ..£20 Win
    Later took ..Dream Castle 4/1 . £10 Win

3.05 ..Moqtarreb 8/1 ..£5 Win
    3.40 .. Dubai Love Evens .. £10 Win
    4.50 .. Caspian Prince 25/1 . £5 EW
    6.00 .. Dubai Legacy 6/1 .. £10 Win

£75.00 Staked
    C/f Profit +£2.65

Didn’t feel so confident to go in large this week Hein after Paddy Power’s awful pricing up on Dream Castle and having to bet on him twice….
    making a profit this week might really decide on how well Dream Castle runs..live and learn and fingers tightly crossed..Jac :bye:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9279

Just seen your earlier posts Hein and don’t know an awful lot about Almond Eye at present. However, I would say, the shape Barney Roy is in at the moment it will take an exceptional horse to pass him so she’s going to have to be on top form. :heart:

How true Lost Soldier’s words ring with regard to the PP organisation. I won’t fall for that again…just hope Dream Castle lives up to my own expectations in light of his improved run last time. :good:
    Jac

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6584

Hi Jac and all, looking forward to another Thursday which would be a boring midweek
    day but for the magic of Meydan :good:

2.30 Ghaiyyath

Not a betting race for me, I can’t see anything in the race even threatening him so
    I’ll just enjoy watching him win.

3.05Cliffs of Capri 25/1 E/W 4 places Paddy Power

He ran here last month and his nose wasn’t that far off the ground when he came
    out the stalls and he was playing catch up after that. He didn’t quite fall out
    them last time, earlier this month, but he was slow from a wide draw and had to
    tack over behind them. Tadhg O’Shea wasn’t hard on him when he wasn’t going to
    get involved. The thing is he did exactly that last year, 2 races where he didn’t
    feature, and then he ran a belter finishing best of all in this race, a fast
    closing 1/2L 3rd behind Major Partnership. I’m hoping they had eyes on this again
    and it doesn’t hurt that he’s come down to a mark 6lbs shy of last year’s.

3.40 Dubai Love 11/10 Paddy Power

I can’t for the life of me understand how she is odds against. There seems to be
    money come for Serein, but I don’t see her as a great danger. I can see this being
    a repeat of her last race with Down On Da Bayou taking the lead and being cut down
    by DL late on. It’s not very often I back a short priced favourite, but it seems a
    good bet to me.

4.15 Zakouski 2/1 + Salute The Soldier 14/1 (plus f/c)

Albeit that Buick has opted for Mythical Magic, I think Zakouski was impressive last
    time out. I think he will come on for the race, and the 4 year old is open to more
    improvement than his more fancied stablemate. He should win, but I kept mulling over
    the chances of Salute The Soldier, and I thought it was a really gutsy performance
    last time. I wouldn’t rule him out taking a hand in this and as I kept going back
    to him, I suppose a gut feeling, I’d kick myself if he got his head in front so I’m
    taking him as a saver (as Ginger would say B-) )

4.50 Angel Alexander14/1 Bet365

There’s no doubting that Equilateral is very decent on his day, but I wouldn’t be taking
    the 4/9 that’s on offer with some firms. If he had a string of ones and twos before his
    win 3 weeks ago then fair enough, but he has disappointed often enough to give me enough
    encouragement to back Angel Alexander. I think the run 2 weeks ago will have brought him
    on and it was his 1st time here. He got squeezed at an important time last time out, and
    that gave him a lot to do. He’s got to be tough to have won an Ayr Gold Cup (in a fast time)
    and I think he has a big shout here.

5.25 Fasuba 25/1 E/W Skybet

Midnight Sands should have this, but I thought there was more mileage in the 25/1 E/W
    with Skybet. I think they are sticking their necks out a bit with that, and I’ve had a
    decent bet. I think the favourite aside that this is a poor field and that Fasuba has
    more chance than his odds suggest. I’ll probably do the f/c as well.

6.00 Epic Hero 6/1 Paddy Power

Simon Crisford seems to be getting a good tune out of Epic hero since his transfer
    from Andre Fabre. He was unlucky not to win here last month, and then found that the
    extra furlong 2 weeks ago just streched him too far. His being unlucky means his
    handicap has only gone up 1lb, and back at the mile I think he will take advantage
    of that.

That’s me done Jac. I got them all on in the wee hours, so this is me just catching up
    with my waffle this morning. Best of luck all :good:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6584

Jac that must have been a nightmare when you thought you had lost all your
    hard work. Thank goodness it was still there when you powered up again.
    Phew :whistle:

TheKryptonFactorTheKryptonFactor
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1015

Have been watching (although seldom betting due to time constraints) Meydan this season.

40p Doubles

2:30 – Ghaiyyath (4/9)
    3:05 – Good Fortune (7/4)
    3:40 – Dubai Love (11/10)
    4:15 – Zakouski (5/2)
    4:50 – Mazzini (14/1)
    5:25 – Behavioral Bias (11/2)
    6:00 – Epic Hero (11/2)

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1843

Will back Zakouski again if gets any bigger than 5/2

Good luck people

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4753

Hi all :bye:
    Going to be my first bets at Meydan for a while. Life gets in the way sometimes and horse racin has to take a back seat but enough of my moaning….

2.30 No bet fav to skinny!!
    3.05 Moqtarreb at 13/2 an Seniority at 25/1 both four places each way. Moq ran well here first time out and didn’t get he breaks behind Salute The Soldier last time out and had a bad draw too! Seniority looks like a dark horse that will win a decent race out here but it is a case of when (Hopefully today :good: )
    3.40 fave should win but have had a few quid each way on Down On Da Bayou at 5/1 in the hope he gets a soft lead.
    4.15 I am firmly in the Dream Castle camp at 4/1
    4.50 fave should win but have had a few quid each way on Angel Alexander at 16/1 because someone has to finish second and he should improve from his last run
    5.25 Looks a tricky little race and I looked at a few of these and the pin ended up on All Out Blitz at 6/1 but I don’t want Tour De Paris to win cos I backed that last time and it ran bad even allowing for it losing a shoe
    6.00 The Lucky Last :yahoo:
    I have backed two in this each way four places Laieth at 15/2 who was little unlucky nt to win last time out and has a good draw in two if he can hod his position early and Fanaar at 28/1 who ran well in a lot of bi handicaps in the UK last year and at that price has to be worth a few quid

Good Luck Folks :good: :good:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6584

Wow !!! that was impressive from Ghaiyyath. I actually was a bit concerned early on
    because he wen’t off at such a lick he wouldn’t have looked out of place in a 6f sprint.
    It just shows how good he is when he can last out 10f at that pace. He’s a absolute
    joy to watch :rose:

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1843

brilliant big g :good:

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9279

Wow….Ghaiyyath :yahoo: what a horse.

Graham..brilliant pick with your Cliffs Of Capri beat my horse ..Moqtarreb..we really should go for the forecasts. :good:

Lets hope the afternoon carries on like this and Dubai Love trots home in the UAE Oaks… :good:

Just home from a morning at the pictures with Sonic The Hedgehog .. time for some supersonic horses now :good: .

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 578 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.