The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays 2020

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Meydan Thursdays 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 2,746 through 2,760 (of 3,009 total)
  • Author
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10827

She is much better than that Graham lovely filly and hope they find her a race soon. :good:

3.45 Lingfield
    Class 1 Listed 1m5f

Looks an interesting race with Elizabethofaragon representing Coolmore and Michael Stoute employing the services of Mr.Buick for Sorrel..

However Mark Johnston as always aims two runners here and both are extremely capable of winning this…

VIVID DIAMOND.. 14/1 .. EW
    Blinkers on first time and won’t find the trip any trouble..likewise

TULIP FIELDS .. 9/2 .. EW
    Has recently won and in tip top form as is the stable who’s horses are flying all over Europe at the moment. :good:
    Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10827

Bit disappointed there as noticed Franny Norton didn’t ride Tulip Fields out for a place ..very gently treated at the finish..one for next time. :good:

That’s it for today..my Ten to Follow are are posted ..time for a cuppa.
    :bye: Jac

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10827

Last two days of Newmarket coming up and a race that I always like to have a little interest in..

Bosra Sham Fillies Stakes Class 1 Listed ..

1.45 Newmarket
    VENTURA DIAMOND
    WIN ..7/1

This Richard Fahey trained daughter of Dandy Man is bred for speed and I’m certain she can step up and beat all of her rivals tomorrow.

Last time out she led all the way to win at Leicester on heavy ground beating Risk Of Thunder and Red Fascinator readily it was that performance that made me think she would be well suited to course and conditions tomorrow. Nice filly. :heart:

Good luck if you’re having a bet Friday. :good: Jac

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10827

Hi to Nick if you’re about, haven’t heard from you lately.
    Hope all is well with you and yours and you’re managing to find a few winners.
    Jac :bye:

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7721

Good luck with Ventura Diamond Jac, I’ve given them all the run down and
    it looks a really tough race. Ventura Diamond (it didn’t feel right just
    putting her initials :whistle: ) is certainly one that’s going to manage
    the conditions well and not many have run on it. The front 2 look very useful,
    Operatic and Mishall star, especially Operatic who slaughtered them at Windsor
    and then ran out a comfortable winner at Kempton. The question with her is
    will she be able to dominate as she has done on heavy ground. I was going to
    just watch this one as it’s a tough one to call, but I have to say that at a price
    I quite like the look of Glasga Gal. She was in front for a long time on her debut
    at Kempton and was only caught with one coming up the rail late on. She was
    a bit like Lavendaer’s Blue yesterday, in that she was caught in a pocket at
    Newmarket next time out and Jim Crowley (bit of a coincidence or what :unsure: )
    had to wait, couldn’t get through and pulled her 4 horses wide before a running
    on 4th. What impressed me the most was last time out at Yarmouth on heavy ground,
    where she looked like she was going to beat the pack by about a 1/2L, when the
    winner came from wide. When the winner passed her, she picked up again and they
    pulled about 3L clear in the last 100yards. It was the way that she looked like
    she was doing her best, but when she was passed she found another gear and ran
    on really well to go down by a 1/2L. She looked very comfortable on the heavy
    ground, and the fact that she could pick up again late on gives me the impression
    she had more up her sleeve. At the odds, in particular with the front 2 having a
    question mark on the ground, I think she’s a decent E/W :good:

1.45 Newmarket Glasga Gal 22/1 Paddy Power E/W

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10827

Nice price for Glasga Gal at 22’s Graham I think a reverse forecast with Ventura Diamond wouldn’t go amiss. :mail:

It’s a fascinating race and should produce one for our notebooks next season, so can’t blame you for getting drawn in there.

In normal times I would now be on my way to Newmarket with daughter Louise for our overnighter taking in both days but Covid has put paid to that little jolly..anyway with Louise being 6 months pregnant and weather not looking brilliant probably best she doesn’t have too much excitement and jumping up and down Lol. ..
    Newmarket races have given me a 2 day Racing TV pass so will be glued to that today.

Best of luck Graham..and looking forward to some good racing over the weekend. Jac :rose:

Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 560

Hello Everyone :) There’s lots of good racing this weekend. A great card @ Down Royal were several big guns will be making their reappearance, including Envoi Allen, Abracadabras, Queens Brook! (& that’s just today!)

That’s a cracking race a Newmarket Jac. You can make a case for quite a few of them. Operatic and Kindred Spirt are the two I like. Operatic is on a 3 timer and Kindred Spirit won with a bit in hand last time.

Final call on my TTF tonight. Most of yours are on my “short list” Jac. Really looking forward to this comp. Then it’s immediately into studying for the BC next weekend.

Good Luck today!

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10827

:yahoo: That was a lovely front running performance from Ventura Diamond..jus what I was hoping for.
    She’s a nice prospect for 2021.

There would have been a lot of jumping up and down in the stands today if we’d been there.
    Pleased with the 7’s last night. :good:

Sorry about Glasga Gal Graham.
    :rose:

Good luck with your final choices Andre not long go now. I think most of mine have been quite popular but hopefully I have a couple of darker ones in there. :good:

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7721

Very well done Jac and what a nice way to skelp the bookies with a 7/2 winner
    that you dived in early for a whopping 7/1 :yahoo:

Disappointing run from Glesga Gal, not too many positives I can take from that.
    She didn’t look like the same horse for whatever reason today. That’s racing for
    you :unsure:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10827

Thanks Graham :good: I did research her quite thoroughly last night and the Middleham Racing syndicate that own her released some video of her on the breeze ups and boy can she go. I usually get it wrong when I back Fahey’s horses so quite chuffed that I found this one and the 7/1 was a bonus. :good:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10827

Have to have one or two in the lucky last so here goes…

4.05 Newmarket

CHANCE ..15/8 price boost
    WIN

Unlucky to come up against an in form Ouzo last time and just caught at the finish. Goes on the ground and James Doyle eyecatching booking. :good:

MODMIN .. 100/30 :heart:
    EW

I really like this son of Tamayuz he has a big bold high knee action and I can just see him powering away up the hill at the finish .. for that reason have also done a reverse forecast with Chance

Looking forward to this ..off in 7 minutes..Jac :bye:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10827

:yahoo: Can’t believe they let Chance go off at 3/1 and betting from home had it’s advantages with best price which you don”t get on course.

Modmin used his high knee action to get up the hill at the finish and I think he would have got closer to Chance but for being boxed in most of the race.

The rev forecast paid just under £12.00 for a £1 stake and I had that twice :good:

Love this meeting and very happy it worked out today. Hope to sort out a few more tomorrow.. Jac :bye:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6027

Bets for jumps races

CHRISS DREAM 3/1
    IBLEO 5/2
    KID COMMANDO 100/30
    WHATMORE 5/1
    SAM SPINNER 6/1
    ZAKOUSKI 5/2 At newmarket to

Hope you guys all ok to

Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 560

Nice job with Venture Diamond & Chance! :good: Lots of bookie bashing :yahoo:

My TTF is posted. So many good horses, so few places. Saint Roi, Put the Kettle On, Chacun Pour Soi, Fury Road were a few that got cut at the end. I also like Al Boum Photo a lot, but worry he may only run once before the Gold Cup.

Lots of great racing on Saturday!

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10827

Nice list Andre and best of luck…it is the hardest cut when you are down to the last 15 or so but hopefully racing will continue through any more lockdowns and we have Meydan starting next week :yahoo: and the Breeders Cup compy to come. :good: Jac

I’m going to indulge myself on the final day of Newmarket today starting off with a future 2021 star in the first ..

11.50 Newmarket
    HOPEFULLY DARLING..5/2 (Price boost)
    WIN

I’m certain her price will tumble nearer the start.

:heart: By Frankel and full Sister to Cracksman :heart:

Remember being up early enjoying a full english at our hotel and by now we were at the racecourse mulling over the card with coffee. Enough of the reminiscing :whistle:

This Fillies Plus 10 race is one that John Gosden always sends his best 2yo filly to take part in last year he won it with a cracking filly called Heiress and in 3rd place was Angel Power so it shows how good she was….sadly for one reason or another she never made it to the track. I’m hoping she went straight to stud so will be on the look out for her progeny next year.

Anyway good luck if you’re having a bet today…
    will be back with more Newmarket later for anyone who is interested.. :rose:
    Jac

Viewing 15 posts - 2,746 through 2,760 (of 3,009 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.