The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan Thursdays 2020

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Meydan Thursdays 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 2,731 through 2,745 (of 3,009 total)
  • Author
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7721

I hope you had a look at the Mustaqbal ride Andre, I’ve got a picture in my head as to how
    it came about…….

Paige….Please Mr Dods, can I get to ride in a race

Michael Dods…..Absolutely not !!

Paige…..Oh please Mr Dods, please let me have a go

MD…..Not a chance !!

Paige…..Oh Please Mr Dods, Please. please please

MD…F@*k sake Paige, remember the last time ?

Paige….. Please, please, please, please, please, please

MD, Oh for f@*k sake Paige, go to the stable and see who’s running

Paige heads to the stable

Mustaqbal…. (nostrils flaring) you’ve got to be fecking kidding !!!! :wacko:

Well that’s how I see it, and it let me have a few minutes relief from this TTF !!
    I’ve chopped and changed, watched bloody hours of reruns but I’ve decided to go with
    what I’ve got just now before it drives me over the edge :wacko:

The last one that got the chop was Slate House, even though I’ve backed him
    for the Bet365 Hurdle2.45 Wetherby Saturday at 25/1. He’s also entered
    in the Charlie hall, but Colin Tizzard stated this week that he was likely to go for the
    hurdle race, so watch him head to the Charlie Hall now :unsure:

Good luck with your TTF Andre, and I’ll look forward to seeing your 10 Jac as you’ve got them
    sorted out now, well done :good:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10827

😅🤣I’vd been chuckling about that all afternoon Graham .. can just imagine Paige stomping off to the stables and all the horses diving into their nosebags..poor old Mustaqbal must have been dragged kicking and bucking to the racecourse and on way he spotted a wonky trolley which hatched a cunning plan in his head… :whistle:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10827

Noticed you’ve now entered your 10 Jumps horses to follow Graham and they look a lively bunch of contenders best of luck with them :good: . I have just two of them in my own list and did deliberate about having the same star horse as yourself but have gone for one who I think could hopefully improve and watching videos I just love this horses feisty attitude. Probably posting them up tomorrow but bit disappointed no news about BDM I think like you with Slate House he will be out :cry:

Also look forward to your 10 horses Andre and also Nathan who by the way has posted up notice of a Breeders Cup Competition on 6th/7th November..so just when we thought we could rest our brains for a while we now have to troll through American form…but I do love a challenge and look forward to it..just don’t forget Rummy’s compy and 3 horses Graham.. :wacko: Also Meydan Thursdays begins on the 5th .. fireworks night..💥💨 :yahoo:
    Jac

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7721

Don’t worry Jac, I’ve done as Nathan said and I’ve got my list to tick off
    every Saturday. I’ll add to it when there’s midweek stuff on as well :good:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10827

Just off out for a few hours but just a quick heads up Graham..

LAVENDER’S BLUE :heart:
    WIN
    13/2 .. best price
    2.45 Lingfield

Making her AW debut and well treated at the weights she takes on talented and to be feared Cloak Of Spirits (too short to back IMO).

Jim Crowley on board, this surface could be just what she needs… :good:
    Love to see her win this and I know you would Graham.
    Jac

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7721

Thanks for the heads up Jac, absolutely worth a pop. She hated it last time out at
    Newmarket, she just couldn’t handle that heavy ground. If Jim Crowley can make sure
    that she’s not hemmed in until late on, she doesn’t have an explosive kick, but if
    she can see daylight from a couple of furlongs out she can mount a sustained run and
    cut Cloak Of Spirits down. I missed Bet365’s 13/2 whilst I looked at COS’s last couple
    of runs, I should have bet first then watched, but I got a power up from 6s to 13/2
    from Paddy Power. If she takes to the surface, and I’ve no reason to think that she
    won’t, I think she should run a screamer :good:

Lavender’s Blue 13/2 Paddy Power

Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 560

Graham, that is hilarious and probably very close to the truth. I’m sure Mustaqbal will turn tail and run anytime he sees Ms Hopper coming with 100 yards of his stable. Poor old guy, after 50 plus races he deserves better.

As for my TTF list, well I’ve pruned it down to about a dozen. The final cuts will be hard, with four or five hurdlers going for two spots and we only have one or two the same Graham.

Good Luck with Lavender Blue!

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22938

I’ve joined the club on Lavender Blue
    looks a fair price

Member since March 2008
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10827

Good luck with the lovely LB Nathan. :good:

Just about to post up my TTF list next half hour so..with fingers well and truly crossed .. I don’t really want to let go of it as I know I’m committed but it has to be done. :rose:

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22938

Noticed Oh This is Us is running today
    had to have a little on him

Member since March 2008
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10827

Hannon triple handed and Magical Wish almost won it but Documentimg came with a late flourish on the outside to steal the race..shame about OTIU Nathan he didn’t seem to get into it.
    I had a fiver on Huraiz who didn’t stay.

So Lavenders Blue
    It’s all up to you. :rose:

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7721

Hmmmm, that’s a bit concerting, Lavender’s on the slide :unsure:

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7721

Darn it, she got stopped just at the wrong time and was flying when she got free.
    I love her, but she’s one helluva unlucky filly :unsure:

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10827

Agreed so unlucky Graham..she always seems to find trouble in running and get herself in a hole. Jim Crowley did his best to get her balanced and find the gap for her and she flew.. just unlucky that Indie Angel was flying down the outside…AW definitely the surface for her.
    Best run for a long time. :good: Jac

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7721

Agreed Jac, I said earlier if Jim Crowley managed to get her seeing daylight with
    2 furlongs to go she would have a sustained run. That’s all she needs but as you say,
    she always seems to find herself in a hole and always gets out just too late. I’ve
    no idea why the drift out to 7s, but if they find a decent race for her on the all
    weather and give her half a chance I think she would be a good thing. Two wins out
    of 11 doesn’t sound very promising, but it doesn’t tell the story. She’s better
    than that :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 2,731 through 2,745 (of 3,009 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.